Guitar Game PLEASE READ

I'd wait to declare absence of negativity until after everybody looses (minus 2 people, of course).

How can anyone be negative when they stand to get a new Warmoth? This wasn't a waffle for a coffee enema.

B3Guy said:
or (more likely), loose $50.

You don't really "lose" it in this waffle banquet. You get to see right where it goes, and make someone on this forum super happy. I want myself to win above all, but if I can't win, I think it would be awesome if one of the donated tickets hit for max, NT, or line6man.

I blow $50 on way dumber stuff on a regular basis. This is a no-brainer.

AND ALL OF US REPEAT WAFFLE CONTESTANTS SHOULD DO SOMETHING NICE FOR OCGUY WHO TAKES HIS TIME AND DEALS WITH ALL THE BS!!!

(and next year, send via the "personal" tab and pay your paypal fees upfront)

clearerphish said:
I think it would be awesome if one of the donated tickets hit for max, NT, or line6man.
Well, one of those  :laughing7:

Next year, we may need to double the breakfast amounts :p

Max said:
Next year, we may need to double the breakfast amounts :p

I would prefer to see the max # of entries lowered. The great thing about these waffles is the decent odds :guitaristgif:. If I wanted a lottery ticket I'd go to the gas station. :)

I think the 200 max is a good number.  Higher than that and it gets really hard to even spend that much on one guitar.  My dream build right now comes out to about $900 for the neck and body.  The electronics/hardware would be another $400 ish.  That leaves enough for a custom neck plate and a hardcase.  Seems like a good amount to me.  I also like the odds being lower as well.  Makes you think you could actually win.  Well for me a 1% chance, but still that is better than the 1 in 176 million for the sad little lottery ticket I bought for the megamillions.  :icon_tongue:

Danuda said:
I think the 200 max is a good number.  Higher than that and it gets really hard to even spend that much on one guitar.  My dream build right now comes out to about $900 for the neck and body.  The electronics/hardware would be another $400 ish.  That leaves enough for a custom neck plate and a hardcase.  Seems like a good amount to me.  I also like the odds being lower as well.  Makes you think you could actually win.  Well for me a 1% chance, but still that is better than the 1 in 176 million for the sad little lottery ticket I bought for the megamillions.   :icon_tongue:
Oh, forgot to say... two full winners!

Danuda said:
I think the 200 max is a good number. 

Agreed, I meant the max # of entries per person. A 1 in 200 shot for each waffle purchased is a great deal. If it took you 20 years to win a waffle you'd still come out ahead.

clearerphish said:
You don't really "lose" it in this waffle banquet. You get to see right where it goes, and make someone on this forum super happy. I want myself to win above all, but if I can't win, I think it would be awesome if one of the donated tickets hit for max, NT, or line6man.

Agreed as to all points.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the winner spends the dough, and I'm looking forward to expressing my opinion, interest, and awe at whatever comes along.

And I agree that Max, NT, and line6man are each worthy of the win.  Each is tremendously helpful and positive on this forum.  I'm glad Max and NT made it in at the last minute.  It woulda been a shame if they had missed out.

Bagman

clearerphish said:
Danuda said:
I think the 200 max is a good number. 

Agreed, I meant the max # of entries per person. A 1 in 200 shot for each waffle purchased is a great deal. If it took you 20 years to win a waffle you'd still come out ahead.

I think 5 is a good limit, tho. That's a 1 in 40 chance! If anything, maybe keep the same price of $10 per, and keep the $5 per person limit as well, but don't put a limit on # sold. Then the 1st place gets $2K or whatever, and the 2nd place gets the leftovers?

Am I the only one that checked the numbers for yesterday......If so it would have been Luke for the win

Given how quickly these sold, and how the winner is determined, 250 next year should work. The extra (1/5 the total) could go to 2nd place. That should cover a useful Warmoth part.

To be clear, I think it is being run very well this time. Thanks!

richship said:
Given how quickly these sold, and how the winner is determined, 250 next year should work. The extra (1/5 the total) could go to 2nd place. That should cover a useful Warmoth part.

To be clear, I think it is being run very well this time. Thanks!

+1, run very well!

just sayin . . . . if there's more people willing to throw money into it, there will be more to win!

I like the idea of increasing it a little, or maybe do it semi-annually?  quarterly? every two months?  monthly might be too much.

GearBoxTy said:
I like the idea of increasing it a little, or maybe do it semi-annually?  quarterly? every two months?  monthly might be too much.

Pretty sure once a year is all they'll let slide.

clearerphish said:
GearBoxTy said:

Pretty sure once a year is all they'll let slide.

Yeah this gets brought up every year and I think once a year is perfect, christmas would suck if it was everyday. I really think Warmoth would frown on anything more then once a year

Back