Gruhn Guitars update!!!!

Shmoopie

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rw5uX6PFPGs
Gruhn Guitars: Electrics, Acoustics, Banjos and Mandolins

As many times as I've been to Nashville, and as much time as I've spent there, I never went to Gruhn. Warner Hodges always says "It's like a strip club. You can look for days, but you ain't a bringin' a damn one home with you."

He's right, which is why we never go.

That kinda $ buys a lot of Warmoths!

My kids are going away with their grandparents this summer....The wife and I are planning a trip to Nashville...The first day I'm going to let her sleep in really late....Guess where I'm going?

I love how right at the beginning he takes down that old Gibson prototype and then put it on the floor and leans the neck on a chair. I guess he knows what he's doing though...

went there many times when I lived in the area. it's worth a visit just for the eye candy and shock value

do leave your CC's at home or in the hotel

all the best,

R

guitlouie said:
My kids are going away with their grandparents this summer....The wife and I are planning a trip to Nashville...The first day I'm going to let her sleep in really late....Guess where I'm going?
I've passed by the Gibson plant a thousand time going to and from Knoxville, but I'm always passing by at the wrong time to take a tour....

I like those '50s Dots, pretty sweet... and that ES335 (?) that belonged to Jerry Garcia.  All of them are so f*cking expensive though.

I spoke with him on the phone in '77 when I moonlighted at a music store in Galveston, TX. It was NOT a pleasant experience.

Gruhn. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was having a bad day. Still, if I had an ancient Martin or Gibson acoustic, he'd still be the first person I'd take it to.

So I was looking at pickguards on ebay - - they are selling pickguards from the 50's for $1750. This is a sickness. I wonder if anyone back then had any thought that people would be completely insane today. Probably not.

"i'm not saying you can buy one for $2K that will sound as good.."

horse crap.  I don't believe it for a second.

"they dont make 'em like they used to" is something my grandpa says.

want a custom, hand made guitar? Hamer and Heritage are good choices. Ive played both, much better quality than Gibson's standard stuff and at much lower price.

Brian

GoDrex said:
So I was looking at pickguards on ebay - - they are selling pickguards from the 50's for $1750. This is a sickness. I wonder if anyone back then had any thought that people would be completely insane today. Probably not.

The stupid thing about that, is that if they are the older style of plastic that was made in the 50s they can get brittle (bakelite?), and some types of plastics shrink over time. I think shrinkage is a real problem for older Strats' pickguards, and you'd be better off buying a modern plastic replacement.

would you guys rather spend 400 thousand on a indivdual guitar that you would be afraid to use or buy 400 thousand dollars worth of warmoth guitars?????    i would choose the warmoth axes :guitarplayer2:

sundin4prez said:
would you guys rather spend 400 thousand on a indivdual guitar that you would be afraid to use or buy 400 thousand dollars worth of warmoth guitars?????    i would choose the warmoth axes :guitarplayer2:

That's like *does math in head* that's like 300something guitars! Yeah, I'd do that! :toothy12:

Back