Grolsch

Well, which variety of Grolsch, available in the US is it that you started to drink: Lager, Amber, Blonde, or Light (eww)?  Without knowing this, I am going to guess that it has to be because RATM bassist Tim Commerford uses the rubber tops of Grolsch bottles as straplocks on his bass.

using the rubber portion as a straplock ^^^^ i should start reading the other posts before i open my mouth.

Bingo.  I wanted to buy beer and I wanted to buy strap locks.  I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.  And I got the Lager cause that's all they had.  I would have gotten the Amber, but they didn't have it.

I stopped drinking Grolsch years ago, since a friend told me he thought he could taste a hint of onions..
since then it actually did taste like onions to me...  :tard:

There is this thing with beer... it's such a high volume product that it's become nothing more than a liquid coming out of some chemical plant. There's very little left of the pride of brewing a good beer left, except in the smaller independent breweries.

The CEO's of Heineken, Stella Artois and De Koninck (*) meet to have lunch together.
When the waiter asks them what they want to drink, the CEO of Heineken says "I'll have a Heineken".
The CEO of Stella Artois says: "I'll have a Stella".
The CEO of De Koninck says: "I'll just have a glass of water".

The two others look at him is surprise, and exclaim: "What, aren't you having a beer?"

To which he responds: "Well, you're not having a BEER either..."

(*) http://www.dekoninck.be/page.php?lan=EN&id=14

newcastle_brown_ale.jpg

FTW!

I didn't know that Newcastle made a left-handed beer bottle.  :laughing7:

Marko said:
I stopped drinking Grolsch years ago, since a friend told me he thought he could taste a hint of onions..
since then it actually did taste like onions to me...  :tard:
The power of suggestion... :laughing11:

I've been wanting to try some Grolsch, but haven't found it around here. So I just drink my fav....Fosters or Heineken, which ever is available... :hello2:

ByteFrenzy said:
There is this thing with beer... it's such a high volume product that it's become nothing more than a liquid coming out of some chemical plant. There's very little left of the pride of brewing a good beer left, except in the smaller independent breweries.

The CEO's of Heineken, Stella Artois and De Koninck (*) meet to have lunch together.
When the waiter asks them what they want to drink, the CEO of Heineken says "I'll have a Heineken".
The CEO of Stella Artois says: "I'll have a Stella".
The CEO of De Koninck says: "I'll just have a glass of water".

The two others look at him is surprise, and exclaim: "What, aren't you having a beer?"

To which he responds: "Well, you're not having a BEER either..."

(*) http://www.dekoninck.be/page.php?lan=EN&id=14
Mmmmmmmm, the Blonde looks awesome....You ever drink DeKoninck Rene?
dekoninck_blond_titel.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
Mmmmmmmm, the Blonde looks awesome....You ever drink DeKoninck Rene?
dekoninck_blond_titel.jpg

Sometimes... Usually when I drink beer I'll just have pilsener lager. Now and then a Trappist beer, usually Westmalle, and if it's really hot 'Kriek'. That's a Lambic beer (sour taste) to which they've added cherries so the beer takes over the fruity taste. Very refreshening. I'm not all that much into beer though, I really prefer wine. Must be my more mediterranean lineage.

Back