Grolsch

G

guitlouie

Well, which variety of Grolsch, available in the US is it that you started to drink: Lager, Amber, Blonde, or Light (eww)?  Without knowing this, I am going to guess that it has to be because RATM bassist Tim Commerford uses the rubber tops of Grolsch bottles as straplocks on his bass.

UTSC

using the rubber portion as a straplock ^^^^ i should start reading the other posts before i open my mouth.

hannaugh

Bingo.  I wanted to buy beer and I wanted to buy strap locks.  I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.  And I got the Lager cause that's all they had.  I would have gotten the Amber, but they didn't have it.

m4rk0

I stopped drinking Grolsch years ago, since a friend told me he thought he could taste a hint of onions..
since then it actually did taste like onions to me...  :tard:

ByteFrenzy

There is this thing with beer... it's such a high volume product that it's become nothing more than a liquid coming out of some chemical plant. There's very little left of the pride of brewing a good beer left, except in the smaller independent breweries.

The CEO's of Heineken, Stella Artois and De Koninck (*) meet to have lunch together.
When the waiter asks them what they want to drink, the CEO of Heineken says "I'll have a Heineken".
The CEO of Stella Artois says: "I'll have a Stella".
The CEO of De Koninck says: "I'll just have a glass of water".

The two others look at him is surprise, and exclaim: "What, aren't you having a beer?"

To which he responds: "Well, you're not having a BEER either..."

(*) http://www.dekoninck.be/page.php?lan=EN&id=14

Superlizard

newcastle_brown_ale.jpg

FTW!

G

guitlouie

I didn't know that Newcastle made a left-handed beer bottle.  :laughing7:

DangerousR6

Marko said:
I stopped drinking Grolsch years ago, since a friend told me he thought he could taste a hint of onions..
since then it actually did taste like onions to me...  :tard:
The power of suggestion... :laughing11:

DangerousR6

I've been wanting to try some Grolsch, but haven't found it around here. So I just drink my fav....Fosters or Heineken, which ever is available... :hello2:

DangerousR6

ByteFrenzy said:
There is this thing with beer... it's such a high volume product that it's become nothing more than a liquid coming out of some chemical plant. There's very little left of the pride of brewing a good beer left, except in the smaller independent breweries.

The CEO's of Heineken, Stella Artois and De Koninck (*) meet to have lunch together.
When the waiter asks them what they want to drink, the CEO of Heineken says "I'll have a Heineken".
The CEO of Stella Artois says: "I'll have a Stella".
The CEO of De Koninck says: "I'll just have a glass of water".

The two others look at him is surprise, and exclaim: "What, aren't you having a beer?"

To which he responds: "Well, you're not having a BEER either..."

(*) http://www.dekoninck.be/page.php?lan=EN&id=14
Mmmmmmmm, the Blonde looks awesome....You ever drink DeKoninck Rene?
dekoninck_blond_titel.jpg

ByteFrenzy

DangerousR6 said:
Mmmmmmmm, the Blonde looks awesome....You ever drink DeKoninck Rene?
dekoninck_blond_titel.jpg

Sometimes... Usually when I drink beer I'll just have pilsener lager. Now and then a Trappist beer, usually Westmalle, and if it's really hot 'Kriek'. That's a Lambic beer (sour taste) to which they've added cherries so the beer takes over the fruity taste. Very refreshening. I'm not all that much into beer though, I really prefer wine. Must be my more mediterranean lineage.