Grolsch

NonsenseTele said:
Damn you Renè!!!!

I want a damn pint of it!!! And you'll give it to me :laughing7: Am I clear?? :p

Gladly. Anytime you're in Belgium just let me know and I'll buy you one.

ByteFrenzy said:
NonsenseTele said:
Damn you Renè!!!!

I want a damn pint of it!!! And you'll give it to me :laughing7: Am I clear?? :p

Gladly. Anytime you're in Belgium just let me know and I'll buy you one.

It's a long and winding road to that door, my friend  :sad:
But I'll try!

DangerousR6 said:
Marko said:
I stopped drinking Grolsch years ago, since a friend told me he thought he could taste a hint of onions..
since then it actually did taste like onions to me...  :tard:
The power of suggestion... :laughing11:

Yes that is exactly all it is..

Marko said:
DangerousR6 said:
Marko said:
I stopped drinking Grolsch years ago, since a friend told me he thought he could taste a hint of onions..
since then it actually did taste like onions to me...  :tard:
The power of suggestion... :laughing11:

Yes that is exactly all it is..

Never drink beer without washing your hands first, and again afterwards. Oh wait, there's another thread for hints.

DangerousR6 said:
I've been wanting to try some Grolsch, but haven't found it around here. So I just drink my fav....Fosters or Heineken, which ever is available... :hello2:

You actually want to drink fizzy urine? I just don't understand some people. ;)

Now a proper beer is something like Spectrum Dark Fantastic, good luck getting it though as it's only sold in about 4 or 5 places within 20 miles of the brewery.  :icon_biggrin:

To get the best possible beer, walk into any restaurant or pub in the Czech Republic and say "Dám si pivo, prosím."

At home I usually drink Rolling Rock.  Miller High Life when I'm feeling cheap.  Pilsner Urquell when I'm feeling spendy.  :eek:ccasion14:

Now here's a real beer!  :glasses10:

paulaner_oktoberfest_sixer.jpg

Hell yeah to the Paulaner.  We got some of that in last fall at the restaurant where I work as one of our seasonals.  We had to hide the cost from the owner, because we had to pay more for it than we usually do. 

Nick Ellingworth said:
DangerousR6 said:
I've been wanting to try some Grolsch, but haven't found it around here. So I just drink my fav....Fosters or Heineken, which ever is available... :hello2:

Now a proper beer is something like Spectrum Dark Fantastic, good luck getting it though as it's only sold in about 4 or 5 places within 20 miles of the brewery.  :icon_biggrin:
Sounds like you're the one drinking fizzy urine... :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
Nick Ellingworth said:
DangerousR6 said:

Sounds like you're the one drinking fizzy urine... :laughing11:

I only drink real ales from local breweries. :p

guitlouie said:
Hell yeah to the Paulaner.  We got some of that in last fall at the restaurant where I work as one of our seasonals.  We had to hide the cost from the owner, because we had to pay more for it than we usually do. 

Next Octoberfest...or any time really...try some of the Paulaner with a shot of Rumple Minze peppermint scnapps. Rumple Minze first, then the Paulaner...to put out the flames.  Great combo. :icon_thumright:

I'm totally convinced that the best beer you can buy is whatever is made locally and has no rice, corn, or other crap in it. On the East Coast I like Brooklyn Brewery, Boston makes a lot of nice beers too. In California I never would have drank Sam Adams but here it's decent. Beer jstu doesn't travel well, and Grolsch is nasty!
Edit: But if I were in Denmark I would try one out of curiosity.

tfarny said:
I'm totally convinced that the best beer you can buy is whatever is made locally and has no rice, corn, or other crap in it. On the East Coast I like Brooklyn Brewery, Boston makes a lot of nice beers too. In California I never would have drank Sam Adams but here it's decent. Beer jstu doesn't travel well, and Grolsch is nasty!
Edit: But if I were in Denmark I would try one out of curiosity.
Most of my favorite beers are imports, and I don't seem to have any issues with any of them. As a matter of fact, I prefer the imports over the domestic beers here. Except for Shiner Amber, most of the domestics are to watery...

"I stopped drinking Grolsch years ago, since a friend told me he thought he could taste a hint of onions..
since then it actually did taste like onions to me...  "

I stopped drinking Miller Genuine Draft when I noticed it tasted like Kraft American Cheese slices.

Brian

bpmorton777 said:
I stopped drinking Miller Genuine Draft when I noticed it tasted like Kraft American Cheese slices.

Brian

Kraft, Miller, and R.J. Reynolds (Camel Cigarettes) are all the same company.  Maybe that's the cheese connection.  I generally have to force feed myself more than 2 beers, I'm a cheap date.  However, MGD goes down like water to me.

I thought Rolling Rock was a relatively new beer, within the last few years.  Well, it may be new in these parts, but I was watching "The Deer Hunter" the other day, that beer was everywhere in the PA scenes of the movie.

Some military friends of mine said Budweiser is like gold in Japan.  Anyone ever heard that?

Anyone dig Lone Star?

All Japanese domestic beer is better than Budweiser, but that's not saying much. You guys have never had a really nice fresh all-malt beer down in the South, have you?  :sign13: That's why you like Grolsh and whatever. No offense.
It's like a guy who doesn't like tomatoes because he's never had a really ripe one picked fresh from a garden, just the tasteless things you get at the supermarket.

Back