Grolsch

Lucky #007 said:
I should have quoted nonsense.  He was saying he wanted some Shiner Black.  I was a bit surprised he knew what it was.
Ahhhhh, guess I missed that.. no kidding, surprised he would since it's more of a Texas thing.  I know import export is pretty abundant these days, but I would dare to guess that the U.S. imports more different varieties than most other countries do from us. But if I remember, I think he said once before he's been to Texas. Or someone from overseas mentioned that they had... :icon_scratch:

DangerousR6 said:
ByteFrenzy said:
I've been giving this 'favourite beer' thing some serious thought and I think it just comes down to variety. I really enjoyed the Efes when I was in Istanbul, when I'm in Germany I'll usually have Weizenbier or Hefebier, in Switzerland I usually have Calanda (although I enjoy it less now that they have been annexed by Heineken), in France I've had a couple of very nice beers from local micro-breweries, and here at home I just have one of five or six favourites depending on the situation. Jupiler, Westmalle, Leffe, Lindemans, De Koninck, Palm.
Hey Rene, you ever try any of this....
321px-Stella_Artois_Bottle.jpg

Obviously yes, but rarely bottles. Stella is the number one lager in Belgium, volume-wise. I prefer Jupiler but usually I'll just drink what they're serving in whatever hole we wind up in... Stella, Jupiler, Maes, Haacht are the lagers you're most likely to encounter. Most men have a definite preference for one and a distinct dislike for one other, but that does not keep anyone from (grudgingly) drinking it if that's what they serve. Most cafes have at least four taps and will have one or two lagers, either Palm or De Koninck, one or two Trappist beers (usually the darker Double), a white beer (either Hoegaarden or Brugs Tarwebier) and maybe a speciality beer like Kriek (the cherry beer) or one of these 'ice' beers, all from kegs. They'll have the rest in bottles and that could be between ten and thirty more beers. Home consumption is mainly from cans for lager and bottles for other beers.

Back