G4 Single Cut

cmalidore

She's done, folks. This is the 32" scale, which I find to be VERY comfortable.

-Black Korina Body with Basslines Pro Active P/J and 2 Band EQ. Bridge is the Schaller 463. It was finished with Tru Oil, I did not grain fill because I like some texture.

-Wenge/Ziricote Neck with the BML light tuners.

Using the new Ernie Ball cobalt strings aaaand yeah, that's about it.

So far it's got an incredible punch, though I'll have to warm it up on the EQ's a smidge. It's a tiny bit neck heavy though nothing terrible, I expect that from most basses. It's a nice weight, and easy to play. Happy customer here.

Attachments

• BASSCOMPLETE.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 1,271
How heavy is the wenge neck?  I am building a one piece black korina G4 at the moment (32in scale as well).  I'm a somewhat small framed woman and like the wenge, but somewhat afraid of the weight.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the wenge...

Gidge said:
How heavy is the wenge neck?  I am building a one piece black korina G4 at the moment (32in scale as well).  I'm a somewhat small framed woman and like the wenge, but somewhat afraid of the weight.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the wenge...

In comparison to the body -  it is a bit neck heavy.  That said - most basses are that way. It's certainly not at a level that bugs me. I've yet to weigh the instrument on a scale yet, but it's not a bad weight to me. I'm a really small framed guy and this feels  pretty comfortable so far. I gave it a test run on a 3 hour band practice last night and it was an absolute dream to work with. I have two instruments with wenge so far and it is by far my favorite neck wood.

awesome build.  I love it.  BK rules.

I have a short scale single cut on order...I will hve a 30 inch neck.
how do you like thee basslines?  Am am considering their MusicMan PU

Back