Finished my first build.

Guitar with Orange Korina Stripe, and Cat with Orange Korina Stripe. 

tctrEps.jpg

gg7SkWv.jpg

What ya'll think?

Cute kitty. I'm not going to say what that pattern reminds me of, but it's not Korina  :icon_biggrin:

Cagey said:
Cute kitty. I'm not going to say what that pattern reminds me of, but it's not Korina  :icon_biggrin:

Hahaha!  I thought that too.  I'm a therapist, and a man, what can I say?  But far away it doesn't look like that.

Great Ape said:
LEGGO!! LEGGO MAH NECK!! :toothy10:

It's chunky, I love it.  Burnished as smooth as silk.  The Ziricote is awesome.  I got the small/tall frets on this one.  Next one is Canary/Black Ebony neck with those SS6115 Warmoth frets.  We shall see.

Great Ape, I got that unfinished alder body in today.  Gonna SHELLAC that mug this weekend.  Prolly 2 coats, then hit it with the rub on poly.  I got some mean ass hand wound pickups for it.  Should be fun.  But the real beauty I'm waiting on is the Canary on Mahogany body, gloss finish.  It'll be quite something. 

vikingred said:
  Next one is Canary/Black Ebony neck with those SS6115 Warmoth frets.  We shall see.

Canary/black ebony/SS6115's make for a stellar combo. That's what I have on my very favorite axe, the 'Hog, pictured below.  You WILL love it.

6614996243_1975b0a6f3_b.jpg

6614982609_44bdbe5783_b.jpg

The figuring on the back of the neck on that telli is perfect.  I love concentric ring look.

Bagman, that thing is AWESOME.  Holy shite.  Dude I'll bet that thing smokes.  The tuning keys look badass as well.

Thanks, vikingred.  I really love that axe.  The thing is beat-to-shite because it's never in its case and I have a toddler in the house, but it just feels right.

Awesome outcome. Sorry it took me awhile to catch up to this.  :hello2: And yes, DangerousR6 makes great neckplates, got mine from him.

Back