Fender XII style guitar in Burgundy Mist (definitely)

Black ebony fretboard goes with black pickguard. :icon_thumright: with the black/red/black wouldn't look two bad.

Attachments

• guitar neck jount.png
    guitar neck jount.png
    492.6 KB · Views: 20
amigarobbo said:
:icon_scratch: I think the darker scratch plate brings out the full burgundy of the burgundy mist, the lighter weakens it. :toothy11:
I do believe you're right. Black socks all around!

Hands off socks, errr....

Anyway, I have ordered the standard Curtis Novak XII-V pickups with…

Black pickup covers.

:party07:

I've gone for no-connection between the two halves of the pickup so I can experiment with put the individual pickups into Parallel/Serial.

Still thinking about how I'm going to do it,  :icon_scratch:

It'll be interesting to know how that wiring between the pickup halves works out.

Well it works great with Fender P bass pickups, and they, errr... look similar.  :turtle:

It's one of those things that you can't tell if it'll work or not until you try it. I'm hoping it go from a Rickenbacker Hi-gain sort of jangle to a even thiner, sorta wrong, technically worse, but oh so right Rickenbacker Toaster sort of jangle. But more Fenderey.

:icon_scratch:

Alas, this may take more time than I would have hoped, as I've had a cash setback, I've been a bit naughty…

46454609_1941932685925668_1125746550740353024_n.jpg

He has bought a Shergold double neck by the looks of it. Note the six string neck has the strings brought straight by a couple of string trees, very similar to a device being sold recently to keep a Les Paul in tune.

stratamania said:
Note the six string neck has the strings brought straight by a couple of string trees, very similar to a device being sold recently to keep a Les Paul in tune.

I do note, I do! The crooked string pull on my LP and 137 plays havoc with my Bigsbys, drives me nuts. My gears are turning... (hear that grinding sound?)

Strum-de-strum…

[youtube]Xd3gl2wUKlY[/youtube]

:toothy10:

Pickups are here! DC resistance ~10.4K for the neck, ~11.4K for the bridge, which seems a bit high, but errr. I've no actual idea what the Fender original ones were (?) Anyway,

Anyone notice anything not quite right about this custom order?

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_3650.jpg
    IMG_3650.jpg
    999.1 KB · Views: 84
And about the other matter,

:headbang1:

I'm putting that one away for xmas, the desire makes it all the more bittersweet!

index.php

Attachments

• IMG_3612.jpg
    IMG_3612.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
stratamania said:
He has bought a Shergold double neck by the looks of it. Note the six string neck has the strings brought straight by a couple of string trees, very similar to a device being sold recently to keep a Les Paul in tune.
I'm think'n those "string trees" look an awful lot like strap buttons....  :icon_scratch:

Shergold never wasted time or money on something that you don't need to overthink, like a finish that lasts more that 5 years etc etc. That time is better spent overthinking the electronics!

Attachments

• Custom-Double-126.gif
    Custom-Double-126.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 28
BigSteve22 said:
stratamania said:
I'm think'n those "string trees" look an awful lot like strap buttons....  :icon_scratch:

Multi-purpose possibly.

I have handed the guitar over to a trained professional!

I've asked them to see if they can get the 3 way sliders will work in the bizarre way I want. If not I'll go for a rotary knob.  :turtle:

And I've decided to make it Stereo will a pull of the volume knob.  :turtle:

Oh, and after looking at matt black, I've decided on green pearloid for the pick guard.

4%20ply%20pearl%20green%20scratchplate.png

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

Back