Fender XII style guitar in Burgundy Mist (definitely)

amigarobbo said:
amigarobbo said:
I've also been over thinking the controls, I wonder if I could go for 3 way slide switches so I can put each of the individual pickups, into parallel, series or off. And another one to put BOTH the pickups into Parallel, Series or out of phase. The possibilities are Intriguing! :evil4:

I've been thinking about this,

So what I want is:

3 individual three-way switches, these things:

99c93248d36ea4a3b0dcbee47f31675c.jpg

Switch 1: Neck pickup off, parallel or series output
Switch 2: Bridge pickup off, parallel or series output
Switch 3: Put BOTH pickups in series, parallel or out of phase (pref. Series out of phase, but I can live with Parallel out of phase)

I think I've worked out 1 and 2, but is 3 possible with a single three way?

It's doing me nut in!  :sad1:

I've handed, well, a while ago handed this guitar to trained personnel, and this three 3-way thing didn't work, Couldn't turn the pickup off, or it could, but because it had half the coil left in circuit it was noisy. Or something.

:icon_scratch:

So I went for a 5 way switch (same as the original but with out of phase as an option), two microswitches to put the individual pickups into parrallel/series. And a push Pull on the volume to give stereo. :turtle:

This all works, But... (I'll just leave it at that, dangling, until I find out more) 
3351884048.gif

So still working in progress, sorry about the lack of updates.

That out of phase option is especially good if the pups are in series.  That stereo option is interesting.  Ovation had this set up on their electrics years ago.  Hope you work out the kinks.

Congrats! Looks like a good one. Waiting to hear how you like those pickups.

Certainly "not your grandfathers guitar"! Unique approach, nicely done, congrats on finishing your new axe! ( BTW, I have almost the same carpet, but with a blue-grey background.)

Nice, did you use Jack's Instrument Services for some setup tweaks?

It looks like near the opening of the video that I spied it on the wall.

Love everything except the pickguard. I think I would have mint green or maybe a tortoise shell guard, but we are all different.

Regards

Mark

Back