Fender XII style guitar in Burgundy Mist (definitely)

Yeah, that white MOP is the hot ticket, at least for my tastes. Can you get chrome covers for the pickups?

My eye says either a cream or  vintage  pearloid to compliment, or blue pearloid to contrast.  White pick up covers with the cream guard, cream pickup covers with the vintage and black or white covers with the blue pearloid.

Do you have a case yet?

In case I understand, you make a good case for your point.

I don't know if I can get a handle on this?  :icon_scratch:

:sad1:

If We solve this case of a case, I guess you can say we put a handle on it.

Consider this 'case closed'*.

index.php

* Although it's actually open...

Attachments

• IMG_3390.JPG
    IMG_3390.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 108
I’d suggest consistency - match the inlays and nut?

Too many colours will detract from the body colour and look unco-ordinated and hurried…

That green pearl is a 'no go' in my view!

I'm flip flopping like a politician! I think I've got it down to black pickup covers with a matt black pickguard

1%20ply%20mat%20black%20strat%20zex%20coils.png

Or cream covers with cream pearloid

hofner%204%20ply%20cream%20scratchplate.JPG

:icon_scratch:

https://frownonline.co.uk/virtual-guitar-builder/

Only Strat style at mo, but you can try out various colour options - if visualising it makes it any easier?

Having tried a preview, I’d suggest Vintage Pearl.  :icon_thumright:

Nice work on that builder, Frown! Like'n it a whole lot.

As for the pickguard/pup cover question, The mat-black with black covers sounds nice, but so does a solid pearl guard with white covers. I think both would look great against that satin burgundy mist. Looking forward to seeing you decision.

Frown, that builder is very good. I really like the drop downs that appear when selecting some of the items. Well done.

I agree, nice job on the builder. Very easy and straightforward to use, with attractive results.

I haz been experimenting, lo-tec!

Yes, with socks.

Shown with my Warmoth Fuchsia Flake and Fender VI in Candy Apple Red to give some comparison.

img_3519.jpg

img_3611.jpg

Enhance.

img_3610.jpg

img_3612.jpg

:icon_scratch: I think the darker scratch plate brings out the full burgundy of the burgundy mist, the lighter weakens it.

:toothy11:

I'm back to liking the black better. Y'know, Warmoth has a black/red/black sandwich material that might look good on there. Got any black socks with red pinstripes?

I put one of those on a candy tangerine Strat some years back...

IMG_1451_Sm.JPG

Thanks guys - there’s more work ongoing so should have an update soon!

Back to the matter in hand - how about a wooden pick guard? Same as the fretboard?

Frown said:
https://frownonline.co.uk/virtual-guitar-builder/

Only Strat style at mo, but you can try out various colour options - if visualising it makes it any easier?

Very cool. I like! :icon_thumright:

Back