Favorite tv shows?

I have tried and tried to come up with a TV show I watch with regularity
and I cam up with this long list'
Nothing
I watch some news sometimes.more interested in the weather.
And a few movies, but most of the time if the TV is on it is tuned to a Serius Radio station played through the stereo system of the entertainment system
and that is the rest of the story

I would really rather play my guitar

Velcro said:
The I.T. Crowd, Black Books, Qi, Top Gear, Mock The Week, That Mitchell and Webb Look/Situation, The Office, Extras, An Idiot Abroad, Mork and Mindy, Father Ted, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King Of The Hill, Futurama, American Dad, The Cleveland Show, The Critic, Curb Your Enthusiasm, My Name IS Earl, Modern Family, The Big Bang Theory, Live At The Apollo, Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle, Jeeves and Wooster, A Bit Of Fry And Laurie, Black Adder, Campus, Green Wing, This Is Jinsy, 8 Out Of Ten Cats, The Inbetweeners, Have I Got News For You, Outnumbered, Later..., Horizon, Spaced, Hippies, Lead Balloon, Citizen Smith, Only Fools and Horses, The Tow Ronnies, Porridge, Harry Enfield And Chums, Harry And Paul, The Fast Show; et al.

We have a very similar taste!! especially when it comes to British shows!!
Fast show, IT Crowd, Father Ted, Black Books, Harry Enfield and also the Mighty Boosh are some of the best shows ever made!! I also like most Comedy strip related shows (basically anything with Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson)
Also love sketch shows like mitchell and webb, catherine tate, smack the pony, little britain, etc... a lot of that is no longer on tv here :(  our local pbs station does have some cool English sitcoms on in the weekends now.

US stuff I DVR these days are True Blood (yeah I know it's ridiculous, but I love it), Fringe, Supernatural, Eureka, Warehouse 13, and some more which I will remember later.
Modern Family is pretty good and also love Bored to Death when it comes to Comedy.

I also have only one hour to watch TV a day, so a lot of it gets deleted when the DVR runs out of space :(

it's not that I'm a huge Danny Trejo fan by any means, just that for season 4 of SOA, I think he's great for the cartel character they have him in.
(haha, he's one ugly mofo though! great for drug-cartel type characters!)
Danny Trejo in "Machete"
Danny-Trejo.jpg

I am very much looking forward to a new season of "The Walking Dead".  Unfortunately, I don't catch on to many television shows before they are off the air.  I recently discovered "The Trailer Park Boys" and am hunting up all of the old episodes I can.

Oh man, how could I forget The Walking Dead?!  The show is awesome, and I'm really looking forward to it coming back on.  That said, the comics are better.  It's in my top 3 best currently running comics series.  And actually, we just had the creator Robert Kirkman in the store recently and he signed a bunch of stuff for me.  Very cool dude! 

Count me in for Sons of Anarchy. Great show. Other than that, the only thing I go out of my way to watch is "TheDaily Show" with Jon Stewart. Otherwise, I usually leave the TV on Adult Swim all night except on Saturday when they lose their minds and show all that awful Japanese crap. Then, I hope for a good movie or I'll go hit the Red Box.

Another show I really enjoy is NCIS. Can't get enough of that one, and I think I've seen every episode about 2,142 times. I'm hopelessly in love with Coté de Pablo's character, Ziva David.

anorakDan said:
No shows, per se, but networks. TV bores me, so I spend my tv time on Nat Geo, Science channel, History International, MLB Network and PBS. Evenings it's usually MSNBC and Current TV, then Daily Show and Colbert report. Oh and Avatar: The Last Airbender! Best animated story ever!

Avatar TLAB is great! quality stuffs right there

hannaugh said:
We almost named this little one Ziva.  She's a little spitfire. 

6180182334_c92f73b128.jpg

Hehe! Few things in this world as much fun as a fresh kitten. Ziva would have been a good namesake. Attractive and cuddly, but smart and deadly.

We ended up naming her after Ripley from Alien instead.  Just as badass if not more.  :headbang:

Aliens-Ripley-Hicks.jpg

Oh, very good. You're right; that's both excellent and appropriate. Traditionally, I've picked Greek or Egyptian queens. Sheba, Cleopatra, Nefertiti, Cassiopeia...

Our cats are named for movie characters. Inga, named for Terri Garr's character in Young Frankenstein and Opal Ann, for Sue Ann Langdon's character in Cheyenne Social Club.

Ripley is one cute kitty. How can a face that sweet be badass? Look at that face!

Haha, I love that.  Young Frankenstein is one of my favorite movies ever. 

Yeah, but Ripley... you should hear her growl at the boys when they're playing.  She sounds like a TIGER!  We have Ripley, Brisco, and Mr. Tumnus.  Brisco is much bigger and older than the other two, and the first time he met Ripley, she growled at him so much that he got scared and ran away.  That's why she needed a badass name.  :laughing7:

anorakDan said:
Ripley is one cute kitty. How can a face that sweet be badass? Look at that face!

Put a bird down within 10 feet of her and watch her face. Whole different animal. She'd turn into a hunter/killer in a nanosecond <grin>

anorakDan said:
Opal Ann is that way with little super balls. We've got them all over the house.

One of my last Siamese was nuts for those little pilfer-proof rings that come off milk/juice container tops. She'd bat one of those things around for hours until it was lost under stove/fridge/whatever. I remember when we painted the living room one year, moving the couch revealed probably a hundred of the things.

Top Gear.
Battlestar Galactica - BBC America is rerunning the series.
English Premier League or Major League Soccer on FSC.
Anything LSU Tiger-ish, 'specilly during football season.
And my two boys totally love Shark Week on Discovery/Animal Planet and River Monsters.

hannaugh said:
Ripley actually caught a mouse the other day.  The other cats were very impressed. 
Could that be an episode of Ripley's Believe it or Not?.... :icon_jokercolor:

Back