Favorite tv shows?

I don't have TV.  I live off Netflix's streaming.

The First 48
Lockup
The Legend of the Seeker
National Geographic (planets, big cats, natural disasters, technology)
Top Gear
The Universe

I really miss TV shows like Firefly and the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica.  This new Battlestar Galactica is "suck," at best...

Yeah, I'd really love to see Firefly continued.  It ended abruptly, and that totally sucked.  It was a great show, but I guess it just never caught on.  FWIW, the movie, "Serenity," was the "last hurrah" for Firefly.  It was a great film.

Cagey said:
I go out of my way to watch is "TheDaily Show" with Jon Stewart.

funny, I always pictured you as more of a fox news/glenn beck kind of guy!  :icon_scratch:  :icon_biggrin:

I would expect that of me as well. I certainly don't watch any of the MSM news/talk shows instead; they're so heavily biased it ought to be a crime. But, Fox News is nothing but shallow information-free sound bites, and Mr. Beck is incredibly bombastic and has about as much class as a public nose picker, so I can't watch either of them.

Everyone knows that Joad Cressbeckler is the only news commentary show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsBRfmErTEA

Just watched Episode 1 of "Breaking Bad."  I can see myself committing to the whole series.

Bagman67 said:
Just watched Episode 1 of "Breaking Bad."  I can see myself committing to the whole series.

The next two episodes are awesome, then it slows a bit, then the next season gets awesome again.

Coming late to the thread.  I have 2 recommendations.

Chris Carters "Millennium" is one of my favorites.  I've got all the dvds.  Contained is Lance Henricksens greatest work imho.  Dark and moody with a lot of heart, even if the effects are 90s era Prime time TV caliber.

also, for recent shows.  Flashpoint is hard to beat.This one airs on CTV in Canada, it is a canadian show after all, but of much higher production quality than the CBC variety.  It is very well written, about a SWAT type team and the work they do.  Again. full of heart.

Bagman67 said:
I'm watching it now while my laundry is in. I'm liking it so far.

My favorite shows aren't on TV anymore, and besides that, I live off Netflix.  I refuse to pay $100/mo for cable/satellite when there aren't anything but stupid reality shows on TV.

1. Firefly
2. Battlestar Galactica (original)
3. Prison Break
4. True Blood

There are a few shows I like, but I just can't think of many others right now...

thebutcher85 said:
So what is everyone watching these days? Some of my favorite shows are Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, and Breaking Bad. Oh, and Wilfred. I work nights mostly, so I usually have a lot of time to watch the tube.

Wilfred is great. I would suggest you download the original Australian series. Both of these are far superior to the americanised version.

Looking forward to SOA season 4. They haven't started airing it in Australia yet. Season 3 was good, but they did drag out the IRA plot line, and some of it made no sense.

Enjoying SOA season 4 now. In fact, it's on as I type. Excellent series. As usual, twist after twist after twist. I'd tell you more, but I'd spoil it.

I'm glad the IRA thing is over with. I DVR Sons and me and wife watch them on Wednesday nights. I'm watching Southland on DVR now. I can honestly say SOA was the main driving force behind my decision to reconnect my satellite svc. As an added bonus I now get Sunday ticket on my phone!

pabloman said:
I'm glad the IRA thing is over with. I DVR Sons and me and wife watch them on Wednesday nights. I'm watching Southland on DVR now. I can honestly say SOA was the main driving force behind my decision to reconnect my satellite svc. As an added bonus I now get Sunday ticket on my phone!

Those couple of episodes where the gang went to Belfast really bored me. Nothing exciting happened. :dontknow:

Hannah, I finished up with Season 3 of Breaking Bad. Great finale! Unfortunately, Netflix doesn't have Season 4, so I'm going to have to buy episodes on Amazon. I can't wait to find out what happens next. :blob7:

Max, how far into the show are you?

Marko, did you watch an episode yet?

I'm sorry I didn't follow that show from the beginning as I've never heard anything but good reviews of it. But, it's one of those that if you don't follow it, you're out of luck. You won't enjoy it because there's too much backstory that needs to be there to appreciate what's happening now. SOA and Mad Men are that way, too. If you weren't an early adopter, fuhgeddaboudit. None of it will make sense. They're modern day soap operas, but instead of soap they're selling cars and such.

Cagey said:
I'm sorry I didn't follow that show from the beginning as I've never heard anything but good reviews of it. But, it's one of those that if you don't follow it, you're out of luck. You won't enjoy it because there's too much backstory that needs to be there to appreciate what's happening now. SOA and Mad Men are that way, too. If you weren't an early adopter, fuhgeddaboudit. None of it will make sense. They're modern day soap operas, but instead of soap they're selling cars and such.

You prefer those shows on Adult Swim that only require a 10 minute attention span. :blob7:

Ironically, dammit, I got hooked on that stupid Squidbillies show. :tard:
It's absolutely hilarious.

Back