Fast Cars, got one, post it.

Cagey said:
Heavens to Murgatroyd! Whatta machine!

I've always been a fan of that model - came close to owning one years ago, albeit in stock form. Never saw anything like that, though. Kinda surprised, what with the light ass on them. Between that and all that engine it seems like you'd just burn the tires right off it before it went anywhere.

In stock form the traction is hit or miss, but with a little chassis tuning, or in this case a lot of chassis tuning, they can work very well. My red '72 SS would leave the line with both front wheels about 6 inches in the air on a good 4200 stall converter and the 4:11 posi.

68/69 Are my favourite body shape for the Chevelle/El Camino.  I'm not into the drag thing, but it looks very well put together.
I've a 4.11 in my 'Vette, when we got it it had a 4.56 which is a bit too whiny on the highway for my liking. (It was setup for autocross originally).

It certainly doesn't compete with that Monster of DbU's, but I just picked one of these up. 2007 Jetta GLI. Not the fastest or the most glamorous, but it's really a kick to drive in the hills around here. And the real selling point was that I could get my Legacy 3 head, my 2x12 cab, guitar and cable box all in the trunk.

2d7ug5k.jpg

DBU, pretty freakin impressive.  I don't know anything about performance vehicles, but that ride just plain looks like the devil's chariot.  I obviously mean that in a complimentary way.

I do have a question.  What is that tube like object with the yellow cap that sticks out of the instrument panel behind the steering wheel?  Just curious.

No offense taken by anything said or asked.
That is a shift light mounted to the top of the steering column. You set it to illuminate at your preferred shift point so you don't have to watch the tachometer. Keeps your eyes on the road or track instead of the tachometer.

DangerousR6 said:
Hey Doc, not sure if you watch Top Gear (the Brits), they are running you're beloved GTR in the Outback right now. And it ain't pretty...new season episode 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLx1dmeZs9s

They are herding cows with a BMW, Bently, and a GTR....

I'll have to take a look at this.  Thanks!  Herding cows...lol!  Crazy Brits!  Just sold my GT-R last week.  Not sure what the next ride will be, but for now it's my Ram 1500 R/T.

If you let that video run out, another will follow automatically that tells the tale of some Brits or Australians in the wild kingdom that's just hilarious. It's very long so you may not want to watch the whole thing, but it's fun for a while anyway.

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
Hey Doc, not sure if you watch Top Gear (the Brits), they are running you're beloved GTR in the Outback right now. And it ain't pretty...new season episode 2

I'll have to take a look at this.  Thanks!  Herding cows...lol!  Crazy Brits!  Just sold my GT-R last week.  Not sure what the next ride will be, but for now it's my Ram 1500 R/T.
I'd like to get a new Challenger or a Ram quadcab...

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:

I'd like to get a new Challenger or a Ram quadcab...

Challenger Hellcat!  That one is definitely on the short list!  :headbang1:

Too quiet up in here!

Got some track time in yesterday.

First time out with new engine, new front suspension and out the box Pro-Systems 980cfm carb. I was pleasantly surprised. The suspension worked great, dead solid traction on all passes.

Picked up on a few issues while tweaking it at the track, something weird is going on with my ignition system, seems like it's breaking down at times. Also figured out the carb isn't big enough, kept nosing over at 6700rpm.

3860lbs with me onboard pulled some 1.45-1.49 60ft launches. Best pass was 10.50 @ 127.69mph. All motor, no nitrous.

There is definitely more to be had power wise.

Here's a good vid one of my friends shot for me.
[youtube]41sr2Yj5pyI[/youtube]

Enough of cars you can't drive on the street already  :icon_biggrin: This little car of mine is not a muscle car, but it is quick and very nimble and positive in it's handling; and puts a big smile on my face when I drive it. Little engines and turbos are where it's at!

abarth%20side%20vu.jpg

abarth%20frnt%203-4%20xs.jpg

abarth%20interior%20aft%20sun.jpg

abarth%20logo%20rear%20qtr%20panel.jpg

mrpinter said:
Little engines and turbos are where it's at!

From a practical point of view, sure. I've owned or driven some cars with relatively small engines that just romped and stomped. When you weren't trying to take over the world via gas pedal, they got great mileage as well. Gotta love that. But, there's a difference in 'feel'. I've also owned or driven some cars with hungry monsters under the hood, They're neck-snappers that'll bury you in the seat with very satisfying G-forces. The smaller stuff just has a different acceleration curve. They're both fun. These days, I prefer the smaller stuff with better suspensions. Much more tractable.

Back