Since we're talking about FAST CARS,.....

Death by Uberschall

Master Member
Looking at DocNrock's GT-R made me decide to post my play toy up.
Since Doc knows what makes a GT-R so special, I'm sure he'll appreciate what I'm posting here.

Here it is:

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (AWD)

Best E.T. so far:
66.gif

11.45 @ 125.08 mph 22 psi on 93 pump gas, all 3510 lbs of it.
1.72 60-ft

Driven to the track and back home in full street trim. Car is set-up for 40 psi of boost on C-16 fuel. I need to up size my turbo exhaust housing to releave some excessive back pressure and then it will be a 10 second street car with a/c, all the options and a big, bad ass stereo.

I know you're going to ask  :icon_jokercolor: It's putting down about 535 AWDWHP (all wheel drive horse power to the ground).  :eek:

I'm proud to say I did 90% of the work myself, including assembling, installing and tuning the engine. I did have to out source most of the fab work because I don't weld, etc. But I can wrench on it, tune it, do the electrical mods myself, etc.

Click here ---> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/225656 for the home page for the car. There are a couple of pages showing my oil cooler and fuel system mods.
Also click here --> http://www.mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16155 for my intercooler and exhaust system fabrication.
I'm a long time moderator for MitsuStyle.com
I go by 1ViciousGSX on the site.

Basically it's stock  :icon_jokercolor:

ENGINE:
Magnus Motorsports Stage 4 1G 2.4 L 8.5:1 Long Rod short block (Ross/Pauter)
Magnus Motorsports Stage 3 1G cylinder head (Supertech components, Cometic HP, A1 H-11 studs)
Magnus Motorsports sheet metal intake
Magnus Motorsports 1G/2G install kit
Forced Performance FP4R cams
Fidanza adjustable cam gears
Concept Racing solid lash adjusters (16)
1G external oil cooler/oil filter housing
Setrab 119FP8 fan-pack oil cooler
-8 braided stainless steel lines from housing to cooler and back
Jaz mini breather catch can

FUEL:
Bosch -044 fuel pump (330 lph @ 75 psi)
VPE big bore fuel rail
Earls -8 1-way check valve @ inlet to the fuel rail
FIC 1240cc Ball/Disc injectors
Aeromotive A1000-6 1:1 AFPR
Aeromotive 12301 fuel filter
-8 braided steel line from the screen pick-up to the fuel rail
-6 braided steel line from the fuel rail to the AFPR
-4 braided steel line from the AFPR to the return line
1G throttle body/2G TPS
Fuel pump re-wire w/10 gauge wire

FUEL MANAGEMENT:
DSMLink v2/2.5 client software
MafTranslator v1.36
3.5 inch LS1 maf
AEM UEGO wide-band controller w/add-on a/f gauge

IGNITION:
AEM C2DI
Buschur Racing COP
93-94 Hall Effect CAS

TURBO:
HKS TO4Z turbo
VPE S/S tubular manifold
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial 50mm BOV
GReddy Profec Type-s boost controller
Garrett/PTE 24x12x4 FMIC w/custom tanks & piping
Dejon Tools 4" intake pipe

TRANSMISSION:
TRE race prepped transmission
Speed Design 4-spider center diff
Torrington bearing mod @ center diff
3-4 hub sleeve upgrade
Cryo treatment on all hard parts
B&M short shifter

CLUTCH:
Clutch Masters 2500lb pressure plate
Clutch Masters ceramic 4-puck sprung hub disc
Clutch Masters billet aluminum flywheel w/steel face

COOLING:
Fluidyne radiator
Fal Twin-line fans
160 deg thermostat

EXHAUST:
VPE 3 inch downpipe
Custom 3.5 inch exhaust
Borla XR-1 3.5 muffler
Dynomax 3.5 Bullet resonators (x2)

SUSPENSION/HANDLING:
Eibach Pro-kit 1" springs which have been cut to lower the car a total of 2 inches
KYB AGX 4-way adjustable shocks
Ingalls adjustable camber kits at all four wheels
Front/Back strut tower bars
18x8 Rays Engineering/Volk Racing AV3 wheels
Nitto NT555 225/40ZR18 tires
Metal Master brake pads

EXTERIOR:
HID Xenon headlamps w/ballast & igniters
PIAA Ion fog lamp bulbs
Clear corner lamps w/amber bulbs
Vehicle has been de-badged

INTERIOR:
MOMO shift knob
Red interior lamp bulbs
Super Green neon needle kit installed at instrument cluster gauges
Windows tinted w/Graphite tinting 20% rear - 35% quarter glasses - 50% door glasses

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

vbgarage.php

i've always had a thing for the older mitsubishi eclipse's. beautiful cars! my second favorite import after the mazda rx7.

Very sweet my man.
That's the precursor to the EVO, but of course you know that.
You definitely went all out on that one, great work.

I have a '02 WRX with an '07 EJ257 transplant.  Stock internals though.
Been into turbo's since having an 85 Mustang SVO.
Ironically a Ford Mustang introduced me to 4 banger turbos.

Is the turbo based off of the Garrett T04?
I'm more familiar with the IHI turbos.

I'm a few miles away from Extreme Motorsports.
My buddy and I used to mod his Talon.
It was the previous generation.

Nice!

The old Eclipses are tight!  the news one are UGLY though if you ask me lol.

I to like the rx-7  But my favorite is the Skyline (or GTR or whatever you want to call it.)  :icon_thumright:

Watershed said:
Very sweet my man.

I have a '02 WRX with an '07 EJ257 transplant.  Stock internals though.

Nice!
The turbo is HKS's version of the Garrett T04. It's basically the same as a GT37R. It's a 67mm compressor, T4 p-trim exhaust dual ball bearing turbo.

texicus said:
I still love the late 90s Eclipses, TFATF be damned.  Stereo pix plz?
Not much to see, Sony head, Sony digital eq, Sony amps (2 of them bi-amped, 600 watts to the subs, 400 watts to the interior), all Diamond Audio speakers (Hex series in the dash and front doors, M5 in the rear for surround/fill, and a pair of 10 inch Hex Mac Daddy subs in the hatch). All tweeters are Diamond Audio soft domes.

Glad I saw this, Uberschall.  Sick ride!  Look like great times!  40psi...WOW!  It still looks new.

I had a '90 GS-T, but it was stock.  I always wanted to mod it, but I was a resident at the time, so....no dough.  It is amazing what the stock bottom end on that engine will hold.  Looks like some good blood, sweat, and gears you put into your ride.  You likely need the AWD of the GSX to get all that power to the ground!

FWIW, I'm taking my GT-R into the shop at the end of the month.  It's getting AAM intake piping, Forge actuators, HKS EVC VI, Deatchwerks 800cc injectors, HKS iridium plugs, AAM downpipes, Titek resonated Y-pipe, an HKS Legamax cat-back, and a custom dyno tune.  Should be good for about 550awhp and 565 awtq.

Its also getting AP Racing J-hook rotors, Carbotech XP8 pads, Stillen stainless brake lines, Stillen sway bars, and Willall racing tranny, diff, and engine oil.

Can't wait to get it on the track again in November!

How often do you get to track the car?  Drags only, or do you do road courses, too?

Once again, love that Eclipse.  I like those first and second gen Eclipses much better than the styling of the Evo's.

Here is mine.....it has 300hp---360 ft/lbs of torque and and call pull almost 1G.  On yeah...gets almost 30 mpg too.

I have always been a V8 guy, but this turbo 4 rocks.

The second photo is what I built...and sold to finance it.

Death by Uberschall said:
Watershed said:
Very sweet my man.

I have a '02 WRX with an '07 EJ257 transplant.  Stock internals though.

Nice!
The turbo is HKS's version of the Garrett T04. It's basically the same as a GT37R. It's a 67mm compressor, T4 p-trim exhaust dual ball bearing turbo.

NIce, 40 psi on a 2.4.
You are putting out some CFM's.
AWD is definitely a necessity at that level.

DocNrock said:
Glad I saw this, Uberschall.  Sick ride!  Look like great times!  40psi...WOW!  It still looks new.

I had a '90 GS-T, but it was stock.  I always wanted to mod it, but I was a resident at the time, so....no dough.  It is amazing what the stock bottom end on that engine will hold.  Looks like some good blood, sweat, and gears you put into your ride.  You likely need the AWD of the GSX to get all that power to the ground!

FWIW, I'm taking my GT-R into the shop at the end of the month.  It's getting AAM intake piping, Forge actuators, HKS EVC VI, Deatchwerks 800cc injectors, HKS iridium plugs, AAM downpipes, Titek resonated Y-pipe, an HKS Legamax cat-back, and a custom dyno tune.  Should be good for about 550awhp and 565 awtq.

Its also getting AP Racing J-hook rotors, Carbotech XP8 pads, Stillen stainless brake lines, Stillen sway bars, and Willall racing tranny, diff, and engine oil.

Can't wait to get it on the track again in November!

How often do you get to track the car?  Drags only, or do you do road courses, too?

Once again, love that Eclipse.  I like those first and second gen Eclipses much better than the styling of the Evo's.

It's a STREET/strip car. No road course, I'd have to hurt somebody it they got too close and put a scratch or dent on it!!
Really trips some people out when I do take it to the track. Can't do a burn out with AWD (well I guess I could, but,...), so I have to go around the water box. Immediately people think it's gonna be slow, but then,...............mid 11 sec, 125 mph times pop up on the tower and jaws hit the floor.
It's definitely fun, hard to imagine an all-wheel drive car wanting to loose traction, but it does at times. Hit it in a lower gear and the whole car jumps up with the back wanting to slightly come around.

A couple of really cool things about that DSMLink:
No lift to shift, drops the rpms down as soon as the clutch is pressed for the next gear, adjustable as needed
Launch stutter box, releases full power once the vehicle start to roll out under power, adjustable as needed
Anti-Lag for launch and shifting, adjustable as needed, I have it set to build about 15psi of boost before the launch, no turbo lag here
RPM limit, adjustable as needed
Idle RPM, adjustable as needed
Control of fuel and timing maps
Plus some other cool adjustments that really don't pertain to tuning so much as they do to correcting the set-up

The coolest thing about this car, if you don't know it, it looks like any other stock Eclipse with wheels and exhaust, BUT,................

Watershed said:
NIce, 40 psi on a 2.4.
You are putting out some CFM's.
AWD is definitely a necessity at that level.

Currently hitting about 60-62 lb/min of airflow, turbo is good for 75 lb/min.

For those wondering, a well set-up 4G63/64 engine will produce 10 hp per lb/min of airflow. So you can do the math,............  :icon_thumright:

Death by Uberschall said:
dmraco said:
Here is mine.....it has 300hp---360 ft/lbs of torque and and call pull almost 1G.  On yeah...gets almost 30 mpg too.

I have always been a V8 guy, but this turbo 4 rocks.

The second photo is what I built...and sold to finance it.

See dmraco, this,... umm, is what you should do with that Sky!!

http://www.mallettcars.com/sky-conversion.htm

sky_sema_mtsunset_lg.jpg

solsticeenginefetts.jpg

That is very cool.  I am afraid of the excess weith in the front.  Right now I am at 20 PSI withthe turbo and stock colling and BOV.  I have heard that these can take 450 HP with no issues.  I hit 0-60 in 4.89 the other day...I would like to make it a 4 second car while maintaining the dailer driver aspect of it.

The motorcycle I posted had 140 HP in a 400lb package...talk about FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tard: :tard: :sad1:

Back