Customised La Cabronita Tele with Worm-Holes

Updown said:
Scuffcakes said:
Updown said:
Sorry for all the pic's  :laughing7:
That has to be the silliest thing I've ever heard. 
Who here is gonna complain about too many pics of a build? 
That is a truly awesome project you've got going there.
Doug did one time ..... didn't wanna upset him again.  :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the comments all  :icon_thumright:

rapfohl09 said:
I really liked it pre-worm holes as well! With just the round over and contours.
Yeah I gotta say it looked great just rounded off, comfy too.
Might do that again sometime. Totally changes the look.
I was just giving you some grief, I love to see pics of peoples work, so keep 'em rolling buddy... :icon_thumright:

You need to do some burn marks in some of the holes... :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for all your comments and your interest in this .....  :dontknow:  I'm a little surprised thou.

DangerousR6 said:
I was just giving you some grief,
You need to do some burn marks in some of the holes... :icon_biggrin:
Yep I know  :icon_thumright:
What, from where the Worms have farted  :laughing7:

Was thinking of that earlier on, or a light tint of amber shellac or something.
:dontknow: I'll see how it looks with just the clear 1st up.

StubHead said:
There's GOT to be some special kind of music you use one of those for.
YEP sure is .... 

Led Zep, Houses of the Holy      :icon_biggrin:    :party07:

Just thought i'd add some other pic's, with the same idea, from the wild web.

file_zpsf7300586.jpg

file_zps2623135d.jpg

:icon_scratch:  You'd thing doing that on an Acoustic would affect the actual idea of an Acoustic  :dontknow:

Where what I've done is kind-of like a chambered body. 

Edit ...  stupid me  :doh:  they are the sound holes.

I like your non Warmoth Acoustic Chambering  there Updown. Are the tracks freehand
routering?

leo12. said:
I like your non Warmoth Acoustic Chambering  there Updown.
Are the tracks freehand routering?
That's NOT my acoustic, it's from the wild web.
Just some other pic's to show what i'm going by in doing this build.

It gave me the idea I could do that with the good'ol dremel and a drill Worms.  :icon_biggrin:
Yes ... on my build is free hand routing.

I was refering to the worm infested La Cab "Acoustic Chambering" What neck wood is going
on this  :icon_jokercolor:"WORMMOTH"

I don't know, Murray, the more I look at it the less sense it makes...I think you oughta dump the whole project....RIGHT AT MY ADDRESS!!! :toothy10:

leo12. said:
What neck wood is going on this  :icon_jokercolor:"WORMMOTH"
:laughing7:

That was very clever  :icon_thumright:

As i'm keeping it a clear finished pine body, I was going to get a birdseye / birdseye neck.
With just a mild looking birdseye on it. Nothing flash, finished in a clear satin nitro.
To have that kind-of look that it too had been eaten by something. Was thinking that would match the clear satin pine finish.
But thought it might be to busy looking (now I know how the body is shaping up)
Shock horror  :eek:  … and I was gunna put drill / dremel Worm holes in that headstock.
Ummmd and Ahrrrrrd over that for a while.
Then thought better not to do that to the headstock. (at least on this build)  :laughing7:

Then scrapped that whole idea, after something popped up in the showcase. (which was my 2nd choice anyway)
See what happens when you just wait.
OK ....
So it'll be a Warmoth Pro Birdseye / Ebony, cut to a Warhead shape, No inlays, SS frets (of cause)
Think I ended up making the right choice, but will have to wait for arrival of the neck to see.

Pointless posting a pic of it, until it gets cut for the Warhead shape.

Great Ape said:
...I think you oughta dump the whole project....RIGHT AT MY ADDRESS!!! :toothy10:
I lost it  :icon_biggrin:

Well, we finally part ways. We've had similar tastes all along, and I'd put anything you spec'd out in my collection. But, I'm sorry. I just can't get next to this one. I suspect it goes back to a childhood revulsion with carpenter ants and termites. I look at a nice hunk of wood full of holes, and I just wanna kill something. But, I wish you all the best.

The original real wormy boards came from those guys in Texas making guitars out of anything. I don't know what kind of woodboring worms make holes that size, but I wouldn't want to mess with them.

Cagey said:
Well, we finally part ways.
We've had similar tastes all along, and I'd put anything you spec'd out in my collection.
But, I'm sorry. I just can't get next to this one.
No problem Cagey.  :icon_thumright:

As I stated in my OP .... I'm just trying something different.
I knew many (like yourself) wouldn't LIKE or condone what i've done to a nice slab of a Tele body.
I can only imagine what the people are saying at Warmoth.

Have you seen what Bloody Updown has done to that Tele body    :doh: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221192436468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

At least you had intent, which ought to count for something. That piece of art above looks a lot like something pretty grim happened one night in the finishing room, and Our Man from Jersey, upon coming out of his stupor, said
"WhoA! I sElL it aSs CoW-graYn!"
:hello2: Looks like he got his investment back out of it. And then some... :hello2:

Neck is here  :toothy10:

Warmoth Pro
Standard Thin
10-16'' compound
SS frets 6105
Graph tech white nut
Strat neck, cut to a Warhead.
Birds Eye Maple / Ebony
Clear Satin Nitro
No inlays
Green Grass  :icon_biggrin:

Big  :icon_thumright:  to Warmoth

file_zps0b2fc398.jpg

file_zps6a97e05a.jpg

file_zpsf1ff588b.jpg

file_zps8c8d0b0d.jpg

That's a lovely piece! I'm a huge fan of black Ebony, and of course the solid state frets to go along with the Warhead. Bodies are one thing, but the neck is everything. That's gonna feel/play great, and it'll go a long way toward legitimizing that body <grin>

Back