Custom neckplate

Groovy.

I'd take one if I had a guitar that needed a truss rod cover......Obviously it'd need an 8 for the strat, but the strat doesnt have a truss rod exposed (W-pro side adjuster)

Would you do customs? 
I'd consider a gold one engraved with the word 'Jessie', and a black one with 'Sally'.  I've been wanting to get one for my ES137 and one for my Les Paul since my two dogs (Sally and Jessie, funnily enough) died.  They did'nt die at the same time in some freak accident or anything. 

I'm not being too morbid am I?

jimh said:
Groovy.

I'd take one if I had a guitar that needed a truss rod cover......Obviously it'd need an 8 for the strat, but the strat doesnt have a truss rod exposed (W-pro side adjuster)

Would you do customs? 
I'd consider a gold one engraved with the word 'Jessie', and a black one with 'Sally'.  I've been wanting to get one for my ES137 and one for my Les Paul since my two dogs (Sally and Jessie, funnily enough) died.  They did'nt die at the same time in some freak accident or anything. 

That could be a possibility, are the covers the traditional Gibson bell shape?
Sorry about your dogs....RIP Jessie & Sally... :sad:

FYI guys the symbol in that tattoo is called an "om", as in the noise Hindus make when they meditate.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om has it in several scripts.

DangerousR6 said:
jimh said:
Groovy.

Would you do customs? 

Dude.  Dont be sorry about the dogs.  They were awesome and old when they died.....

Yeah Gibson bell shape....What ya reckon?

jimh said:
DangerousR6 said:
jimh said:
Groovy.

Would you do customs? 

Dude.  Dont be sorry about the dogs.  They were awesome and old when they died.....

Yeah Gibson bell shape....What ya reckon?

I forgot to ask is it the 2 hole or the 3 hole, and so far ain't gound any in gold. Mostly black and pearloid..... :dontknow:

2 hole.

Dont worry about it too much,  I'm just throwing ideas around.  I'm actually tempted to go to a jewellers / goldsmiths, and get some real JenYouWine gold ones made.

Go for a bit of serious actual bling.....

How's tricks with you.  Takin some serious orders for plates?  Good little side business you got going.......

dbw said:
FYI guys the symbol in that tattoo is called an "om", as in the noise Hindus make when they meditate.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Om has it in several scripts.
Web-OMmaple.gif

jimh said:
2 hole.

Dont worry about it too much,  I'm just throwing ideas around.  I'm actually tempted to go to a jewellers / goldsmiths, and get some real JenYouWine gold ones made.

How's tricks with you.  Takin some serious orders for plates?  Good little side business you got going.......
Ahhhhhhhhight, I'll keep an eye out for some. But if I leave the house I'll have to put it back in....

Biz is a little slack at the moment. Got 2 plates to do, one for Johnhamdun's "symbol", and one for DocNrock.. Just sent the jeweled "W" I did the other day to Gregg..
That's about it right now.....

jimh said:
2 hole.

Hey I can put my eye back in now I found some. They aren't the exact shape of the Gibson, but they fit Gibson....
trc-001_120.jpg
:headbang1:

I see you took me up on my idea...I want royalties!!!  jk  :icon_biggrin:

Seriously, I'm kinda diggin that polygonal one.  Can you do letters lengthwise?  Do the holes line up with the truss rod covers Warmoth sends out with their angled necks?

DocNrock said:
I see you took me up on my idea...I want royalties!!!  jk  :icon_biggrin:

Seriously, I'm kinda diggin that polygonal one.  Can you do letters lengthwise?  Do the holes line up with the truss rod covers Warmoth sends out with their angled necks?
Yip, I figured I'd give it a shot. Those aren't real truss rod covers, just some I photochopped.  And I don't have any dimensions of the Warmoth hole pattern. I have the dimensions from my Jackson cover for the trapazoid style, and some dimensions from another cover I got similar to the curved style. If you got an angled Warmoth neck measure the hole pattern and let me know what it is. Then I can compair it to the numbers I got off my covers. I would be almost positive to bet the trapazoid style holes will line up tho....

And sure I can do the lettering lengthwise..... :guitarplayer2:

Yeah, I knew those were photochops.  Here are the distances between the holes, measured with digital calipers:  side hole to side hole 0.652", top hole to each side hole 1.435".

DocNrock said:
Yeah, I knew those were photochops.  Here are the distances between the holes, measured with digital calipers:  side hole to side hole 0.652", top hole to each side hole 1.435".
This is what I got off my Jackson neck....  .900" between centers across bottom holes and 1.4375 from center of bottom holes to center of top hole....
Did you measure between holes from the center of each hole?
2546792692_6d03ecb2f5.jpg

Pretty much.  I just lined them up.  No match visually (should've done that first  :doh:).

All that means is that I'd just wait for a dangerous truss rod cover to arrive before drilling holes.

DocNrock said:
Pretty much.  I just lined them up.  No match visually (should've done that first  :doh:).

All that means is that I'd just wait for a dangerous truss rod cover to arrive before drilling holes.
Did your Warmoth neck come pre-drilled for a truss rod, or was it blank? I have nothing to go by here cause both W neck I have are not angled, I got one Strat-head and one EB-VH head, and they don't need covers.....

Did you get a truss rod cover with your neck, if so can you match it up with a Jackson cover?

See above, I did, and no match at all.  The good news is that the holes for the truss rod cover screws are NOT pre-drilled.  :headbang1:

Brown just brought me a couple of boxes from Warmoth...need to see what they are... :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
See above, I did, and no match at all.  The good news is that the holes for the truss rod cover screws are NOT pre-drilled.  :headbang1:

Brown just brought me a couple of boxes from Warmoth...need to see what they are... :icon_biggrin:
Ohhhhh, must have missed that.......That's cool that holes aren't pre-drilled.....  :icon_thumright:

"What can brown do for you"..... :laughing11:
I tell ya what he can do for me, bring me my damn neck plates......Tell him to come to my house next......damnit... :laughing8:

DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:
Web-OMmaple.gif

I am kind of wish that I wasn't ordering a neck with a double truss rod...

That would really look cool

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:
dbw said:
Web-OMmaple.gif

I am kind of wish that I wasn't ordering a neck with a double truss rod...

That would really look cool
Ypi, you'd have to have an angled headstock for that.....Order a strat neck like DocNrock's. He got an angled strat headstock...... :dontknow:

Back