Custom neckplate

DangerousR6 said:
Ohhhhhhh, Gregg....... It's coming to life....:icon_biggrin:
Its_Alive_logo.jpg

2551965017_6eeae975ed.jpg

Bling........Bling........Bling......I hear a phone ringing.... :icon_biggrin:
2555147426_498cd20358.jpg

That's awesome. Is it gold? Can't tell by the picture.

Would you please also add to the engraving:  "Dedicated to the memory of all the junky guitars I was forced to play when I was young and broke and struggling for rock stardom that seem to elude me at every turn."

I think that will fit around the perimeter.  :icon_thumright:

Gregg said:
That's awesome. Is it gold? Can't tell by the picture.

Would you please also add to the engraving:  "Dedicated to the memory of all the junky guitars I was forced to play when I was young and broke and struggling for rock stardom that seem to elude me at every turn."

I think that will fit around the perimeter.  :icon_thumright:
Yes it's gold, thru and thru. It's made from a material that we use for making wear plates and gibs..It's copper with some other alloy's to make it super hard....

"I think that will fit around the perimeter. " ya, riiiiiiiiiiiiight........ :laughing11:

I thought you said earlier it was a symbol for the chant "ummm." Or was that a  wink wink, nudge nudge?

DocNrock said:
I thought you said earlier it was a symbol for the chant "ummm." Or was that a  wink wink, nudge nudge?
Nope wasn't me who said that, but now that you mention it I remember now..... :toothy12:

DangerousR6 said:
Mr. Duncan...Mr. John Duncan, plate for one........Your order is ready..... :laughing7:
2561743827_d5eca9ca22.jpg

Doug, that looks incredible. Thanks so much. Send me the paypal bill as soon as possible.

Thanks again man,
John Duncan

(By the way, it is the "ohm" symbol and is one incarnation of a crown chakra. It is the tattoo she has...)

Ohhhhh Mr Dangeroussssss,   

I hope you have seen the thread I started about my boy and I  rebuilding his crap guitar and making it into something to be proud of, and well, what would make a kid more proud than a custom Danger Plate?  His initials are EGL, and as kids are want to do, he has made the association with eagles, sooooo...... I'm wondering if this would be possible on a black plate.   I chose a very simple design because I understand the limitations of the media.  I really dig the plates where you can see the machining grooves, or whatever, like the Ohm plate just discussed.  Anyway, reply here and make your monster thread even longer, or PM me, we can hopefully work something out, and just let me know if I should look for a different image.  Oh yeah, we can omit the word "sample" from the image.... :laughing8:

guitlouie said:
Ohhhhh Mr Dangeroussssss, 

I hope you have seen the thread I started about my boy and I  rebuilding his crap guitar and making it into something to be proud of, and well, what would make a kid more proud than a custom Danger Plate?  His initials are EGL, and as kids are want to do, he has made the association with eagles, sooooo...... I'm wondering if this would be possible on a black plate.  I chose a very simple design because I understand the limitations of the media.  I really dig the plates where you can see the machining grooves, or whatever, like the Ohm plate just discussed.  Anyway, reply here and make your monster thread even longer, or PM me, we can hopefully work something out, and just let me know if I should look for a different image.  Oh yeah, we can omit the word "sample" from the image.... :laughing8:
Looks simple enough, would the ealge in question be milled around such as the "ohm" plate per se, or the eagle milled into the plate..... :dontknow:

Lets make this monster thread even bigger...... :laughing7:

I was thinking the eagle would remain the raised, black part with the milled out part surrounding it, if that makes sense. 

guitlouie said:
I was thinking the eagle would remain the raised, black part with the milled out part surrounding it, if that makes sense. 
Yep I gotcha, my only other question would be to the orientation i.e. Horizontal or vertical, because that would dictate the size of the eagle. Plate is only 2" wide and 1/4" of that is going to be the border (1/8" per side)...Usually there's plenty of room for me to fit it horizontally, I'll just have to play with it and see.....Oh, and I'm on vacation right now, won't be back to work until around the 18th or so...But I can still work on the design...

Vaca...wait, what is that word?  Sorry, It's been around five years since I've had a proper one of those....Anyway, orientation doesn't matter that much to me, if it fits better one way go with that,  I trust ya, man.  And take your time, we have got a lot of work to do before we will be needing it, and I did not mention it to him, it will be a cool surprise.  Alright, enjoy your time off!

guitlouie said:
Vaca...wait, what is that word?  Sorry, It's been around five years since I've had a proper one of those....Anyway, orientation doesn't matter that much to me, if it fits better one way go with that,  I trust ya, man.  And take your time, we have got a lot of work to do before we will be needing it, and I did not mention it to him, it will be a cool surprise.  Alright, enjoy your time off!
Ya, I understand. I haven't had a proper one since we went to Hawaii in '02. I wanna go back soooooo bad, but alas I'm stuck here. Actually we're goin to a biker rally in Austin this coming weekend. But it's still as you say, not a prpoer vaca......what? :icon_scratch:

Brent, John and Gregg.......Ya'll got some packages headed your way....... :party07:

Let's see those picswhen they're mounted..... :toothy11:

:headbang1:

DangerousR6 said:
Brent, John and Gregg.......Ya'll got some packages headed your way....... :party07:

Let's see those picswhen they're mounted..... :toothy11:

:headbang1:

sounds awesome man. Can't wait

Back