Custom neckplate

Johnhamdun said:
Hey Dangerous, first of all: This all looks incredible (especially Jimh's).

Second, A local Atlanta artist is painting my strat and I was wondering if you could convert the tattoo from the back of her neck into a neckplate. I have a great deal of faith after seeing that 8Ball and your initial flames. I know that the sharp edges will tear up a polishing cloth, but I think I would still like to keep them pointy. Do you foresee any problems with it (other than the sharp edges)? If this is too detailed for your normal work, I would very willingly pay more (but I would love to just pay 50!  :icon_biggrin:). I can talk over e-mail if it would be helpful.

Thanks Man

Straight-On:
http://At an Angle:
[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/thetapikes/2534032897/

I'd love to check it out, but your link didn't work. Try it again......

Johnhamdun said:
Hey Dangerous, first of all: This all looks incredible (especially Jimh's).

Second, A local Atlanta artist is painting my strat and I was wondering if you could convert the tattoo from the back of her neck into a neckplate. I have a great deal of faith after seeing that 8Ball and your initial flames. I know that the sharp edges will tear up a polishing cloth, but I think I would still like to keep them pointy. Do you foresee any problems with it (other than the sharp edges)? If this is too detailed for your normal work, I would very willingly pay more (but I would love to just pay 50!  :icon_biggrin:). I can talk over e-mail if it would be helpful.

Thanks Man

Straight-On:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thetapikes/2534848138/
2534848138_0f6c50e953.jpg

At an Angle:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thetapikes/2534032897/
2534032897_6fa99be5e6.jpg

You want it just like that?  The 3 with the little curly off to the side and the half moon at the top????

DangerousR6 said:
You want it just like that?  The 3 with the little curly off to the side and the half moon at the top????

Yeah, and then a little diamond above the half moon. The "Chakra" is traditionally interpreted by each individual (apparently). So, I would really like it as accurate to hers as possible, but at the same time if it isn't exact it would be ok. Let me know what you think about how difficult it would be and how much extra you would charge (if you decided extra charges were necessary).

Also, I know that the picture of Jim's 8 Ball appears white in certain areas because of the flash (or something) but is there a way to have a chrome neck plate with the recessed area white?

Thanks Again Man

For the record, I am planning on doing this for a few more people around town once this one is 100%. She really got excited about having her "signature" on the guitar be a different tattoo of hers each time.

I need to talk to her about whether or not she wants her name at the bottom (where youve put the s/ns up until now. Would that add complication, or would that part be fairly simple?

Again, thanks so much

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:

Yeah, and then a little diamond above the half moon. The "Chakra" is traditionally interpreted by each individual (apparently). So, I would really like it as accurate to hers as possible, but at the same time if it isn't exact it would be ok. Let me know what you think about how difficult it would be and how much extra you would charge (if you decided extra charges were necessary).

Also, I know that the picture of Jim's 8 Ball appears white in certain areas because of the flash (or something) but is there a way to have a chrome neck plate with the recessed area white?

Thanks Again Man

OK, I'm working on it....I'll try and get it as close as I can, also did you want it oriented at and angle as in the first pic. Or sqare to the plate edges....

And as to jim's plate the "white" area that you see has actually been sandblasted. And I guess the lighting when i took the pic made it appear white.... Once I cut it out you could probably find some type of epoxy that dries clear and mix some white dye with it, then fill in the recessed area. But that would be up to you, I can possibly sandblast it as I did jim's and some others, but that depends on how detailed it comes out..

Doug

If it's any help...... :binkybaby:

The 'white' area is a very light grey in 'real life'.  It looks pretty white, if you ask me.  I'd leave it unless you want it to be like olympic white or arctic white or something very vibrant.

Have to say, Doug's stuff is very good.

The sandblasting option sounds great if possible (but leaving the markings like on your 'Chevy Flame' design would look awesome too) and I would love it straight on (again, if possible).

Jimh: I think yours is my favorite but I think you're right about this stuff coming out extremely well, no matter what the design is.

Thanks Again Doug. 

Johnhamdun said:
For the record, I am planning on doing this for a few more people around town once this one is 100%. She really got excited about having her "signature" on the guitar be a different tattoo of hers each time.

I need to talk to her about whether or not she wants her name at the bottom (where youve put the s/ns up until now. Would that add complication, or would that part be fairly simple?

Again, thanks so much

With machining the recess around the sybol it would be a bit to much to add her name..Not really sure how much space it is going to require yet just to do the symbols. And the only other way to add her name would be to engrave it in the recessed area, but I don't think that would look good at all...

jimh said:
If it's any help...... :binkybaby:

The 'white' area is a very light grey in 'real life'.  It looks pretty white, if you ask me.  I'd leave it unless you want it to be like olympic white or arctic white or something very vibrant.

Have to say, Doug's stuff is very good.

Thank you Jim, you're a scholar and a gentalman.......

DangerousR6 said:
With machining the recess around the sybol it would be a bit to much to add her name..Not really sure how much space it is going to require yet just to do the symbols. And the only other way to add her name would be to engrave it in the recessed area, but I don't think that would look good at all...

Then don't worry about it, I think you're right that having the recessed area engraved would look bad. If she wants her name on it she can always paint it into the design. Thanks Doug

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:

Then don't worry about it, I think you're right that having the recessed area engraved would look bad. If she wants her name on it she can always paint it into the design. Thanks Doug
No problem man, I got it done. I'm uploading a pic now I'll post it in a min when it's uploaded...

DangerousR6 said:
here ya go Johnamdun.....Is this what you want.....
2534652335_5d5a6877cd.jpg

Wow! Doug, you have an AWESOME turnaround time! haha

Carrie has asked for a small tweak. She asked for the "squiggle" on the right side (I don't remember the technical term) have a pointier tip, while maintaining the curve on the lower edge. I noted on a zoomed picture of her tattoo what Im talking about. Also, she would like the tip to point directly left, and that the entire "squiggle" be lowered so that the tip points towards the nook of the "3".

Sorry about the lengthy criticisms, It looks awesome.

2534781931_250bc6c935_o.jpg

Thanks Again Doug!

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:
here ya go Johnamdun.....Is this what you want.....
2534652335_5d5a6877cd.jpg

Wow! Doug, you have an AWESOME turnaround time! haha

Carrie has asked for a small tweak. She asked for the "squiggle" on the right side (I don't remember the technical term) have a pointier tip, while maintaining the curve on the lower edge. I noted on a zoomed picture of her tattoo what Im talking about. Also, she would like the tip to point directly left, and that the entire "squiggle" be lowered so that the tip points towards the nook of the "3".

Sorry about the lengthy criticisms, It looks awesome.

2534781931_250bc6c935_o.jpg

Thanks Again Doug!

No problem man, I can fix that...... :icon_thumright:

Ok John, got a revised version coming up....I changed all that you pointed out  see if I got it right...Gimme just a min... :toothy10:

DangerousR6 said:
How's this?
2535663200_131baa28b5.jpg

That looks awesome Doug. Thanks again for doing this. I talked to Carrie about it and she asked if we could have it identical to your original "Chevy flame" custom. In other words, she has asked if you can do it with a black neck plate and not sandblast it (as opposed to the chrome w/ sandblast that I initially specified).

Everything looks great though. Send me the paypal bill whenever you'd like and I'd be happy to send you the payment. My e-mail is Dunjh@rhodes.edu

Thanks Man

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:
How's this?
2535663200_131baa28b5.jpg

That looks awesome Doug. Thanks again for doing this. I talked to Carrie about it and she asked if we could have it identical to your original "Chevy flame" custom. In other words, she has asked if you can do it with a black neck plate and not sandblast it (as opposed to the chrome w/ sandblast that I initially specified).

Everything looks great though. Send me the paypal bill whenever you'd like and I'd be happy to send you the payment. My e-mail is Dunjh@rhodes.edu

Thanks Man

Sure can, but I haven't got any black plates right noe. I got some on order, should be here sometime next week i hope...Igot plenty of chrome ones right now tho.... :dontknow:

Back