Custom neckplate

DangerousR6

Mythical Status
Check it out, I've been toiling with some designs to do a custom neckplate for my first Warmoth build/13th guitar in my collection. And I finally made it. I just basically used a plain black neckplate and imported my design to my cad/cam program and machined out the design. I was gonna smooth out the machine marks and sandblast it,but I think it looks kinda coo the way it is.... :headbang1:
2356459173_5e8abdce3d.jpg

If you have any questions about a neck plate please refer to this thread....http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=12426.new#new

Doug

What an AWESOME idea!  :headbang:

Definitely a money-maker for you... if you wanted it to be... (insert peer pressure here, folks!)

I can see builders, especially those with several W builds, designing a logo for themselves and numbering each build...

I'm cad/cam illiterate, but pretty good with CorelDraw, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. - how did you "import" it into your cad/cam program? Format? Design program?

That looks amazing - be sure to let us know if you're taking orders!

Honestly, that design isn't really my cup o' tea, but I think it's awesome that you're able to do that to your neck plates.  All I could do was take mine to a little engraver shop.  All I did was get a name engraved on the plate, and they did a good job, but their options are extremely limited.

DiMitriR33 said:
you do it your self?

i thought i was the only machinist around here, that thing is cool. :headbang1:
I guess your not anymore......lol :icon_biggrin:

Xplorervoodoo said:
Honestly, that design isn't really my cup o' tea, but I think it's awesome that you're able to do that to your neck plates.  All I could do was take mine to a little engraver shop.  All I did was get a name engraved on the plate, and they did a good job, but their options are extremely limited.
I can make just about anything you can think of.......

And thanks guys, I need to buy some blank plates in bulk so I could do more........ :glasses9:

Dude I would pay you for a custom plate like that, as I'm sure many of us would...

milkbone said:
What an AWESOME idea!  :headbang:

Definitely a money-maker for you... if you wanted it to be... (insert peer pressure here, folks!)

I can see builders, especially those with several W builds, designing a logo for themselves and numbering each build...

I'm cad/cam illiterate, but pretty good with CorelDraw, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. - how did you "import" it into your cad/cam program? Format? Design program?

That looks amazing - be sure to let us know if you're taking orders!
I got the flames from a chevy logo, in PhotoImpact I copied the portion I wanted then expoted it to Flash 5. From there I did a Trace bitmap, copied and saved as a AuroCad .DXF file.
Then with SurfCam I opend up my DXF file and appended it to the drawing I allready had of the neckplate. Then from there it's just a matter of generating an NC tool path.

I'd take one, of an 8-Ball.....

I'm serious too.....howm much would you charge to make, and then ship to the UK?

and TonyFS....(if your'e out there).....How much would you charge for one of your beaded straps?????

Jim

That is totally cool!  The background on that one there is sweet. I think you would have a pretty big pool of customers right here should you decide to sell those things.  I'd sure consider sending you a design, should the price be right!!!

jimh said:
I'd take one, of an 8-Ball.....

I'm serious too.....howm much would you charge to make, and then ship to the UK?

and TonyFS....(if your'e out there).....How much would you charge for one of your beaded straps?????

Jim
email me and we can figure something out if you really want one...
crash92@argontech.net

guitlouie said:
That is totally cool!  The background on that one there is sweet. I think you would have a pretty big pool of customers right here should you decide to sell those things.  I'd sure consider sending you a design, should the price be right!!!
Yea, I could do some, if people were interested. I'm not sure what everybodies "right price" is. But as a general price range from what I've seen $30-$50 depending on the design plus the cost of the plate, unless you have your own plate. I don't know what do ya'll think? :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Yea, I could do some, if people were interested. I'm not sure what everybodies "right price" is. But as a general price range from what I've seen $30-$50 depending on the design plus the cost of the plate, unless you have your own plate. I don't know what do ya'll think? :dontknow:

Definately IN here!

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Neck_Mounting_Plates.html

I wonder if any other place sells them cheaper in bulk?

RLW said:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Neck_Mounting_Plates.html

I wonder if any other place sells them cheaper in bulk?
That that I've seen so far, StewMac is actually the most exspensive, even for bulk prices. The W pretty much has the best single item price that I've seen.

Back