Custom neckplate

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:
Brent, John and Gregg.......Ya'll got some packages headed your way....... :party07:

Let's see those picswhen they're mounted..... :toothy11:

:headbang1:

sounds awesome man. Can't wait
Should get 'em by tomorrow.....USPS says 3-5 days, but usually Doc gets his in 4....

DangerousR6 said:
Should get 'em by tomorrow.....USPS says 3-5 days, but usually Doc gets his in 4....

Carrie (the artist) is already pretty excited about it. She's going to flip when it comes in!

Thanks Doug,
John

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:

Carrie (the artist) is already pretty excited about it. She's going to flip when it comes in!

Thanks Doug,
John
You're certainly welcome John... :eek:ccasion14:

Doesn't sound outrageous to me for a completely custom design...

I have a stupid question - on the "gold plates", can you engrave/do custom work and still have it gold?  Are these really like brass and colored throughout or are they just plated with something?  Or are they solid gold? :LOL:

I have a gold plate and want to generally keep it that way, but wouldn't mind a custom mark of some sort.

Cheers.

jmasin said:
Doesn't sound outrageous to me for a completely custom design...

I have a stupid question - on the "gold plates", can you engrave/do custom work and still have it gold?  Are these really like brass and colored throughout or are they just plated with something?  Or are they solid gold? :LOL:

I have a gold plate and want to generally keep it that way, but wouldn't mind a custom mark of some sort.

Cheers.
Sorry jmasin but the gold plates are just gold plated steel. So when you cut into them past the gold plating is silvery steel color underneath...Generally an outline of somethingis the best way to do something and not exspose alot of the underlying color.... :toothy10:

W Plate
DSCN2663.jpg

DSCN2659.jpg

Got mine in the mail today! I'm going to have to get the guitar back from Carrie for a minute or two tomorrow to mount it for a picture (I'll obviously throw up some photos once its complete but that'll be another month and a half or so (sadly).

Doug, it looks infinitely better in person.

Thanks a lot,
John

Johnhamdun said:
Got mine in the mail today! I'm going to have to get the guitar back from Carrie for a minute or two tomorrow to mount it for a picture (I'll obviously throw up some photos once its complete but that'll be another month and a half or so (sadly).

Thanks a lot,
John
Sweet John, I stoked that you like it...Can't wait to see it mounted..... :icon_thumright:

I like it. It goes along with the vibe of that build. No one (the audience) ever really sees it but I know it's there and is a cool detail.

Gregg said:
I like it. It goes along with the vibe of that build. No one (the audience) ever really sees it but I know it's there and is a cool detail.
Play behind your head like Stevie, or with your teeth like Jimi, then they'll see it.......... :icon_thumright:

Johnhamdun said:

Thanks a lot,
John
Joooooooooooooooooooooohn, where's the pix man...Just tell her it'll only take a min, now let go of my axe..... :toothy11:

Ain't letting it get away that easy....Gotta keep it going......c'mon peeps

Joooooooooooooooooohn, where's that pic at son.....I got'sta see it...... :icon_biggrin:

face it dude, your thread has flat lined. its the most commented on thread on this forum (although half the comments where yours) so I gotta hand it to ya, but let it die.

Since he was one of the benfactors, just ask Gregg to sticky it!  That way all new people will know this is available.

Sir SchmoopY said:
face it dude, your thread has flat lined. its the most commented on thread on this forum (although half the comments where yours) so I gotta hand it to ya, but let it die.
Never.........biooooooooooootch..... :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
Since he was one of the benfactors, just ask Gregg to sticky it!  That way all new people will know this is available.
Very good idea Doc....... :icon_thumright:

Hey Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegg, can you sticky my thread.... :toothy10:

DangerousR6 said:
Sir SchmoopY said:

your mother......

Sir SchmoopY said:
DangerousR6 said:
Sir SchmoopY said:

your mother......

You reliving you old vanilla ice dayz....."word to ya motha"......
crackup.gif

I bet you still got the old vanilla hair do!...
dancingnaughty.gif

Yeah I cant really see this dyeing anytime soon, b/c I am going to post pictures tonight and then I'm going to be getting one of these plates every time I build a new guitar...

Maybe It'll go into hibernation every once in a while

Back