Custom neckplate

Doug you need to do this for a living. As soon as my artist gets a version of my "design" done Imma be ordering from you - good stuff!

Johnhamdun said:
Doug,

She has gone home so I will ask her in the morning when she comes back over.

Thanks,
John
Ok, If you decide on chrome let me know by tonight and I can have it done by this weekend. Otherwise if you want black it'll be a while...

juliancs said:
Doug you need to do this for a living. As soon as my artist gets a version of my "design" done Imma be ordering from you - good stuff!

Thank you, wish I could do it for a living......

If you don't do it for a living, at least diversify into custom truss rod covers.    :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Ok, If you decide on chrome let me know by tonight and I can have it done by this weekend. Otherwise if you want black it'll be a while...

She really wants it in black so I guess I will just wait. Let me know when you think you will have the black ones in stock.

Thanks Doug

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:

She really wants it in black so I guess I will just wait. Let me know when you think you will have the black ones in stock.

Thanks Doug
Ok man no problem, should be in next week, just got notice from UPS... :hello2:

Hey Gregg............ :eek:
2540323870_77b8037035.jpg

It's kinda hard to get the full effect captured on camera, but you get the idea...... :toothy12:

DangerousR6 said:

It's kinda hard to get the full effect captured on camera, but you get the idea...... :toothy12:
Looks like that plate is gold colored all the way through. P.M. with a price. Thanks.

Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:

Looks like that plate is gold colored all the way through. P.M. with a price. Thanks.
Nope it's a chrome plate. Lighting made it look gold....But since you have gold hardware I didn't think you'd really be interested.... :dontknow:

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:

Thanks Doug

Hey Doug, when you do something like what I was originally talking about (the symbol at a normal level in chrome with the other area recessed and sandblasted) is there enough contrast to really see the symbol? Was Jimh's done on a Chrome plate or a black plate? It looks like it is on black but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

Hey John.

Mine was a black plate, which exposed the steel/chrome whatever underneath when engraved.

Looks good. 
Not wishing to tell you how to do it but, black is probably the way to go for your design.  That way you'd get the contrast for your symbol.

Johnhamdun said:
Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:

Thanks Doug

Hey Doug, when you do something like what I was originally talking about (the symbol at a normal level in chrome with the other area recessed and sandblasted) is there enough contrast to really see the symbol? Was Jimh's done on a Chrome plate or a black plate? It looks like it is on black but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

Yep, you would be able to see it no problem. But black does project the most contrast, obviously.....
Here's a Warmoth W I did, it's opposite of what you're wanting but it's the same effect basically.....
2393769415_2cb7f9807f.jpg

Got some ideas for some truss rod covers......What ya'll think???? :dontknow:
2545728098_f8b6c6a53a.jpg

2545728100_5940607ef2.jpg

The backgrounds are just for contrast....

Back