Custom neckplate

Sir SchmoopY said:
have you ever been to Greenland? its not very green.

If I remember my history lessons correctly, the vikings who first landed on Greenland managed to find possibly the one spot on the whole subcontinent that actually was green. They came from Iceland I think, which was a whole lot colder and icier than Norway but much greener than Greenland.

(Norwegian and Danish norse went west and south, Swedish norse went east and south, reaching Constantinople and founding Russia on the way)

I love trivia! Now back to the scheduled programming...

kboman said:
Sir SchmoopY said:
have you ever been to Greenland? its not very green.

If I remember my history lessons correctly, the vikings who first landed on Greenland managed to find possibly the one spot on the whole subcontinent that actually was green. They came from Iceland I think, which was a whole lot colder and icier than Norway but much greener than Greenland.

(Norwegian and Danish norse went west and south, Swedish norse went east and south, reaching Constantinople and founding Russia on the way)

I love trivia! Now back to the scheduled programming...

For an added 2000 points, and the win, name the Norwiegian king who forced Leif Erickson to convert the vikings to christians in order to obtain lumber for ships and wheat for bread from Norway.

oh yeah, and sorry for hi-jacking the thread, but if this thread goes any slower than 55 miles an hour, we're all dead!

NonsenseTele, are you trying to say you don't like the bones?
Cause that's part of the theme....."skull and crossbones"....

Sir Schmoopy,  "write me up for 125, post my face wnted dead or alive. Take my licsense and all that jive, cause I can't drive 55..."

oo! I know that one!

i cant drive 55, sammy hagar!

hows about:
"You're sailing softly through the sun
  In a broken stone age dawn.
  You fly so high.

I get a strange magic,"

Kataar said:
oo! I know that one!

i cant drive 55, sammy hagar!

hows about:
"You're sailing softly through the sun
  In a broken stone age dawn.
  You fly so high.

I get a strange magic,"

ELO.... :headbang1:

Did some work on the two Titanium plates I made..Polshed one and jeweld the other....
2525649459_b505f6613f.jpg

2525648985_5240e8a04d.jpg

:eek:

I think this thread belongs in the Guinness book for "world's longest discussion board thread about guitar neckplates". Keep it dude!

tfarny said:
I think this thread belongs in the Guinness book for "world's longest discussion board thread about guitar neckplates". Keep it dude!

:headbang1:..... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Did some work on the two Titanium plates I made..Polshed one and jeweld the other....

Hey, that jeweled one matches my pickups on my Bengal LP!  :eek:

Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:

Hey, that jeweled one matches my pickups on my Bengal LP!  :eek:
I'll make a trade with ya........ :laughing7:

I'll even put a "W" on it for ya Gregg......  :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:

No... The lower "metal" part... if it was lowered only in the skull would look better, to me at least

NonsenseTele said:
DangerousR6 said:

No... The lower "metal" part... if it was lowered only in the skull would look better, to me at least

Oh I see, you mean if I had cut out the area of the skull and crossbones. Instead of the area around it...Ya that might look pretty cool too.... :icon_thumright:

NonsenseTele said:
DangerousR6 said:

+1

NonsenseTele said:
DangerousR6 said:

May have to try one like that, but I like this one...Plus if it were cut out negative, it wouldn't have the same 3 dimentional effect... :dontknow:

Usually people with the "dark side" guitars like it quite simple... :icon_biggrin:

It's very strange, by example, see the guy from Anthrax playing with a PRS 10 top...

NonsenseTele said:
Usually people with the "dark side" guitars like it quite simple... :icon_biggrin:

It's very strange, by example, see the guy from Anthrax playing with a PRS 10 top...

It's more like simple minded people like it simple......

Hey Dangerous, first of all: This all looks incredible (especially Jimh's).

Second, A local Atlanta artist is painting my strat and I was wondering if you could convert the tattoo from the back of her neck into a neckplate. I have a great deal of faith after seeing that 8Ball and your initial flames. I know that the sharp edges will tear up a polishing cloth, but I think I would still like to keep them pointy. Do you foresee any problems with it (other than the sharp edges)? If this is too detailed for your normal work, I would very willingly pay more (but I would love to just pay 50!  :icon_biggrin:). I can talk over e-mail if it would be helpful.

Thanks Man

Straight-On:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thetapikes/2534848138/
2534848138_0f6c50e953.jpg

At an Angle:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thetapikes/2534032897/
2534032897_6fa99be5e6.jpg

Back