Custom neckplate

what do people do to stop the machined out bits from rusting? mines starting to look a bit ugly, should clean up with scotch brite, but does anyone have any suggestions to stop it from happening again, I don't think it will re-chrome very well and i like the matte finnish on the machined bits.

chubs said:
what do people do to stop the machined out bits from rusting?
mines starting to look a bit ugly,
but
does anyone have any suggestions to stop it from happening again

I find they just polish up with a dry cloth, just seems like a surface issue.

OR

You could do this  :icon_biggrin:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=18998.msg283532#msg283532
Which is what I'm doing to others I have .......

chubs said:
what do people do to stop the machined out bits from rusting? mines starting to look a bit ugly, should clean up with scotch brite, but does anyone have any suggestions to stop it from happening again, I don't think it will re-chrome very well and i like the matte finnish on the machined bits.
Once you clean it up, you can paint it as Murray did. Or you can cover it with some clear fingernail polish, or any other kind of clear coat.

Is this one shinny...you bet your "Ash" it is... :icon_biggrin:
photobucket-7715-1336958329753.jpg

DangerousR6 said:

Doug, outstanding work! This plate is going to look great on my Swamp Ash tele; and swapping neck plate gives me a good opportunity to swap necks as well.

thewrathchilde said:
DangerousR6 said:

Doug, outstanding work! This plate is going to look great on my Swamp Ash tele; and swapping neck plate gives me a good opportunity to swap necks as well.
:icon_thumright:

I hope to see it in person soon :icon_biggrin:....maybe it'll be my lucky week :cool01:
Any luck on the trc?

Freakoftheweek75 said:
DangerousR6 said:

OK - I'm ready to pull the trigger now that Kuro is close to done with my paintjob.
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=19660.0

I just need to get you the logo and figure out a way to position it under the flames and I'd like almost exactly what you've got there, but with the flames coming down from the top as in the pictures in my paint thread.
:headbang1:
Not a problem, you can email it to me or in a PM... :headbang:

Should have completed pics of her posted this weekend!!  :guitarplayer2:
Thanks Again Doug!!  :eek:ccasion14:

Back