Current Warmoth lead times?

Ozopart said:
Ordered a body with paint in early November, still waiting and getting increasingly frustrated with waiting but no status updates. This will be the last order I place with Warmoth. Paying 100% up front and waiting close to 4 months with no updates is very frustrating. If I had it to do over again I would have ordered a finished, off the shelf guitar and changed things over time.

I would be starting to get frustrated, too. That’s well beyond the “regular wait +4 weeks” they note. I know everything is crazy right now, but a little communication goes a long ways.

world vs venkman said:
Ozopart said:
Ordered a body with paint in early November, still waiting and getting increasingly frustrated with waiting but no status updates. This will be the last order I place with Warmoth. Paying 100% up front and waiting close to 4 months with no updates is very frustrating. If I had it to do over again I would have ordered a finished, off the shelf guitar and changed things over time.

I would be starting to get frustrated, too. That’s well beyond the “regular wait +4 weeks” they note. I know everything is crazy right now, but a little communication goes a long ways.
I am beginning to wonder if even Warmoth knows where my order is in the production process.

Ozopart said:
world vs venkman said:
Ozopart said:

I am beginning to wonder if even Warmoth knows where my order is in the production process.

Have you emailed or called/have they responded? I found they were quick to reply when I felt there was an issue with the neck I received.

world vs venkman said:
Ozopart said:
world vs venkman said:
Ozopart said:

Have you emailed or called/have they responded? I found they were quick to reply when I felt there was an issue with the neck I received.
Definitely, I called and emailed more than once. At least 7 weeks ago they said "it is in paint". Then several weeks later they said that it was moving along but they couldn't say where it was in the process. They are definitely nice and do answer phone and email, but they just don't seem to want to provide specific details as to where it is in the process, and when it is scheduled for completion. I am beginning to wonder if they had a problem and it has require rework and is pushed back in the queue.

Ozopart said:
world vs venkman said:
Ozopart said:
world vs venkman said:
Ozopart said:

Definitely, I called and emailed more than once. At least 7 weeks ago they said "it is in paint". Then several weeks later they said that it was moving along but they couldn't say where it was in the process. They are definitely nice and do answer phone and email, but they just don't seem to want to provide specific details as to where it is in the process, and when it is scheduled for completion. I am beginning to wonder if they had a problem and it has require rework and is pushed back in the queue.

That’s a bummer! I’m sorry. Hopefully you get it soon. It seems like 7 weeks would be plenty of time for paint.

For those who are wondering about lead times and status updates.

Lead times can be viewed at the link below.

https://warmoth.com/faq#howlong

For example:

Custom Body or Neck with paint/finish - 8-10 weeks

Currently the notice when going to the website shows.

For the time being, please also expect:

Orders will take 2-4 weeks longer than published lead times.

Taking the maximum of the two for custom bodies with paint that is a 14 week lead time.  So if someone had ordered early to mid November  then that would be about 14 weeks ago (not taking any time for Christmas into account). If the extra time was a little longer back in November which I think it may have been then perhaps those who ordered then should be expecting something in the next week or two.

On status updates: this is a thing that Warmoth does not do in normal times and it may have been mentioned before in this thread. What you will get is a notification of shipping with a tracking number when your order has shipped.

I'm currently on week 7 (week 8 begins Friday) on two separate orders placed at the same time: an unfinished neck and a finished Strat body. Hoping the neck is about ready to ship out, but there's a lot of custom options on it, so I can see it taking a bit. The body is pretty vanilla with the exception of a non-recessed Floyd rout and a battery box rout, so hopefully the paint is curing as we speak. Can't wait!

Jake211292 said:
I'm currently on week 7 (week 8 begins Friday) on two separate orders placed at the same time: an unfinished neck and a finished Strat body. Hoping the neck is about ready to ship out, but there's a lot of custom options on it, so I can see it taking a bit. The body is pretty vanilla with the exception of a non-recessed Floyd rout and a battery box rout, so hopefully the paint is curing as we speak. Can't wait!

Well speak of the devil, the neck shipped today. Just waiting on the body!

Now at 6 weeks 2 days since my unfinished bass neck order. I placed the order knowing it could take up to 9, so, fair enough. I’m just so eager to put it on the body, install tuners, and start playing! I’ll keep everyone posted

Just ordered another new neck two days ago.  A one-piece roasted maple, paddle-head again so I can shape it to my heart's content. :)  Counting on 11 weeks (including UPS transit time) so I wanted to time it for our family's big summer vacation where my workshop is.

Just logged on here to read this thread, did some math, and figured I'd give them another week or two before emailling. Seconds later, USPS tracking shows up in my email.
Screen-Shot-2020-03-13-at-11.43.50-am.png

'65 XII Roasted Maple/Rosewood ordered Jan 3rd, now on it's way!

I placed an order for an in-stock showcase neck on Friday, 2/18. Added SS frets and a Tusq nut. No finish since it’s roasted maple.

Got an email with tracking info just a couple of minutes ago  :)

world vs venkman said:
I placed an order for an in-stock showcase neck on Friday, 2/18. Added SS frets and a Tusq nut. No finish since it’s roasted maple.

Got an email with tracking info just a couple of minutes ago  :)

Less than 10 days (because I assume the WM staff aren't on the floor on weekends)!  Nice.  Probably were thinking "aw, hell, we thought you had a challenge for us!" :)

Did a search for Warmoth build times and ended up here.  I did a little reading and decided to sign up.  I'm wondering what the heck is going on with my order.  I'm at 17 weeks for a basic Tele and neck with finish.  They said 12 weeks when I ordered it???  I emailed their support a week and a half ago and got zero response.  Anyone else get ignored by customer service?  I'm worried about some of the people saying their orders are taking a long time, especially the one guy that said he was at 22 weeks and they told him it was still going to be a while.  This is my first order with Warmoth and to be perfectly honest, this sucks!!  I'm ready to cancel, but I just read their policy and it says the charge a 25% restocking fee!

Looks_Like_A_Hobo said:
Did a search for Warmoth build times and ended up here.  I did a little reading and decided to sign up.  I'm wondering what the heck is going on with my order.  I'm at 17 weeks for a basic Tele and neck with finish.  They said 12 weeks when I ordered it???  I emailed their support a week and a half ago and got zero response.  Anyone else get ignored by customer service?  I'm worried about some of the people saying their orders are taking a long time, especially the one guy that said he was at 22 weeks and they told him it was still going to be a while.  This is my first order with Warmoth and to be perfectly honest, this sucks!!  I'm ready to cancel, but I just read their policy and it says the charge a 25% restocking fee!

Welcome to the forum.

All I can suggest is what I wrote earlier see https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=32890.msg469527#msg469527

If your order has finish, it is the paint shop that is backed up the most apparently. Though based on currently published lead time estimates you should be expecting your order soon.

It will be the end of the 12th week on March 3 for my painted Strat body and satin finished neck (both custom). My sales contact put the shipping estimate around the start of March, so i really hope it ships out soon.

I got my shipment email today. 7 weeks 3 days from date of order. For reference it was a custom unfinished bass neck. It’s gonna be awesome.

13 weeks, unfinished neck and body. Really getting antsy; apparently they messed up the neck routing the nut and had to start from scratch. Fingers crossed...

Back