Current Warmoth lead times?

matthewl0799 said:
All they said was the paint shop is really backed up.

Makes me worry about my painted body.  :(

Seems like other peoples orders aren't taking near this long.  Not sure what happened.
I'll never really know for sure....

Yea, every other order of painted parts should have taken nearly as long, too.

Anyone ordered a roasted/unfinished neck see any significant expeditiousness? I'm still counting on 2-3 months, but didn't really see what the current lead times were, only that they would be extended 4-6 weeks for Covid/Shortages etc.

On 10/22/2021, I ordered a an alder body with a satin sunburst finish and a roasted maple neck, both built to order. They arrived last weekend, 01/15/2022. About 12 weeks.

echobaseone said:
Anyone ordered a roasted/unfinished neck see any significant expeditiousness? I'm still counting on 2-3 months, but didn't really see what the current lead times were, only that they would be extended 4-6 weeks for Covid/Shortages etc.

I ordered a showcase body with paint finish and a custom roasted maple neck on 8/18 that showed up at my door in Ohio on 11/9.  Most of that time was probably the paint shop.  I believe they are pretty quick at making necks and bodies, they are just backed up in the paint/finish department.

Ordered a custom medium scale P bass unfinished roasted neck and burst body  Oct 28,  still pending.... I'm watching the toaster way too closely now.  Something is gonna happen in the next few weeks, I just know it!

Registered to chime in, hope this will be helpful:

Ordered a tele bass neck on 1/10/22. Roasted maple (no finish), ebony board (no special choice) with no inlays (but I did choose side dots) and no binding. I made a note asking them to contact me to double-check if they thought the body fit would be right. I heard from them 10 days later and they let me know they were sending it into production. So, the turnaround between order and them beginning production on my unfinished bass neck was 10 days.

It sounds like the simple choices I made might mean I get the neck relatively quickly. I will check back in to let everybody know when I get it.

Ordered a diamondback body on January 6th and got shipping notification today. This may be the fastest turnaround I’ve had from Warmoth and I’m super excited. It isn’t finished so I’m sure that helped a lot.

Just ordered everything for a custom mooncaster and I’m just oblivious as to how long this will take. Any ideas? It says 4 weeks longer than posted lead time, but I don’t see and posted lead time. Suggestions? Pleeeeeease?

tfennell74 said:
Just ordered everything for a custom mooncaster and I’m just oblivious as to how long this will take. Any ideas? It says 4 weeks longer than posted lead time, but I don’t see and posted lead time. Suggestions? Pleeeeeease?

Welcome to the forum...

On the website, Help / Frequently asked questions.

https://warmoth.com/faq#howlong

In the meantime if you check out the link in my signature there are lots of other links to build threads, tips and tricks etc.

stratamania said:
tfennell74 said:

Welcome to the forum...

In the meantime if you check out the link in my signature there are lots of other links to build threads, tips and tricks etc.

That certainly helps, and proves that I didn’t look hard enough in the first place. Haha… looks like I’ve got a few months to get my soldering skills up to snuff. Thanks so much for the help!

tfennell74 said:
stratamania said:
tfennell74 said:

Welcome to the forum...

That certainly helps, and proves that I didn’t look hard enough in the first place. Haha… looks like I’ve got a few months to get my soldering skills up to snuff. Thanks so much for the help!

Sure, no problem.  :icon_thumright:

TheOtherEric said:
I ordered a custom unfinished body on Jan 1 and had it in my hands in 4 weeks.  Great job Warmoth!
I’ll hope for the best, but I’m not expecting that amount of luck, only because I ordered enough for the complete guitar. I’m bound to run into some delays. Congrats on your quick turnaround time!🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Ordered custom SS P bass with burst and a SS neck October 28,  just got an email from UPS Feb 7

Ordered my 2nd build today, just had that itch I had to scratch. Now the wait begins, Soloist Body Mahogany w a Koa top unfinished and and a Roasted Maple Strat neck w Turquoise dots.

Ordered an Indian Rosewood tele neck on 12/28, so today will be 7 weeks. Fingers crossed it ships soon!

I ordered an in-stock showcase neck in early January. Specified stainless steel frets and the neck was delivered two weeks and one day after I ordered it. But I ended up returning it.

Ordered another showcase neck, also with stainless steel frets, last Friday. Will update here when it gets shipped.

Ordered a body with paint in early November, still waiting and getting increasingly frustrated with waiting but no status updates. This will be the last order I place with Warmoth. Paying 100% up front and waiting close to 4 months with no updates is very frustrating. If I had it to do over again I would have ordered a finished, off the shelf guitar and changed things over time.

Back