Current Warmoth lead times?

Custom Strat body (with finish - vintage white) and custom Strat neck (unfinished roasted flame maple). Just closed out 16 weeks from initial order (11/18/21) and heading into week 17.....pray for me.... :sad:

Ordered custom neck on 2/14 still waiting. Ordered Custom body on 2/21 received 3/16. should state both ordered without finish.

Ordered Raosted Neck and Soloist Body with Koa Top both unfinished on 2/18 just got shipping notification today 4/7. So 7 weeks, I was expecting closer to the end of the month.

Rich5150 said:
Ordered Raosted Neck and Soloist Body with Koa Top both unfinished on 2/18 just got shipping notification today 4/7. So 7 weeks, I was expecting closer to the end of the month.

Sweet!  I ordered mine a week after yours, so I'm hopin'....

NedRyerson said:
Rich5150 said:

Sweet!  I ordered mine a week after yours, so I'm hopin'....

Wishin' and hopin' and thinkin' and prayin'
Plannin' and dreamin' each night of his charms
That won't get you into his arms
So if you're lookin' to find love ...

Wait just a minute! I ordered an unfinished neck on 2/14 and still crickets! :doh: I was really hoping to to finish it and take it on tour.

I ordered a custom finished Jazz bass body (quilt top gloss red tint)and custom finished neck (3A flame maple fretless) 12/30/21 and changed the neck finish on 1/18/22 ( honey tint gloss off menu). I received my shipping notification today 4/8/22. I hope it looks as good as I imagined it.

And just like that, my UPS e-mail just arrived!  :blob7:

A day shy of 7 weeks.  Roasted maple one-piece neck, paddle headstock, white pearloid supernova inlays, no finish otherwise, plus two little pieces from the Warmoth hardware store.  Now approximately one week for transit from west coast to middle of the country.

Approximately forever. I am beginning to eyeball the maple tree in yard and wonder if I could have made a neck from scratch quicker.

NedRyerson said:
And just like that, my UPS e-mail just arrived!  :blob7:

A day shy of 7 weeks.  Roasted maple one-piece neck, paddle headstock, white pearloid supernova inlays, no finish otherwise, plus two little pieces from the Warmoth hardware store.  Now approximately one week for transit from west coast to middle of the country.

Neck arrived today.  For the little time I had to look at it, it seems gorgeous.  My daughter has claimed possession of it at the moment, so I can't even take pics of it for the "Out of the Box" forum.  4 days for UPS and that was with being delayed by a day due to weather conditions around Illinois.

Ordered on 3/1 and got shipment email today 4/18. Also one day short of 7 weeks. Reverse Tele neck with wenge shaft, rosewood board, no fret markers. Fingers crosssed that the rosewood is dark like the wenge.

Spud said:
Neck arrived today 4/19
Three anecdotes in a row just under seven weeks, and then your order came along and had to break the trend. LOL

Glad you got it in hand, though.

I ordered my stuff 17 Mar.  Unfinished neck and body.  Warmoth no longer offers the routing I had ordered (it's still listed on the site's builder though, even more than a month after I was told it's no longer available (?!)), so they had to change my order to no routes.  I had left a note to do so in the instructions, but they still confirmed with me, so I'm not sure how long the extra delay will be.  I guess I'll expect to have my stuff on hand some time in May.

A friend warned me that a lot of Warmoth builds go poorly due to user inexperience.  I consider myself pretty handy as a guitar tech, but I've tried luthiery only twice in my life and the results were not so promising.  I had hoped this would be a fair compromise between my skills-set (and toolbox) and the flexibility with what I wanted to create, but I'm super nervous now.

Well, you'll probably hear from me again when the stuff arrives, and then again whenever I start to panic about whichever thing I wasn't expecting to go wrong.

bostjan said:
Spud said:
Neck arrived today 4/19
Three anecdotes in a row just under seven weeks, and then your order came along and had to break the trend. LOL

I ordered my stuff 17 Mar.  Unfinished neck and body.  Warmoth no longer offers the routing I had ordered (it's still listed on the site's builder though, even more than a month after I was told it's no longer available (?!)), so they had to change my order to no routes.  I had left a note to do so in the instructions, but they still confirmed with me, so I'm not sure how long the extra delay will be.  I guess I'll expect to have my stuff on hand some time in May.

A friend warned me that a lot of Warmoth builds go poorly due to user inexperience.  I consider myself pretty handy as a guitar tech, but I've tried luthiery only twice in my life and the results were not so promising.  I had hoped this would be a fair compromise between my skills-set (and toolbox) and the flexibility with what I wanted to create, but I'm super nervous now.

Well, you'll probably hear from me again when the stuff arrives, and then again whenever I start to panic about whichever thing I wasn't expecting to go wrong.

You will be fine, none of it is that difficult and trial and error are expected. Just be 100% sure before you do something irreversible. Most problems can be remedied. Good luck!!

Spud said:
bostjan said:
Spud said:
Neck arrived today 4/19

You will be fine, none of it is that difficult and trial and error are expected. Just be 100% sure before you do something irreversible. Most problems can be remedied. Good luck!!

Not sure how much of what I can do is completely irreversible.  I suppose every hole can be doweled, but I'd really rather not have a bunch of janky rework.

I've been practicing on junky old guitar parts, but the trouble is that they are junky and old, and thus maybe even the best outcomes are not confidence-building.

I also bought a Stew-Mac mini strat kit to put together for my youngest son.  It was a blast to do, but probably way too easy - no routing and minimal drilling.  The little guy painted it himself with acrylic, and I did wipe-on poly over his work, which took maybe 30 minutes of wiping-on in 10 minute intervals and about a week total of curing.  I don't think I needed the practice dressing and leveling the frets.  It turned out swell, but again, the challenge was probably only like a level 2 when my Warmoth build is probably going to be more like a level 7.

Beginning to get frustrated….
Placed order 2/17 for JUST a roasted flame maple jazz bass neck. Binding and block frets.
Received an email about two weeks ago stating that “ Warmoth apologized greatly but there had been a delay in my order and they would let me know a status update when available. This is unacceptable.
I called them about two weeks ago just after receiving that email and the agent who answered gave an audible gasp or sigh when he pulled up my order and was like “your order was in a batch that got delayed”.  I asked him if he could please elaborate and was just given the obvious cleansing statement ….”we want to make sure everything’s perfect.”
I called back yesterday and was told it would be another two to three weeks possibly four as of 4/19/22 !!!
I purposely didn’t pick a finish to speed up the process as the agent I placed the initial order with stated it would add considerable time. 
I am very curious as to what happened to delay my order and the lack of info is giving me serious reconsiderations about placing all of the other orders I was contemplating placing.

Back