Current Warmoth lead times?

In my experience, if you choose UPS shipping then Warmoth don’t send out notification and just let UPS do that; but if you choose USPS then they’ll email you a notification with the tracking details

@chrismc
I’m in the same boat. My order also involved a roasted maple neck and flame maple top on the body. Blocks, binding, paint, clear, the works, etc. I’m wondering if that’s been a bit of the hold up? Maybe the maple was being sourced. My order date was 3/22. I emailed last week and was told “your order is progressing as normal.” That’s it. Whatever that means lol.

I ordered a showcase neck on 5/24 and it shipped yesterday and arrived today - 7 business days...  still waiting on my custom mooncaster body though

:turtle: :turtle: :turtle:

ChrisMC said:
DieterDeux said:
Custom rosewood/rosewood neck and painted custom body ordered 3/25 just showed up today out of the blue! Wasn’t expecting it for another couple of weeks, and thought they emailed or something when it was in production/shipped. I guess everyone is talking to their sales team for updates then?

Interesting. You’re the second person I’ve seen that ordered after I did (I ordered March 6th) that wasn’t from the showcase and had paint involved, whose orders shipped before mine did. I called them earlier today and they said mine should ship “this week”…which leaves two shipping days. Either way, I hope the roasted flame on the neck and the flame maple top is well worth the wait. Congrats on getting yours.

…and yeah, I thought they emailed tracking and such??

What paint job did you get, and did your order have binding on it?

The_GuitAar said:
ChrisMC said:
DieterDeux said:
Custom rosewood/rosewood neck and painted custom body ordered 3/25 just showed up today out of the blue! Wasn’t expecting it for another couple of weeks, and thought they emailed or something when it was in production/shipped. I guess everyone is talking to their sales team for updates then?

Interesting. You’re the second person I’ve seen that ordered after I did (I ordered March 6th) that wasn’t from the showcase and had paint involved, whose orders shipped before mine did. I called them earlier today and they said mine should ship “this week”…which leaves two shipping days. Either way, I hope the roasted flame on the neck and the flame maple top is well worth the wait. Congrats on getting yours.

…and yeah, I thought they emailed tracking and such??

What paint job did you get, and did your order have binding on it?

Flame maple on swamp ash. Purple dye/transparent purple. Natural masked accent. It’s going to look stunning….I hope.

Again, Similar build here...
Flame maple Choice top on a swamp ash body. BOY Burst with cream binding, gloss.
Roasted flame maple neck with ebony board, cream binding, and gold Pearl blocks. Gloss coat.

So, a lot going on there. It doesn’t surprise me at all that my order is taking longer than most. And like you, I’m very much hoping that it’s as stunning looking as I have pictured it in my head. But with these involved builds, I’m glad they’re taking extra care and time to make it just right.

For anyone waiting on a body- The Warmoth IG has some beautiful eye candy today. Maybe 100 bodies waiting for paint/finish. Is yours there? I think I saw mine. Happy zooming!

*Today 6/8 is Week 11, for reference.

Showcase body, no paint no work. Just print a label and drop it in a box. Website said 5-6 days but I'm not sure that still applies.

Wolff05 said:
swarfrat said:
I wonder if they have Krispy Kreme donuts in Puyallup...

There is a customer that sends all of us pizza once a year...
Ironic that the profile pic is Lucy & Ethel... maybe I should send chocolate instead.

9 weeks in here for unfinished neck and carved/bound lam top with satin finish. Had to call Warmoth a few days ago for a different question and sounds like my order has 2-4 weeks left. Curse my elaborate tastes!

What are you guys doing in the meantime? Yesterday I soldered ground connections on my pots in anticipation and just to do something proactive for the build.

W.O.W. I won't say more lest it seem like gloating. Maybe I should send donuts

patracles said:
9 weeks in here for unfinished neck and carved/bound lam top with satin finish. Had to call Warmoth a few days ago for a different question and sounds like my order has 2-4 weeks left. Curse my elaborate tastes!

What are you guys doing in the meantime? Yesterday I soldered ground connections on my pots in anticipation and just to do something proactive for the build.

I’m 13.5 weeks in on mine, and I was told “1.5 - 2 weeks”…3 weeks ago. So…I’d add some time to whatever they say it is going to be. I thought their shipping estimates would become more accurate as it approached the end of the process, but that theory was incorrect.

swarfrat said:
I wonder if they have Krispy Kreme donuts in Puyallup...

Many years ago there was one about three miles down the road from us. It was the only one anywhere.

I remember it was a badge of honor to show up to some function with boxes of Krispy Kreme, and talk about how long the line was. The convo usually went something like:

"Wow....Krispy Kreme! Hey everybody, Sid brought Krispy Kreme!"
Sid (thumping chest): "Ya, the line was six miles long, and took three days."

It's a Panera now, I think.

Soup anyone?

Dad used to tell a joke about this guy who prayed 'Lord, if I should stop and get donuts, please let the 'HOT' light be on when I get there. And sure enough, the sixth  time around the parking lot, there it was!

Back