Current Warmoth lead times?

Just came here to post my shipping notification as well. Ordered a P Bass custom neck on 3/13. Frankly that's pretty incredible turnaround.

Now we're only waiting on the pickups! Nordstrand is worth the wait I hear :)

BeagJon said:
Just came here to post my shipping notification as well. Ordered a P Bass custom neck on 3/13. Frankly that's pretty incredible turnaround.

Aw snap, congrats! From others posted ship dates…this should hopefully be new guitar month for me, too….but not until closer to the end of the month.

ChrisMC said:
BeagJon said:

Aw snap, congrats! From others posted ship dates…this should hopefully be new guitar month for me, too….but not until closer to the end of the month.
Hoping you get it asap! I'm on week 14 myself, should be NGM for us both!

I also ordered a custom Strat neck on 3/13. Maybe I'm in the que?

I ordered the same thing in roasted maple on 3/29. That's the one I really want!

Fingers crossed.

rorycosgrove said:
ChrisMC said:
BeagJon said:

already have every part save the pickups, tuning machines and strings. should be mega. i posted the bubinga body a while back. should be slick.

BeagJon said:
rorycosgrove said:
ChrisMC said:
BeagJon said:

already have every part save the pickups, tuning machines and strings. should be mega. i posted the bubinga body a while back. should be slick.

Bubinga can look amazing. I bought 2 1/2 sets of pickups, long shaft pots, short shaft pots, push/pull long shaft pots, push/pull short shaft pots, DPDT on/on switches, DPDT on/on/on switches, 4PDT on/on switches, three different selector switches (a Superswitch, a Megaswitch, and a Freeway switch), several different tone caps, two different (same size/different color) output jacks, three tubes of solder, a ton of heat shrink tubing, a variety of neck shims just in case, 15’ of cloth push back wire (I love that stuff because it’s stiff and stays in place), etc etc. (and of course the bridge unit, machine heads, potentiometer knobs, screws, yadda yadda). I wasn’t sure which way I was going to go with the electronics, and I wanted to be ready. It will all get used on some build at some point. :).

I went with a Jazz Bass body but double MusicMan Routs.
The Preamp is a Nordstrand JC-3b, and the pickups Big Blademan 4s. Both pickup pots have internal trim circuits to roll off some of the frequencies. It's very cool. It should look similar to one of Justin Chancellor's, see here >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5B9SQlixp0
Neck is a roasted flamed maple p bass. same for the fretboard, I love the contrast. full neck width (i don't have hands, bear paws.)

All black hardware should make it look pretty slick. I'll be finishing both body and neck in Warwick Beeswax just like I would use on my old Thumb and Corvette. (both warwicks were unfinished bubinga)

body pic because why not?

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 159
Update: I contacted Warmoth and was informed that my order had been delayed since my pickups and strap buttons on order were backordered (they were marked as “in stock” when I ordered.) They allowed me to cancel those items and the rest of my order should be shipping today!

I wonder if other orders are delayed because of miscellaneous items being out of stock

rorycosgrove said:
Update: I contacted Warmoth and was informed that my order had been delayed since my pickups and strap buttons on order were backordered (they were marked as “in stock” when I ordered.) They allowed me to cancel those items and the rest of my order should be shipping today!

I wonder if other orders are delayed because of miscellaneous items being out of stock

They can be.  I know for my last order, the set of 6 tuners I ordered at the time were in stock but between the time of order and the time it was ready to pick the rest of the order, those sets got sold off.  I got an e-mail from Warmoth CS asking if it'd be okay to substitute individually packaged tuners instead of the single set of 6.

So that delayed shipment until we sorted that out.

While I like WM prices on a lot of accessories and hardware and it's also helpful to combine shipping, I think for my next order, I'm just going to go with only the things that WM can do (so necks for my next projects).  I imagine that the supply-chain and CV issues are just continuing to compound.

NedRyerson said:
While I like WM prices on a lot of accessories and hardware and it's also helpful to combine shipping, I think for my next order, I'm just going to go with only the things that WM can do (so necks for my next projects).  I imagine that the supply-chain and CV issues are just continuing to compound.

This is my first build, and being on the inside track of logistics…I used 6 or 7 different retailers to acquire everything I needed for this build, and frankly, since I wasn’t sure which of the 89 different ways I was going to wire this one up, I have on hand enough different pots, switches, caps, wire, mini toggles, etc to do at least three guitars - BUT - I’d rather that, then get my neck and body and then discover that one mini toggle I need is back ordered for six weeks or whatever. Eff that, I’d rather be over prepared, with the way logistics have been going (for the last 16+ months).

ChrisMC said:
NedRyerson said:

This is my first build, and being on the inside track of logistics…I used 6 or 7 different retailers to acquire everything I needed for this build, and frankly, since I wasn’t sure which of the 89 different ways I was going to wire this one up, I have on hand enough different pots, switches, caps, wire, mini toggles, etc to do at least three guitars - BUT - I’d rather that, then get my neck and body and then discover that one mini toggle I need is back ordered for six weeks or whatever. Eff that, I’d rather be over prepared, with the way logistics have been going (for the last 16+ months).

Yup, ordered my stuff from all over the world. It appears we bass folk need a few less parts when it comes to final assembly though, so that's nice. I've gotta have another hole drilled for the 5th pot (warmoth spec's up to 4 on a jazz bass but the rear rout has room) and i've not soldered in years... thinking since i've waited over 6 months i might have final assembly done by a pro since if i miss a tiny piece, he'll have it on hand etc. Plus I get less and less confident about screwing things up the nicer and nicer the parts I've received are.

rorycosgrove said:

Yep, there are.

It's become a bit of a problem for certain items. Floyd Rose trems for example have been nearly impossible to come by. So have other even smaller things like ferrules. Nobody can get 'em anywhere.

It's so bad for certain items that some retailers have begun plundering the stock of other retailers....buying all the stock of some item at full retail because that's the only place it is available. We had to put the kibosh on a couple orders recently where a "customer" tried to buy 20 identical hardware items from us. We have now set a Max Quantity of 1 on certain items.

It's getting better though, and over the next few months hopefully things will start to normalize a bit.

I can't wait for normal.    I wanna go swimming, see a movie, listen to a band ...

rick2 said:
I can't wait for normal.    I wanna go swimming, see a movie, listen to a band ...

I just wanna lick stuff so bad!!!

Wait....wait.....I thought of a better way to use that joke:

I can't wait to get back to playing some licks, instead of just riffs all the time!  :bananaguitar:

Thank-you, everybody, thank-you. I just flew in from Albuquerque last night, and boy are my arms tired!

I'll be here through Saturday, so tip your waiters, and don't forget to try the lobster.

The Aaron said:
rick2 said:

I just wanna lick stuff so bad!!!

If you really need to... I know how much you like these:

You can even just buy a pack of the wooden spoons!

Attachments

• 88ece9a4710906a086e189f6f1ed8a1c.jpg
    88ece9a4710906a086e189f6f1ed8a1c.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 132
The Aaron said:
Yep, there are.

It's become a bit of a problem for certain items. Floyd Rose trems for example have been nearly impossible to come by. So have other even smaller things like ferrules. Nobody can get 'em anywhere.

Yup. True story. I bought my FR bridge in March, for a build that I will get in (hopefully) May, because I actually found one…in stock. That’s also why I ended up buying parts from like six different places, when I’d much prefer to get everything from one place.

There’s a lot happening upstream in the shipping channels, things like an actual cargo container shortage, shipping companies price gouging shipping containers, bottlenecks happening at the major U.S. ports of entry for overseas goods, cargo ships sitting just off the coast, fully loaded, for weeks…just waiting their turn to get to a pier, etc etc.

There’s lots of price gouging going on with sellers too; I noticed it on Reverb. The Floyd I bought was the regular going rate ($220), and was the only seller who had it at that. Everyone else that had them in stock were asking $300 or more.

Point being…when you find what you need, at a fair market price, in stock…you BUY it, even if you’re way ahead of your time frame in the current conditions. It’s definitely effected the way people shop and purchase.

Ordered April 10:
7/8 rear cavity/all mahogany/humbuckers/tele body/recessed TOM
7/8 mahogany boat neck/SS 6150 frets/Rosewood board

I did have a set of tuners and some ferrules in addition

I am ITCHING to see the status change to shipped!  I estimated it to be ready May 27th, so I'm a little early.
Getting the feeling that it might be a few more weeks, though. 

garytlove said:
Ordered April 10:
7/8 rear cavity/all mahogany/humbuckers/tele body/recessed TOM
7/8 mahogany boat neck/SS 6150 frets/Rosewood board

I did have a set of tuners and some ferrules in addition

I am ITCHING to see the status change to shipped!  I estimated it to be ready May 27th, so I'm a little early.
Getting the feeling that it might be a few more weeks, though.

Showcase or custom order? If it’s a custom order, you’re off by about a month and a half. I ordered March 6th, custom order, and I’m getting close, but mine hasn’t shipped yet.

Back