Current Warmoth lead times?

I mused a bit over the complexities of my own pieces as of late and their arrival times. It got me thinking that other factors certainly apply such as off-gasing of zero to multiple coats of paints, awaiting a kiln-run of the right type of wood (or roasting process) before the woods requested will be ready, etc. I knew my pieces might take a few weeks longer than normal, even longer than what Warmoth had posted.

Was I a tad bummed? Well not at Warmoth, more bummed at the state of the world and supply shortages everywhere. It's nobody's fault.

When I received my pieces though, it was so good. I had recently watched the history of Warmoth and saw the part where they said "We don't make them fast, we make them right," and I'd love us all to take that to heart again. Did it take a while? Yes. Did the parts I receive make me ABSOLUTELY happy I went with Warmoth even beyond the waits? Very much so.

I'm already cruising the Warmoth site for other guitars I don't need, but am certainly considering.

TL:DR - if you're in this thread to worry about the wait times... IMO it's worth it.

ChrisMC said:
garytlove said:
Ordered April 10:
7/8 rear cavity/all mahogany/humbuckers/tele body/recessed TOM
7/8 mahogany boat neck/SS 6150 frets/Rosewood board

I did have a set of tuners and some ferrules in addition

I am ITCHING to see the status change to shipped!  I estimated it to be ready May 27th, so I'm a little early.
Getting the feeling that it might be a few more weeks, though.

Showcase or custom order? If it’s a custom order, you’re off by about a month and a half. I ordered March 6th, custom order, and I’m getting close, but mine hasn’t shipped yet.

Custom order, but with no finish.  Without any painting I should be getting close!

I just got an email from UPS, my shipment is on the way! I ordered a chambered body with no finish April 12th along with pickups and hardware.

Michael

I called Warmoth yesterday to see if anything I could cancel was holding up my order (tuners/ferrules etc) and they told me it should all ship next week.  That was for an April 10th order of unfinished body and neck.

Ordered a painted thinline body on 3/17 and got an email yesterday it is on the way. Ordered a unfinished 12 string neck on 4/1 and got an email about a week ago it is on the way. Yay!!!!  These are for two different projects, btw.

1960es said:
Ordered a painted thinline body on 3/17 and got an email yesterday it is on the way. Ordered a unfinished 12 string neck on 4/1 and got an email about a week ago it is on the way. Yay!!!!  These are for two different projects, btw.

Aw man! Hey! Yours beat mine; I ordered on 3/6! Congrats though!

I had a body order on 3/22 and neck a bit later. Both fully bound and finished. Body is going to be the first 34” scale Mooncaster Bass. So a pretty involved build, I’d imagine. No word or any updates yet, so I’m guessing a couple more weeks. I’m totally fine with the wait, as long as my pieces end up looking and playing like everything else I’ve ever seen/played coming out of the Warmoth shop. To say I’m excited would be the biggest understatement of the year.

ChrisMC said:
1960es said:

Aw man! Hey! Yours beat mine; I ordered on 3/6! Congrats though!

Thanks! I'm excited.

Aaaaaaand a Bass neck and body ordered 4th of April just got shipped also. Unfinished both

elstoof said:
Aaaaaaand a Bass neck and body ordered 4th of April just got shipped also. Unfinished both

ooh what's the plan? i've an unfinished body/neck as well.

I’m officially at 12 weeks, and no shipping notification yet. :-(  It’ll probably ship next week. Hopefully.

BeagJon said:
elstoof said:

Black korina P body, rear route, wenge neck with ebony fretboard. Will leave the neck unfinished and the body I’ll think about when I see it. Might just tung oil it, saw really a nice oiled korina guitar online somewhere but I’ve never even seen korina in real life yet

elstoof said:
Black korina P body, rear route, wenge neck with ebony fretboard. Will leave the neck unfinished and the body I’ll think about when I see it. Might just tung oil it, saw really a nice oiled korina guitar online somewhere but I’ve never even seen korina in real life yet

Loved Wenge on the Warwicks I've owned/traded/flipped. Great stuff they are.

Never played Wenge either! A real experiment in materials with this build. Got all the components here ready to go on so just need to decide what the body wood looks like it needs

elstoof said:
BeagJon said:
elstoof said:

I have a fingered ziracote fretboard on a wenge neck + black korina on alder with clear to brown burst that I ordered on 3/20. I'm stupid excited to see it in person and burnish the neck to silk.

Also for anyone else coming across this, I have an update from Warmoth directly.

Guitar's with finishes: AS OF 6/2/2021
Delayed Time:
2 weeks behind schedule
Binding or more complex finishes: Up to 6 weeks behind

Start to End Completions Times:
Best Case: 8-10 weeks
Typical: 10-12 weeks
Up To: 16 weeks.

Got this back in an email, hopefully that will help some people curious about completion time. If anyone from paint works here, thanks for the hard work! I know the pandemic has hit you guys hard.

Custom rosewood/rosewood neck and painted custom body ordered 3/25 just showed up today out of the blue! Wasn’t expecting it for another couple of weeks, and thought they emailed or something when it was in production/shipped. I guess everyone is talking to their sales team for updates then?

DieterDeux said:
Custom rosewood/rosewood neck and painted custom body ordered 3/25 just showed up today out of the blue! Wasn’t expecting it for another couple of weeks, and thought they emailed or something when it was in production/shipped. I guess everyone is talking to their sales team for updates then?

Interesting. You’re the second person I’ve seen that ordered after I did (I ordered March 6th) that wasn’t from the showcase and had paint involved, whose orders shipped before mine did. I called them earlier today and they said mine should ship “this week”…which leaves two shipping days. Either way, I hope the roasted flame on the neck and the flame maple top is well worth the wait. Congrats on getting yours.

…and yeah, I thought they emailed tracking and such??

Custom roasted maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard (unfinished), custom swamp ash soloist body (unfinished), and some hardware ordered on April 13th shipped on 6/2. The email I got notifying me it shipped and providing tracking came from UPS, with subject line: UPS Ship Notification, Tracking Number...

ChrisMC said:
DieterDeux said:

Interesting. You’re the second person I’ve seen that ordered after I did (I ordered March 6th) that wasn’t from the showcase and had paint involved, whose orders shipped before mine did. I called them earlier today and they said mine should ship “this week”…which leaves two shipping days. Either way, I hope the roasted flame on the neck and the flame maple top is well worth the wait. Congrats on getting yours.

…and yeah, I thought they emailed tracking and such??

Yeah, your experience was why I wasn't even looking for it yet. I did get a UPS notification but it didn't say who it was from so it could've been anything.

Back