Crystal Ball

m4rk0

Epic Member
Anybody else excited?? I am especially curious about the Strat and Tele Surprises..could it be a carved top Strat? thinline Strat?

Warmoth crystal ball says more good stuff on the way. Shortscale J Bass, 5 string Z bass, 5 string Iceman, more chambered options and a few Strat and Tele surprises.

You're just keeping those short scale basses sitting there? Are you guys too busy playing in a short-scale Jbass / carved top dinky strat band to post them up?

No carved top strat, but..... still in shortscale land, how about 7/8 strat???? 

78stratbody.jpg

7/8 on top, standard strat on bottom.  Oh, yes, and there's more to come!

Max said:
Wasn't this already a hidden option?

I remember back in the days before internet, when you had to get a Warmoth catalog, this was on option.
It's cool, but I was going to ask when ever happened to the 7/8 strat.

so how about an oversized strat :)
most regular guitars look like toy guitars on me (yes, I am almost 6tf6)

Great! With a standard scale length and neck pocket, so you could slap a conversion scale neck on?
Love it.

Watershed said:
Max said:

I remember back in the days before internet, when you had to get a Warmoth catalog, this was on option.

This is a complete revamp of the 7/8 Strat with top and rear rout options.  There are neck options, but we're not releasing all the details yet.

How about a 7/8 Tele?  Yup on the way too....

Marko said:
so how about an oversized strat :)
most regular guitars look like toy guitars on me (yes, I am almost 6tf6)

I'm not dutch-giant but pretty square (or round, depending of the point of view :laughing7:) and guitars tend to make me look like Shrek, wanna big ones too!

Wyliee said:
Watershed said:
Max said:

This is a complete revamp of the 7/8 Strat with top and rear rout options.  There are neck options, but we're not releasing all the details yet.

How about a 7/8 Tele?  Yup on the way too....

Sweet!
Thanks for clearing that up.

James

Yeah, OVERSIZED would be cool!
I'm only normal height, but it'd be cool to rock a giant guitar.

Can anyone explain to me the benefits of 7/8? Just a better fit for smaller people? I thought I read somewhere that you could do 24 frets easier with a 7/8 body or something...

Back