Tele overhang/pickguard

I don't understand the problem, I guess. Put the pickguard on before the neck? Yeah, the old school heel adjust truss rod just is what it is. You aren't going to adjust it without removing the neck. The fretboard overhang isn't going to change that.

I didn't say the side overhang was the issue. Apparently I'm not being understood.
It definitely puts your “A Box” further away, but it was an easy adjustment. Now it’s a seamless transition from guitar to guitar and out of 7 of them, only 2 are the same scale length.

I think the problem might be you're trying to get all your info off the internet. First thing you have to do is order the following books. You can find them used for like $10 a piece, or at least I did:
1)Guitar Player Repair Guide by Dan Erlewine
2)How to make your Electric Guitar Play Great by Dan Erlewine
3)The Guitar Handbook by Ralph Denyer

Take your time, read at least the first one, and things will make sense.

I think the tread is basically done but the issue isn't really the baritone, however that's continuing to draw the attention - so I'm renaming the thread.

It's more the 24 fret overhang (which is about the same as a normal scale 22 fret) and the tele neck pickup location and depth.

I think the tread is basically done but the issue isn't really the baritone, however that's continuing to draw the attention - so I'm renaming the thread.

It's more the 24 fret overhang (which is about the same as a normal scale 22 fret) and the tele neck pickup location and depth.

A 22 fret overhang you will experience the same thing as with a 24 fret baritone. You cannot slide a pickguard underneath them. So on any neck pocket on any style of body you will experience the same thing.

If you have a vintage style of adjust at the heel, you will have to lift the neck rather than being able to slide out a pickguard, especially if you have a Tele neck pickup screw mounted in the wood.

It is just one of those things that is the way that it is. Even with some 21 fret necks with a heel adjust, it is sometimes needed to lift the neck as well.

After finding the same problem with removing the pick guard on a Strat with a 22 fret neck, I quit buying 22 fret necks. I have enough skills to work on that don't involve fret #22 to last me the rest of my life.

Back