Crystal Ball

hannaugh said:
Here's something freaky though... when I went to the Rock of Fame (the front of Guitar Center Los Angeles where they have tons of rock star's footprints), I put my hands in Jimmy Page's handprints, and they were the same size.   

Yes, but if JP put his hands back down, they'd be bigger than the prints, because concrete shrinks as it dries.  :eek:ccasion14:

That makes me afraid of some of the other bands then because there were some other guys with huge hand prints. 

It also makes me wonder what kind of cement they use there, because I know that Ultracal 30 does not shrink when it dries.  We use that to make molds of people's faces for movie makeup. 

hannaugh said:
I'm 5' 7", and my hands are disproportionately smaller than my overall size.  My friend who is 5' 2" has exactly the same size hands, and several of my teenage students, all of who are shorter than me, have the same size or in some cases larger hands than I do. 

So when I build a Strat, it will be 7/8. 

Here's something freaky though... when I went to the Rock of Fame (the front of Guitar Center Los Angeles where they have tons of rock star's footprints), I put my hands in Jimmy Page's handprints, and they were the same size.   

It's not the size of the hands that matter, it's the magical music you make with them!  :icon_thumright:

Warmoth is on facebook? I guess that shouldn't really come as a surprise in today's fast-paced, digital world.  Even my mom is on facebook. :laughing7:

I'm the same way. My mom is on facebook now. The only reason I know that is that she is in the same room.

Back