Completed VIP

westmc45

Body: VIP Carvedtop body, Flame Maple carved top/Alder back with black pinstripe, and recessed PRS controls,  Schaller 456 bridge, The finish blue dye top/natural mask binding/blue transparent back.
Warmoth neck is maple/black ebony fretboard Earvana Black Tusq nut. Finished Blue Dye Gloss Peg-face, Clear Satin Back.
Electronics are from Andy Rothsteins Guitars and has a  PRS-Prewired assembly with VCAP, Vol Kit & Short switch
Andy had  Lindy Fralin hand wire my pickups with a Fralin Bridge Humbucker 9.5k and a Fralin Neck Humbucker 8.5k.
The workmanship is far beyond what I can imagine and the finish is like glass. I am currently building a Strat now from Warmoth.

Attachments

• DSC_0141.jpg
    DSC_0141.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 5,848
Great guitar! Blue and black has to be one of the classiest color combos out there. Hope your next build turns out as great as this one!

Awesome! I dig the colors. How do you like the bridge so far? It looks slick.

That's a right handsome axe.  Only thing I'd do different wuold be to string it with something besides those d'Addarios with the colored ball ends.  But that's hardly your fault. Beautiful flame, and a nice match on the headstock.  I'd love to hear a clip of the pickups.

Bagman

Yeah, they should really colour the other end of the strings, like just at the end so you would be cutting it off or it would be hidden near enough. but lovely guitar  :icon_biggrin:

bagman67 said:
That's a right handsome axe.  Only thing I'd do different wuold be to string it with something besides those d'Addarios with the colored ball ends.  But that's hardly your fault. Beautiful flame, and a nice match on the headstock.  I'd love to hear a clip of the pickups.

Bagman

Yea this is all I have, I have one pack left and will change them out to something else later. But your right the ball ends look weird but thanks for noticing and telling me.

That blue flame is stunning! Warmoth does such an incredible job on those. And the black hardware compliments it perfectly. Great build!

you can usually tell that a guitar is going to balance well when the upper horn, or bout, or wherever you put the strap button, is fairly close to the twelfth fret. Other things that help balance is when the body is fairly heavy. The strap button of a les paul might not be terribly close to the neck, but the thick carved top construction ensures that the neck won't be weighing down on the rest of the instrument. Seeing as this guitar has a long upper horn and a thick carved top, i'd say that it balances just fine.

Back