Can anyone recommend non-locking tuners?

E

emmaporkchop

Not sure if this has been posted before, but can anyone recommend some non-locking tuners? I'm putting a telecaster together and am kind of shying away from putting locking tuners on this one. If it matters, for strings I use 10's, and will probably put a graphite nut on it. I do lke locking tuners mainly for how much quicker they make string changes.

I've used the Gotoh SG38s from W on almost all of my builds. They're easy to fit, excellent value and really work well.  :icon_thumright:

I generally use PWs on everything, but when doing Strat/Tele builds that need a more vintage look, I use the Gotoh Kluson style tuners; they work fine and are inexpensive.

+1 Gotoh sg38 for non-locking; PW are also nice but sounds like not what you want.
gotoh now sells a locking tuner that looks exactly like a kluson tuner; see it here at stew mac. Is that maybe what you're looking for, since you say that you do like locking tuners?
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/1/Gotoh_Locking_Vintage_Oval_Knob_Tuners/Details.html#details
Never used this particular tuner but i've used a gotoh type with the same design and different look. Works well, high quality.

Wasn't aware Gotoh came out with the locking Kluson type, that looks pretty nice.

Back