Bengal Burst LP

willyk said:
Your Australian brothers have Emus and Crocodiles plus a good assortment of very interesting snakes. :eek:  :laughing7:  :laughing7:

Cool! Can you go hit something with your car and send it to me?  :laughing7: 

Gregg Stewart said:
willyk said:
Your Australian brothers have Emus and Crocodiles plus a good assortment of very interesting snakes. :eek:  :laughing7:  :laughing7:

Maybe you like this http://www.eldoradostraps.com/products3.htm I have order it and waiting it.

You made a beautiful guitar, the top looks wild as the grain patterns on the fretboard.

I'd like to ask you what tune-o-matic you used. I was reading about the Gotoh on the Warmoth site: "A neck pocket angle of 1-1/2 to 3 degrees is necessary for proper operation.We can rout the correct angle in the neck pocket for just $10.00." This pocket angle is necessary only for the Gotoh tune-o-matic or every tune-o-matic that will be used in a LP body? Also, those tortoise back plates you used are made by Warmoth?

GearBoxTy said:
Gregg, that guitar is awesome.  Again, not anything I would ever build, but damns!
Ah man, what you mean you wouldn't build something like that?!  :sad1: 

Kostas said:
Gregg Stewart said:
willyk said:

Maybe you like this http://www.eldoradostraps.com/products3.htm I have order it and waiting it.

You made a beautiful guitar, the top looks wild as the grain patterns on the fretboard.

I'd like to ask you what tune-o-matic you used. I was reading about the Gotoh on the Warmoth site: "A neck pocket angle of 1-1/2 to 3 degrees is necessary for proper operation.We can rout the correct angle in the neck pocket for just $10.00." This pocket angle is necessary only for the Gotoh tune-o-matic or every tune-o-matic that will be used in a LP body? Also, those tortoise back plates you used are made by Warmoth?

Thanks for the strap info!

The bridge is just our standard Gotoh Tune-o-matic. The angle in the neck pocket is a standard freature on all carved tops for that style of a bridge from any maker.

Yes, the Tortoise plates are from Warmoth.

Glad you like it!

Well,

1. I don't want to build an LP style guitar with Warmoth parts.  I would actually like to buy an Ebony Les Paul Standard.
2. I don't like gold hardware, but it totally works on your guitar with the Bengal Burst and with that inlay.
3. I hate covered pickups, but again, those Rio Grandes look awesome on your axe.

It's just personal taste.  But, that's the beauty of Warmoth!

All the guitars I want to build are fairly "traditional" in appearance or they are homages to guitars I always admired or wanted.  My list looks something like this:

1. Sonic Blue Hard Tail Strat
2. Shell Pink "Vintage" Strat (tinted fingerboard, vintage trem, mint pickguard, etc.)
3. Spectra Blue Esquire
4. Candy Blue Charvel-style 1-pickup w/Floyd
5. Sparkle Blue Charvel-style 2-pickup w/Floyd a'la Steve Vai's in Crossroads
6. My version of a Green Meanie
7. My version of a Valley-Arts era Steve Lukather guitar (Trans blue or blueburst over quilted maple top - a couple of Showcase pieces fit the bill)

They are all dreams right now but, you get my point.

hmmm I guess it's hard to tell from pictures what it is. Maybe my monitor sucks.

DangerousR6 said:
That's an amazing looking neck.....very stunning guitar...... :kewlpics:
Thanks! I was trying for something different and it is fast becoming my favorite ride!

Gregg said:
DangerousR6 said:
That's an amazing looking neck.....very stunning guitar...... :kewlpics:
Thanks! I was trying for something different and it is fast becoming my favorite ride!

Beautiful guitar! in fact Im looking to build something similar... Can i ask what is the weight distribution like on a strap? with a chambered body, and the rosewood neck is it a little neck heavy?

that is about the most outstanding finger board. EVER!
too bad they ruined it with those gold inlays, it shouldn't have inlays, nothing can match that wood. i don't know why anyone would cover it up with those huge trap inlays.

the finnish is also sweet. but there is a little too much bling between the finnish all the gold and the pickups. ok, i'm just really jelous. i wish i could afford a brazillian neck.

DiMitriR33 said:
that is about the most outstanding finger board. EVER!
too bad they ruined it with those gold inlays, it shouldn't have inlays, nothing can match that wood. i don't know why anyone would cover it up with those huge trap inlays.

the finnish is also sweet. but there is a little too much bling between the finnish all the gold and the pickups. ok, i'm just really jelous. i wish i could afford a brazillian neck.
There were big holes in the fingerboard the same shape as the inlays so we had to put something in there. It looks a bit less bling when you're wearing it...more like you're wearing a fury mammal of some sort.

Yes it is rare to find them like that. I've seen only a handful in the last 5 years.

Back