Another neck wood poll

Which neck wood is best for a black korina body and indian rosewood fretboard?

• Padouk

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Purpleheart

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Wenge

Votes: 12 70.6%

• Total voters

rockskate4x

Please say why you voted for your particular wood of choice... notice that these woods are the cheapest configurations that do not require a finish, so I don't wish to hear about any other woods in this post.

Seems as if Padouk would be a good match tonally with RW.

I voted for wenge, because Marko's strat is wenge with ebony and the tone and the feel is just amazing. My 2 cents.

Why's the gancalo not on this one?  :icon_scratch:  Did you change your mind? 

Out of these though I'd say padouk would be the best choice tonally.

btw as far as I know, bloodwood is in the same price bracket as padouk anyway..

anyway, I voted for wenge.. Padouk is much like maple. Wenge is more inbetween maple and mahogany, with (what was is again?) tight lows and growling mids...

If you want to know about korina and purpleheart, Snouter has a video on youtube with exactly that combination.

Tempest said:
Why's the gancalo not on this one?  :icon_scratch:  Did you change your mind? 

Out of these though I'd say padouk would be the best choice tonally.

These are the exotics that are available with a rosewood fretboard, makes a cheaper neck than one with pau ferro.

I may get the gancalo if I decide to spend a little more.

Nah, you've got this wrong - none of these neck woods should ever get an IR fretboard - Wenge goes all-wenge or gets ebony, Padouk same thing. Purpleheart - same thing I guess. Goncalo should be all-goncalo but I could see pao ferro or again, ebony. Exotic means exotic.
What is it, like $20 more or something? Skip a few Venti Lattes with caramel sauce or whatever.  :icon_scratch:

Maybe we're looking at different necks... The necks I am looking at are the warmoth ones (as in their own headstock shape). This would make the price options different I think.

And I weren't pissed... it's cool man. no worries.

The increase to pau ferro is $10 actually.  I guess you can't get gancalo on tilt-back headstocks...

I choose purpleheart. I love the feel; slick, but not too much, and I love purple! wenge is GREAT too, but I just was allowed to vote once.

but with one remark: ebony fingerboard; not indian rosewood... its cheap, and it doesn't feel as slick or great as ebony.

Orpheo said:
but with one remark: ebony fingerboard; not indian rosewood... its cheap, and it doesn't feel as slick or great as ebony.

+1 to this, ebony is the best fingerboard wood I've had.

Back