ANNOUNCEMENT: Gibson styled products

tubby.twins said:
...and the rest of the crew have not been giving their personal opinions on the Gibson thingy.

Not that they need to - I can't imagine they're any more thrilled about it than we are.

LP X-Bird F-Bird Flying V

Some people still use MS Internet Explorer as their browser!

I almost bought a Ford Explorer

Christopher columbus does not qualify as an Explorer

Eff You Gibson

I was seriously considering a LP5S build early next year. Was already in the parts aquisition research phase. Not available in the Body Bulder anymore. Too bad. I hope W comes up with a similar hollow body shape. Maybe the other "G" guitar company will be interested in licensing?

Excellent point.

They may think they do, though.  If someone had deep enough pockets, we'd probably find out they don't own those body styles.  If Fender doesn't own the Strat and Tele body shapes, it's possible.  Then again, the Ibanez, ESP, and PRS lawsuits may have set those precedents already.

Good point, but the Ibanex, ESP and PRS lawsuits have been litigated in a much later period where they covered their collective asses more in accordance with a heavily litigious environment. Gibson and Fender tacitly allowed their designs to be reproduced for many years by many concerns without contention until the current legal environment developed to the point where you could patent/copyright/trademark the disposal of used toilet paper and sue the snot of anybody who did it without paying royalties. It used to be if something was obvious and the idea was plainly apparent to someone skilled in the art, there was no protection for it. Now, anytime anybody does anything, there's a troll waiting in the wings who'll say  "Hey! That was my idea! Pay me!"

SalsaNChips said:
I was seriously considering a LP5S build early next year. Was already in the parts aquisition research phase. Not available in the Body Bulder anymore. Too bad. I hope W comes up with a similar hollow body shape. Maybe the other "G" guitar company will be interested in licensing?

Considering BOTH other  G Guitar companies are owned by F, with whom W does have a license, the odds appear favorable. In fact, this would be an awesome time to introduce a Guild Nightbird body! ;)

I really think W should fix the bad word filter. It messes up all links to the forum.

Or ...

Make a name change to UnOfficialShortHorn 

I don't think this place needs a word filter at all. The membership here is pretty high caliber. I've been admin of a number of forums, and I never used the filters. But, like this place, 99% of the members wouldn't normally speak like an inner-city 6th grade dropout with a vocabulary of 48 words, 25 of which you'd never use in front of your mother.

If somebody is so hyper-sensitive that they can't stand the occasional use of colorful language, they probably shouldn't be on the internet in the first place. Besides, if nothing else, peer pressure is an effective filter. You can always "ignore" or block posters who trip your gag reflex, and they'll either wise up when they get no responses or go away.

Mayfly said:
I'd be in deep trouble if they did a duo jet body
Oh god, don't even get me started on much I want one of those. But I imagine that W probably couldn't pull off a body design that's bolt on, though.

Josh said:
Mayfly said:
Oh god, don't even get me started on much I want one of those. But I imagine that W probably couldn't pull off a body design that's bolt on, though.
You'd be surprised, take a look in the gallery at some of the stuff they've made.. There's a general rule, break out the check book and they will come.. :icon_biggrin:

SustainerPlayer said:
I really think W should fix the bad word filter. It messes up all links to the forum.

Or ...

Make a name change to UnOfficialShortHorn

Sorry gang.  Not sure what I can do, but I'll try.

DangerousR6 said:
Josh said:
Mayfly said:
You'd be surprised, take a look in the gallery at some of the stuff they've made.. There's a general rule, break out the check book and they will come.. :icon_biggrin:

Still would not do a starcaster  :laughing8:

Mayfly said:
Still would not do a starcaster  :laughing8:

Y'know, I was at a party last night with a lotta musicians and scantily-clad nubile young ladies covered in hooker dust (thank goodness for Halloween and adult fantasies), and somehow Starcasters came up. I mentioned that there was a great deal of desire amongst the members of this forum to have one, and nobody could believe it. "Who in the hell would want one of those?" they said. I would have defended you, but I couldn't come up with a good reason. To want a Starcaster, I mean. Otherwise, I was the very model of modern major wingman.

Well, there's Starcasters, and then there's Starcasters.

There's this one, which many forumites have espoused the desirability of:
starcasterfront.jpg

And then there's this entry-level unit:
DV016_Jpg_Large_H74848_black_group_shot.jpg

There may have been lack of unity with respect to what y'all were discussing vis-a-vis Starcasters, and the confusion would be understandable, what with Halloween, hooker dust, and whatnot.

Bagman

Back