80's strat ( now with real pix)

My big toe is also longer than number two. But your little toe looks a lot shorter than your nuber four, and mine seems to be just a little shorter. Maybe it's time to have an in-depth toe-length poll.

Mr Real Nice said:
Holy eff, dude.  That kicks so much ass.  :headbang1: My next guitar is going to be orange for sure.  I already have the color picked out, actually.  But it's a secret.  :evil4:  Anyway,  :rock-on:

You just told us.  It's orange.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Mr Real Nice said:
Holy eff, dude.  That kicks so much ass.  :headbang1: My next guitar is going to be orange for sure.  I already have the color picked out, actually.  But it's a secret.  :evil4:  Anyway,  :rock-on:

You just told us.  It's orange.

haha, I meant the exact orange.

That might go great with Lace Sensors, but with Gibson-style hums and most Seymour Duncans, they have tape going around the coil and bobbin that those pickguards would dig into.

I didn't read all 4 pages so I hope somebody else didn't mention this already.
I love your axe, the one thing that bugs me is the lack of paint inside the bridge recess... Doesn't that drive you batty?

hehe yeah people have mentioned that i'll  eventually do something for it i just havn't gotten to it yet, it doesnt bother me that much though

I'm wondering how you'll manage it, cause you made me want to follow quite your same path. A kinda 80's glam rocker with a EVO2/AN or a MoJoe/PafJoe or an AZ/... or ... or...  :headbang: :blob7: :icon_jokercolor:

manage what, the unpainted wood in the floyd rout? whenever i get to it ill probably just tape off the body and paint it flat black, or put some black foam in it. Im glad you like it though, I have no regrets about it, its everything any 80's guitar could ever be, minus the skin tight leather pants.

Sure, once you get them, we want a picture of your long toes with those incredible sticky leather pants and the guitar.  :icon_tongue:

thats pretty much what i was goin for, i looked into those before i found warmoth, glad i found warmoth instead :icon_biggrin:

Update: just installed the treml-no on this bad boy and after wanting to rip it out the first 30 minutes i figured it out, im actually pretty impressed, it helps with tuning stability, and easily lets me use the fine tuners to go to drop D in about 5 seconds instead of the 15 minutes it would've taken before I'd definately get one for any floating trem guitar in the future

With the trem-no system the is a doc on there site to cut the Tremolo Covers cover to access the trem no if you want to reinstall the Tremolo Covers.

I am usually a Gibson man, and as such usually a fan of the Les Paul, Sg, and Explorer shapes, but this guitar is a freakin' beauty. I think the color did it for me, not many orange guitars out there. Nice build.

Back