80's strat ( now with real pix)

probot said:
Cool guitar - Liking the Orange a lot. My Ibanez always grabs people attention because its so yellow it hurts their :eek:ccasion14: eyes.

RG20th14.jpg

I've got a 1990 DY RG550 from 1990 (bought in 91). This picture reminds me of how it used to look before gigging and clumsy singers took their toll!

probot said:
Cool guitar - Liking the Orange a lot. My Ibanez always grabs people attention because its so yellow it hurts their :eek:ccasion14: eyes.

RG20th14.jpg

That is one sick guitar.

Why is there no paint beneath the tremolo? Did ask for that...or is that how Warmoth paints them?

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
TexxasJam said:
Why is there no paint beneath the tremolo? Did ask for that...or is that how Warmoth paints them?

They have a flat black option for that and the other routes now as well.

But only for additional routs in finished bodies, not the routs that are already done (and finished in the body color). That means you could have two pup routs in body color, and one pup and the trem rout black. I'm not sure if I like that one better than leaving it blank.

yep.. correct answers, i was going to paint or dye it black but i like it just fine the way it is so im not, and thanks luke warmoth candy finishes are awesome

ByteFrenzy said:
But only for additional routs in finished bodies, not the routs that are already done (and finished in the body color). That means you could have two pup routs in body color, and one pup and the trem rout black. I'm not sure if I like that one better than leaving it blank.

The original question was asking why the trem route wasn't painted.  The pickup routes wood only be seen with pickguard out or pickups off, so who cares.  It wouldn't matter if they were bare, black, green, or had the Mona Lisa on them but the trem rout is always seen.

Back