7/8 Size - 24 Fret = 24 3/4" Scale - Black Korina

m4rk0 said:
That's one of the nicest guitars I've ever seen!
Is the neck made out of Korina too?
Is the Warhead peghead now a new option? never came across it on the warmoth homepage

*edit - I re-read your post that the neck is indeed made out of Korina :)
Black Korina Neck confirmed.

We designed the Warhead a few years ago. We haven't announced it on the Warmoth website since it's still done by hand and not CNC. I really like it. That peg shape is not on the site, that 7/8 body is not on the site, and that particular neck is not either. The neck is not a conversion neck and there is not a long fingerboard overhang to get the 24 frets. These are Warmoth's old school patterns that not too many people even know about.....but now YOU do....  :laughing7:

Gregg you wrote that it's a 24 3/4 scale neck, but no overhang with the 24 frets. Can I order a neck like that with a strat headstock?

CD said:
Gregg you wrote that it's a 24 3/4 scale neck, but no overhang with the 24 frets. Can I order a neck like that with a strat headstock?
Yes, but it's important to note that it does not work with a standard 25 1/2" scale body. You can have any flat top body "short-scaled" for $50 where they move the pickups and bridge placement slightly by hand to accomodate such a neck. A 7/8 strat-style body is made specifically for that neck. You can also get a tilt back of any peghead shape too. No extra charge for these necks, but you have to pair them up with a body made for it. The easy access to the higher frets is so cool!  :icon_thumright:

Im not one to want a guitar premade anymore, mainly because once you do these yourself ya just want to do it yourself.....hahahahaha
but if you ever put this one up for sale, I would like to know about it..........This is the Baddest guitar on the site........ :evil4:

So Greg, is that a "Production" guitar?
Years ago we made them for other guitar companies in addition to selling the parts ourselves. We very seldom make them now mostly because everyone has forgotten about it. Someday we will get them on our website so people are once again aware of them.

the headstock shape is nice.  traditional but unique to itself.  did you come up with it?

Hey Gregg, beautifull guitar,, Where can I get an allen wrench holder like you have on the back of the headstock?  I can never find an allen wrench when i need one.  Does warmoth have those? I've not seen one on the site.

Thanlks John

Alfang said:
Hey Gregg, beautifull guitar,, Where can I get an allen wrench holder like you have on the back of the headstock?  I can never find an allen wrench when i need one.   Does warmoth have those? I've not seen one on the site.

Thanlks John
Email spike@warmoth.com and ask him. He gave it to me and I'm not sure where he got it. Ya, it is way cool.

Curious about any volume change with the BBQ and Tallboy combo........do you need to turn up when you switch from neck to bridge???
They sound pretty balanced. I normally change patches on my amp when I switch pickups so it's kind of non-issue for me.

Also for my own future builds, Do you like the Sound of the BBQ more than the Muy Grande, with this wood in particular???
Haven't tried a Muy Grande in Black Korina yet, though a warm wood with that clear pickup would seem like a good recipe!

Yeah, It is real nice, but as you know the Tallboy is super sweet, I really do have a hard time switching to my bridge........
Im not much of a fan for bridge pickups, but the Muy Grande is very nice, though I was a bit concerned as on the Rio Site, their Muy Grande sound samples were a little on the modern side for me, being mostly into classic rock and blues rock I was thinking maybe I would like the BBQ a bit more, for bridge so I may end up checking that out.............

Love your new machine so much I had to save all your pics and show em to my wife for comparisons.........hehehehehehehehe
She said she likes mine better, but I know what she really means is she dosn't want me asking  for money to buy it....hahahahahahah

Man you broke the mold there............... :icon_thumright:

Yeah, I just got off the Rio site, Im definantly gonna try out the BBQ, so much more classic rock sounding.......

Superbeast520 said:
Yeah, It is real nice, but as you know the Tallboy is super sweet, I really do have a hard time switching to my bridge........
Im not much of a fan for bridge pickups, but the Muy Grande is very nice, though I was a bit concerned as on the Rio Site, their Muy Grande sound samples were a little on the modern side for me, being mostly into classic rock and blues rock I was thinking maybe I would like the BBQ a bit more, for bridge so I may end up checking that out.............

Love your new machine so much I had to save all your pics and show em to my wife for comparisons.........hehehehehehehehe
She said she likes mine better, but I know what she really means is she dosn't want me asking  for money to buy it....hahahahahahah

Man you broke the mold there............... :icon_thumright:

Yeah, I just got off the Rio site, Im definantly gonna try out the BBQ, so much more classic rock sounding.......
:laughing11:  Ya, my wife is always trying to cool my jets too but I still manage to keep her on a continuous freak about what I'm doing next  :laughing11:  Ah, what we'll do for entertainment, eh?!  :laughing11:

Man, think about new guitars with beautifull exotic woods, new pick ups, etc is a real problem of me, I take hours thinking in somethings like that... The problem in deed is that I don't only think in guitars for me, I think in guitars to people I know would like... :eek:
Perhaps i'm a little freak  :laughing3:

Did you shim the bridge at all to match the radius? Also It's that the largest stainless steel fret wire? And if it is can you tell a difference between that and the extra jumbo dunlop nickel while playing it?

WarmothRules said:
Also It's that the largest stainless steel fret wire? And if it is can you tell a difference between that and the extra jumbo dunlop nickel while playing it?
It's the SS6105 wire. Not sure what size Dunlop calls extra jumbo but you can see the specs of the size and shape of what I used on the Warmoth website. I think it's just classified as a Jumbo.

Back