7/8 Size - 24 Fret = 24 3/4" Scale - Black Korina

what is the REAL difference in neck length on a short scale guitar. not scale length.

I just wonder if on huge bodies like Explorers and Icemans, would the neck look odd?

I imagine most Ibanezes are closer to fender scales that gibsons.

and how the heck do you play the same notes on two different scales?!

It's really quiet simple. The minute you stick a capo at the first fret on your Strat, it becomes a 24.07" scale length guitar tuned to F. Capo at the 2nd fret it's 22.7" scale length guitar, and so on.  The bridge to neck heel doesn't change because you stuck a capo on, obviously.

that is absolutely, in no way... an answer to my question. I asked how much longer/shorter the actual neck is.

though that does confuse me further, because a Capo on the first fret doesn't equal 24.75... so... where does that put the frets?!

Without doing the math, the neck will be something less than 3/4" shorter. So, maybe 5/8"? 9/16"? Nothing you'd notice by looking at it. But, it'll play slightly slinkier, as the strings need slightly less tension to get up to a given pitch. Also, the frets will be very slightly closer together. Spread the difference over 21-22 frets. If you're not a high-speed shredder who frets by instinct, you might not even notice. If you want to feel the difference, pick up a Les Paul and see if the fret spacing affects your playing.

AGWAN said:
I think what he's saying is YOU CAN NOT get a strat headstock on that scale... but that the 7/8 bodies are meant for it.

Actually, I think he was saying you CAN get a strat headstock on the 24-3/4 neck. You'd have to call and specifically ask for it, on the website it says warhead only.

Disco Scottie said:
AGWAN said:
I think what he's saying is YOU CAN NOT get a strat headstock on that scale... but that the 7/8 bodies are meant for it.

Actually, I think he was saying you CAN get a strat headstock on the 24-3/4 neck. You'd have to call and specifically ask for it, on the website it says warhead only.

Nope. You cannot get the 24n3/4 neck (meant for the 7/8 bodies) with a Strat 'stock. You can get the CONVERSION neck (meant to convert REGULAR strat scale bodies to 24n3/4 scale) with a Strat 'stock, but these necks DO NOT work with the 7/8 scale "S-style" bodies. (like I said before, though, you can get it in anything BUT a Fender shape, which means you can get it in a paddlehead blank and cut it to a Strat shape yourself  :icon_thumright:)

Maybe it was answered earlier in this thread, but I'll ask anyways...is the 7/8 scale only available with a strat, or can you get a soloist in 7/8?

crash said:
Maybe it was answered earlier in this thread, but I'll ask anyways...is the 7/8 scale only available with a strat, or can you get a soloist in 7/8?

"S" style (strat) and "T" style (Tele) is what they have on their site. As far as I know, this is all that they do, but . . . sometimes they have stuff that you can only find out about by calling them on the phone, so you never know. (Keep in mind that the Soloist is just a strat body with deeper cutaways to give better access to higher frets. But the 7/8 scale strat does essentially the same thing by changing the size of the guitar. If you're after the Soloist for the look, I understand, but as far as access, the 7/8 strats should be excellent. (Also, you can get a 24 3/4 CONVERSION neck for a regular soloist body if you like)

B3Guy said:
Disco Scottie said:
AGWAN said:

Nope. You cannot get the 24n3/4 neck (meant for the 7/8 bodies) with a Strat 'stock. You can get the CONVERSION neck (meant to convert REGULAR strat scale bodies to 24n3/4 scale) with a Strat 'stock, but these necks DO NOT work with the 7/8 scale "S-style" bodies. (like I said before, though, you can get it in anything BUT a Fender shape, which means you can get it in a paddlehead blank and cut it to a Strat shape yourself  :icon_thumright:)

Okay. But can you tell me who's on first?

Disco Scottie said:
B3Guy said:
Disco Scottie said:
AGWAN said:

Okay. But can you tell me who's on first?

ha.

B3Guy said:
crash said:

"S" style (strat) and "T" style (Tele) is what they have on their site. As far as I know, this is all that they do, but . . . sometimes they have stuff that you can only find out about by calling them on the phone, so you never know. (Keep in mind that the Soloist is just a strat body with deeper cutaways to give better access to higher frets. But the 7/8 scale strat does essentially the same thing by changing the size of the guitar. If you're after the Soloist for the look, I understand, but as far as access, the 7/8 strats should be excellent. (Also, you can get a 24 3/4 CONVERSION neck for a regular soloist body if you like)

That is what I thought.  Do you know how much the pickups and bridge are moved with a regular sized body and a 24.75 conversion neck?

crash said:
B3Guy said:
crash said:

That is what I thought.  Do you know how much the pickups and bridge are moved with a regular sized body and a 24.75 conversion neck?
The pickups and bridge are not moved in that case. That is what makes it a conversion neck. You are converting a guitar built for 25.5 to 24.75, by changing the neck and nothing else.

If you look at post 56 from gregg, he states that non7/8 bodies have to be short scaled.

there are CONVERSION 24 3/4 necks, and WARHEAD 24 3/4 necks. Read the previous posts if you want to know which is for what.

Ok, I know that I'm nearly 5 years late to the party, but this is one of the most gorgeous guitars I have ever seen! I ordered my BK Tobacco Burst Strat more than 5 weeks ago, and I'm just hoping and praying that it looks 1/5 as good as this one. Cheers!  :eek:ccasion14:

Hi all, I am thinning out my herd of guitars for space reasons and I am selling this awesome guitar. See the craigslist ad here:

http://eugene.craigslist.org/msg/3217742949.html

Oh mi!  :eek:

It is very rare I see a Warmoth not completed by myself that I had a interest in buying.

Luckily for my wallet the CITES rules wouldn´t allow this anyway.

I'm sorry that you have to sell that gem. I envy anyone who will get it. Good luck on that sale!

Back