7/8 Size - 24 Fret = 24 3/4" Scale - Black Korina

Ok Gregg

I got the bug now!  I just ordered a flamed Korina body today.  I hope it looks half as good as yours!  Is your guitar made from a 3 piece blank?

Also, do you know if the Rio Grande tallboy humbuckers can be mounted directly to the body without deepening the pickup route?

cheers!

R.

Oh yeah, Spike and Eric both helped hook me up with the body.  Just wanted to mention that so I have someone to blame when my wife kicks my ass!  (I haven't even finished project #1 yet and I have #2 on the go!) 

(It's only an addiction if it prevents you from functioning normally in your everyday life, right?)

R.

red king said:
Ok Gregg

I got the bug now!  I just ordered a flamed Korina body today.  I hope it looks half as good as yours!  Is your guitar made from a 3 piece blank?

Also, do you know if the Rio Grande tallboy humbuckers can be mounted directly to the body without deepening the pickup route?

cheers!

R.
Hey, that's awesome! My Korina body is a 2 piece but I wouldn't think twice about taking a 3-piece. With a 3-pc body you have the coolness of the single middle section holding the neck, pickups and bridge all on the same piece. With Flame though, I'd bet you get a 2-piecer.

I did chisel out the neck pickup rout deeper for my Tall Boy, but found out after it was set up that it didn't need it.

Yeah, I agree, you probably don't need to get the deeper route for the Tallboy, as it seemed like I had plenty of room to spare as well, but it would be a bummer to find later you should have, so I don't mind I did. But mine are not direct mounted so you should have no problems.

Hey Red your gonna be digging that Black Korina, it will blow you away in combination with that Tallboy, you wait, your gonna have some heart stopping tone moments there, especially if you dig some heavy classic rock sounds. :icon_thumright:

Spike hooked me up with mine as well so no worries for you..........( hahahahahaa Spikes about to get 50 order request...)

What are ya using for the Bridge pickup????

Not 100% sure that I'm gonna go with the Rio's, but I want to have the option to do so.  I guess I've got some research on harmony central to do.  I must say though, I've only heard good things about the Rio's and the price is right too!  Superbeast - I am going to go with the Hipshot hardtail bridge.  I was worried about it being to narrow, but its actually fractionally wider than tune-o-matic bridge, which is what I'm used to. 

My wife said I'm cheating on my first project by starting on my second before the first one is done!  Ha Ha!!

Cheers!

R.

Awesome, about the bridge, yeah it really is a nice piece..........I must have wore out my link to Harmony when I was researching the Rio's, I must say, I had doubts as there wasn't much updated info on there in regard to them, but I kept playing the sound clips on the Rio page over and over and between that and having already done my bout with Dimarzio and Seymour they just seemed like a fresh approach and from what I read about as "Sure thing" as I felt I was gonna get.
Im very pleased with my Tallboy / Muy Grande combo..........though just to let ya know, I didn't feel they were as good split as I was hoping, they are definantly not great as single coils, as a matter of fact I rewired them in series the next day, but wired as a normal series humbucker they both sound fabulous......too me.
I will probably not use a different pickup combo for humbuckers for a long time, ( possibly the BBQ for bridge ) but for humbuckers I don't see myself going back to the other brands I used.  Good luck and enjoy that new machine.  :headbang:

7/8 sized body, with the 24 3/4" scale, and a 24 fret neck. Is this something you can really order? I see no 24fret option with the 24 3/4" scale, and no "7/8" body size.  :icon_scratch:

You'll have to call in and talk to a rep. There is no information about this body and neck on the website at all. It's pretty cool though!  :icon_thumright:

Seriously Gregg, you guys really need to offer up the parts to build Your Guitar.

I like the 7/8 body look, and the headstock is a very sweet looking design.

WarmothRules said:
7/8 sized body, with the 24 3/4" scale, and a 24 fret neck. Is this something you can really order? I see no 24fret option with the 24 3/4" scale, and no "7/8" body size.  :icon_scratch:

I had a chance to check this guitar out over the weekend at a band rehearsal.  Absoluetely awesome.  The scale length and positioning on my body makes it one of the most comfortable guitars I've ever played.  There will definitely be a 7/8 strat with 24x24.75" neck in my future. 

Can't say enough good things about this model....

-Eric.

And I was the guy playing that guitar at the aforementioned rehearsal.  What an unbelieveably sweet sounding and playing guitar.  This was the first all korina guitar I'd gotten to play, and now I understand what all the fuss is about.  It's got everything I love about mahogany (the warmth, the low end, etc), but with enough high end to the sound to keep it from ever getting muddy.  The scale length was wonderful, and it sat perfectly.  To put it in perspective, my main guitar is a hollow Strat, and I'd been playing that guitar for 45 minutes before I plugged in Gregg's 7/8 Strat.  Gregg's guitar sat so perfectly that even though it probably weighed half again or twice as much, I never noticed.

Oh, and the Tallboy/BBQ Bucker combo?  Perfect.  Two fantastic humbuckers.  I have a feeling I'm going to be swapping out every single humbucker I have in my guitars for those.

this is the most beautiful guitar body i have ever seen!

i love the body!

i like small guitars, and this one seems curvier than a regular strat

where did you manage to get this? (the body, of course)

megadookie said:
this is the most beautiful guitar body i have ever seen!

i love the body!

i like small guitars, and this one seems curvier than a regular strat

where did you manage to get this? (the body, of course)

Warmoth makes it and the neck.

That is one fine giutar. WOW                      :party07:                :party07:                      :guitarplayer2:                                  :guitarplayer2:

Sorry for the bump on an older topic but, I just want to get some clarification here...So if I wanted to order a 24 fret, 24 3/4 neck I'd have to have a 7/8 size body as well? Kinda confused me a bit there.

The 7/8 body is a body shape dedicated to this configuration, but any flat top body Warmoth offers can be "short-scaled" to work with the same neck for a small up charge.

Gregg Stewart said:
The 7/8 body is a body shape dedicated to this configuration, but any flat top body Warmoth offers can be "short-scaled" to work with the same neck for a small up charge.

Oh, nice! Thanks for the info, Gregg. I missed reading that in the thread... :tard:

Is that just the standard Warmoth metal logo? I had no idea they looked so... good.... This baby really deserves something like that, too bad about the $25 minimum, it'd only cost Warmoth 41c to mail me a sticker
Jan08001.jpg

Back