#3 Just In, Help me un-wrap ...

Updown

HI ALL,  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:  NEED HELP UNWRAPPING  :toothy10:  Pleeeeeeeease

I'LL START SHALL I
80edf5b5.jpg

YES IT'S A STRAT...
f16aceed.jpg

BACK IN BLACK.....INCLUDING MY FINGER PRINT MARKS..
514a3818.jpg

FINISH IS .... BENGAL BURST ..... (THE WHITE SPECS ON THE SIDE IS , REFLECTION)
f3c44136.jpg

NICE EVEN FLAME
67327478.jpg

SORRY ABOUT THE FLASH...

Thanks for helping me open that up ….. Now, that was fun, wasn't it !!    :icon_thumright:

Ok … Obviously  #3 is a Strat Body (was from the showcase) spotted the other week when 3 new Strat's appeared, grabbed within days or so !!
They where all really nice ones, with high quality tops, there was a 'Maple Quilt Strat' (went same day as mine) just after !!
Good luck to that person & well done to you.

& there was this one, that cost more…. http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseItem.aspx?i=ps5704&Body=2&Path=Body

& Mine...  :blob7:
Mine is so far …. Standard Stratocaster, Flame Maple on Alder
                    …. Bengal Burst - Top
                    …. Black Gloss - Back
                    …. Vintage 6 Hole Tremolo
                    …. SSH
                    …. Black Pickgaurd

Ok .. I have different types of pickups (here, on hand)

Neck or Middle I have … SD Little '59                                              Bridge (Humbucker) I have … Gibson Dirty Fingers
                                … SD Lil Screamin Demon                                                                    … Gibson 500T Zebra
                                … SD Cool Rails                                                                                    … SD DimeBucker
                                … SD Hot Rails

This is't having a GK-3 pick-up like my last build #2 Strat ('The Cigar") which has the SD's  Cool Rails (N) & Hot Rails (B) + a Vintage Rails (M)
Just wanted to & doing something different again ie: configuration / pick-ups etc.

Before I go any further…. A bit about ME…  :glasses9:

I'm NOT in a band, I DON'T play Live or Busk, I just Record & Create Music etc in my home studio. Basically having fun... I'll skip all the crap !!
I like different types of music & try to do all types, be it strange or whatever. I'm not a great guitarist by all means, But can play!!
I'm into Guitar-To-Midi stuff, using Roland's VG-99 & GR-55. Great fun getting 3 or more guitar sounds at once with one guitar.
I drive my Virus Ti Synth with my newly built Strat 'The Cigar' …. Just so much fun.  :icon_thumright:

Anyway…
Pickups , I was 1st going with… SD '59 (N)  … SD Screamin (M) … Dirty Fingers (B)

I think the Cool Rails & DimeBucker would go nice (not sure which way round for N / M with Rails thou)
Also was going to save the Zebra 500T for #4 that 'FireBird' build … may-be….. But hay, thats another topic right !!

Also….
I already have a Neck, that I got off the showcase earlier on, for a Roland Ready Strat Body (worked all good, neck great)
But will probably sell that RR Strat body.

That neck is a...
Strat Neck, Warmoth Pro, Maple, Maple Fretborad 1 5/8'' Nut Standard thin, 10-16" Graph Tech TUSQXL Black,
25-1/2" scale, Frets SS6150, Abalone Face Dots. Has on it at present 'Satin Chrome Serzel Lok Tunners'.
Finished with Black Gloss on the back, & Headstock
1st up I need to change these Tuners for 'Chrome' ones …. NOT Satin !! To go with the rest.

The black of this Neck goes very well, as the back of the body is black….. That's all cool.

But it just doesn't look right  :icon_scratch:  I think it's (1) the Maple Fretboard (with the Gloss Finish on it)
                                                                  (2) the Abalone Face Dots

Something just doesn't look right  :tard:

I put the neck of my #2 'The Cigar' with (Maple & Raw Canary Fretboard, Black Dots) next to this new body & it looked great, must be the
darker fretboard wood & the grains in it, that blends with the 'Bengal Burst' finished top much better.

:sign13:  Suppose I can always put it on for now & can change later on…..Anyway I'll ponder on that one  :icon_scratch:

It's seems a real 'shame' when they do a 'Great Ply Top' & then spoil it by a 'Top Route' ….
may-be the finish stuffed up somewhere & to solve that, Hey...lets do a Top Route !! ... Hey I'm not complaining …. look at the top I got !!

Was thinking of even cutting back the lower horn of the pick guard, shaped like the other side of pick guard to re-veil more of the Flame.
Something different …. or thats probably been done before.  :doh:

Anyway..
Will open a new thread on this, in … 'A work in progress' …. for other Queries & Questions, Pictures & Progress, Ramble & Rave etc etc.
Just thought I'd share my #3 with you all here.  :eek:ccasion14:  Cheers ....

Updown  :blob7:

Oh yeah ... here is the Neck I'm talking about ….

18d71ca0.jpg

5f7e62ba.jpg

The black back looks great with that top.  :icon_thumright:

I think a clear on that board instead of the vintage tint would match the body better, but that's just me.

Back