whoa - talk about chambering

GoDrex

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Explorer/Gibson-USA/Holy-Explorer.aspx

OK? Why? Why not? Only 350 available...

Ha, why not?  I kind of like it.  I like the Holy V better though...
547364.jpg

The first of the 2009 Limited Run Series guitars from Gibson USA — the Holy Explorer — is prime example of Gibson’s imaginative spirit

"UUUUUUHHHHH, Duhhhhhhh, let's make holes in it.'

Imaginative spirit indeed.  

Hey, guys, check this out:

Get an l5s or thinline, and saw off the top and bottom 1/8 inch!
Now sell it in a limited run for triple the cost!!! :toothy10:

Actually, don't. Let me do it first.

Lord, that is ugly. Now if it only tuned itself and ran windows Vista it would be truly desirable.... :tard:

The Abalone dot inlays are the absolute ONLY feature on that guitar that i find appealing.

Those "chambers" or whatever you want to call them are good for a few things however.

1. Tie ropes on them and then "draw and quarter" the guitar to pieces.
2. Hang it up from your ceiling and use it as a punching bag.
3. Hang it on a tree branch and use it as a pinata (But the parts that fall out are definitely not going to be candy :sad:)
4. Tie a rope to each end and play tug-O-war until the wood breaks.
5. Use the guitar as a paddle to beat your children for bringing home such a worthless guitar (the holes make it swing faster with less drag from the air)
6. Enormous Fly swatter!

Patrick from Davis said:
I think the inlays are "figured acrylic."  I need a Bob Uecker call right about now...
Patrick

Ok, The only feature that i like about the guitar is that they went with dot inlays.

I am so over Gibson and all thier gimmicks. I wonder how that Robo Guitar went over, or the Slash, or the ZW Flying SG or the vintage retro new//old set neck heel. And why is it that Lately Epiphone has been putting out nicer quality for less money? I know we are supposed to keep it positive. I will positively not buy another Gibson and I am anxiously awaiting my Soloist, No Gimmicks /Just RIght!

"The first of the 2009 Limited Run Series guitars from Gibson USA — the Holy Explorer — is prime example of Gibson’s imaginative spirit."

Seriously Gibson, stop jerking yourselves off.

They should make smaller scale ones so they can be used as barbecue spatulas.

A neat item for Gibson's merchandise shop along with their T-Shirt, beer mugs and bar stools.

As much as I like a good bash fest (and Gibson is fun to bash), I find that I actually kinda like these instruments.

(edit) and then I saw the price!  gack!

Chris of Arabia said:
line6man said:
The Abalone dot inlays are the absolute ONLY feature on that guitar that i find appealing.

Oh come one! The strap buttons are cool and the tuning pegs are right up there...

Nope, that is one of the ugliest tuning key designs i have seen.
The strap buttons should be straplocks. (or are they?)

That is one ugly looking guitar.  I do like the V a bit more.    Maybe it's just the placement and design of the Explorer cut out I don't like.  It seems like they could make them, I don't know, prettier? sexier?  cooler?    Sort of like Vai's swiss cheese guitar, or the monkey grip cut out.  This just seems like someone took a ruler and cut chunks out of a guitar for the sake of cutting chunks out and selling it for an insane amount of money.

Back