White pearl Soloist - new pics on page 6

k-k-kboooman said:
... and Danish has simply incorporated many English words like "computer" ... instead of creating domestic versions. ...

Yeah we tend to be too anglophile in the way we treat our language. But we used to use words like "Elektronhjerne" (Electronic brain) and "Datamat" (data machine) for computers.

At some point "Dansk Sprognævn" (The Danish Language Committee) really went all out in trying to teach the Danes to use "E-post" instead of "e-mai"  :laughing7:l

No really - in reality our language has always been under heavy influence from the "leading" language of the time ... earlier on French and German ... now it just happen to be English.

I bet hes almost done with it. or hes just been too busy to post about it. i bet its coming along great. unless he has like no new parts for it, then hes probably kinda angry because they arent here yet.

Hey..

Been some time since i posted... BUT nothing has realy happened... :(

I got a lic Floyd that realy feels and looks awasome....
But does it fit the routing of the OFR?  NOOOO!!  :sad: :tard: ??? Why on earth do anyone make a Floyd copy that wont fit ?? I dont get it.. its like it aaaalmost fits the cavity.. but then again  it does,nt..

So.. i,m waiting for some "cash" to finance the OFR instead...

/JZ

yep dems duh breaks. gotohs fits nicely but the pivot screws are HUGE in comparison. saddly the same thing happened to me but i was a bit younger and kinda guitar-ted. o bought a LO-Pro OFR thinking itd be about the same and its not at all and $100 more and now i cant sell it cause noone wants it. how mad do you think i am.

me given the proper amount of knowledge would have said no dont do that its got a different model, its demensions are wrong.

oh wow. i totally just lost track of what was going on and was thinking that you were the OP, and that your oiled guitar was the one that was supposed to painted white. silly me

Ok, so it i close to done now.. Result is great!
My paintjob is terrible but i,m leaving it as is for now.
The pickups and HBframes are "to" white and are not blending in as i want them to, so i guess i,ll have top give them some new painting as well.
Action is looooow  :party07:
Still needs some work with the setup before i,m happy :) (IU feel there is to much tension on the strings)

Missing a dome for the volume

Attachments

• Shred.jpg
    Shred.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 86
  • Shred1.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Shred2.jpg
    405.8 KB · Views: 64
I really really dig this guitar. Very well done!!!!....I have a similar soloist and it is my number one guitar...I like the strat headstock on yours a lot!!

S7300833.jpg

S7300837.jpg

Thanx ! It looks like we hade the same thoughts about clean looking guitars,
I like the clean look with the emg pickups.. I might try that as well..

:kewlpics:

Or, you could try black for contrast...

IMG_1486_Sm.JPG

Apparently, white Soloists have gained some popularity lately <grin> I just bolted that neck on yesterday.

Ya I like the way the EMG pups look as they are smooth and blend in nice to add to the clean look

Cagey: No control rout? whats the story here??

slashgnr88 said:
Cagey: No control rout? whats the story here??

Brain fart on my part. Forgot to specify anything when I ordered it. What's even weirder is I still didn't even notice until I started installing the pickups.

It's no biggie; I can deal with it. Just didn't expect to have to.

Cagey, That carved body is totaly awsomeness.  :headbang1:

I think i need to order something like that next time...  :glasses9:

/JZ

Hey, Cagey  - on that carved top soloist, does the recurve flip back upwards, or just level off?  In other words, is the angle of the edge 90 degrees, or slightly less as it goes into the curve?

It levels off. In other words, there's no "trough" around the perimeter. The first 1/4"-1/2" or so is 90° to the side and then it starts to ride up the curve. If you wanted to finish a carved top body yourself, you'd have an easier time with one of these than with a VIP, at least judging by the VIPs I have here.  Not that it'd be easy - carved tops are bitch - just easier.

Back