White pearl Soloist - new pics on page 6

lol thank you. but yah as long as you either DONT have PUP rings or your PUP rings are also chrome then i could see this being a very sleep looking guitar. also id like to mention that the Kramer i posted is extremly similar to the guitar you are building. just all black hardware.

also since your doing a maple maple neck what kind of headstock are you going to be using. i did a custom one for mine. it only cost me an extra 45 ad i mean paying all that money for a neck, an extra 45 isnt too much of a proce difference.

I think white with chrome will look awesome

I have a plan to build exactly what your building, a soloist pearl white with chrome, probably a maple fretboard too, very clean and sparkley looking, cant wait to see finnished pics

PUP rings are going to be pearl white as well.  :icon_thumright:

My goal is to get a very albino looking sparkling guitar... and i think i,m well on my way..

More pictures are coming.... i,m about to wet sand the clearcoat this evening...  This is my first paint job so i,m a bit nervous...  :sad1:

I got the tuning machines (planet waves auto trim) yesterday only to realize that they where 3+3 and not 6 inline... crap!! :icon_scratch:

/JZ

Oh,, i got white pickups from guitarheads.net. They where very cheap so i thought i,ll give them a try
If they suck i,ll proberly try white EMG,s instead..

/JZ

lol thats aweful about the tuning machines. id hate to make that mistake. easy fix though. especially through warmoth. everything that can be cheaper is. and by a great margin too.

Yea.. its bummer.

I got them from a local dealer so i,ll just return them and get the proper ones...

Right now i,m trying to decide if i should get a OFR or a muuuuuch cheaper licensed FR...  Anyone tried the FR from guitarfetish?

no just go with the OFR at least youll be getting the chrome one (cheapest). that or get a Gotoh in chrome because those directly retrofit wich is great.

only reason im so adamant about it is because your getting a floating one. it wouldnt be so bad if it were just a dive only.

I played a guitar that had a FR Special on it. The guy put a brass big block on it and it seemed pretty good. I didn't do a comparison or a shoot out or anything but it didn't leave a bad impression. I will probably get one soon.

Was that an original floyd then? or a licensed made?

The ones at guitarfetish looks real sturdy... solid steel and everything...

/JZ

It's fairly new. It's made in Korea I believe. It's popping up as OE on a lot of guitars. I noticed a bunch of Schecters that's used to come with OFRs now have the Special. It's OE on some Charvels too. It seemed like a really good trem and if you're concerned about this sort of thing it wasn't stamped "licensed" on the front. They go for about $80 on eBay.

Yah the special would be a great sustitute for the OFR considering its a floyd product. itll probably be your best bet. ESP has been putting them on their LTD models recently also, but then again ESP and Schecter use the same building to manufacture the machined guitars.

jzeilon said:
I,m in vain...  :-\

Lets see where it ends :)

Thanx for the support!

/JZ

well hopefully your project gets finished soon id really like to see how this turns out. and BTW im in the midst of building my own do you think you could help me with the steps i should take to do this because im a tad lost. i have all the parts its just i dont know where to start crafting this thing.

what makes this even better is that its almost the same as yours except that mine HSS oiled not painted. so basically weel be building the same thing. itd just be cool if someone could help me so i dont have to send all the parts to my luthier. hahaha

Of course.. I,ll try to support with what i know.. the rest should,nt be an issue for the experts here at the forum. I have seen a bunch of reeeealy nice guitars being built here!

Just start a new thread and fire away with the questions :)

/JZ

YES YES you should never do GOLD hardware. gold makes any finish look SOOOO much worse than chrome. i mean obviously that's all up to you but its an idea. of coarse you probably bought everything already so what i just told you is void. but i just think that gold on guitars makes me want to grab eye bleach soooo much.

AutoBat said:
YES YES you should never do GOLD hardware. gold makes any finish look SOOOO much worse than chrome. i mean obviously that's all up to you but its an idea. of coarse you probably bought everything already so what i just told you is void. but i just think that gold on guitars makes me want to grab eye bleach soooo much.

wow thats uncanny how closly that resembles a post that i previously had on this topic.

Kain VKail said:
AutoBat said:

wow thats uncanny how closly that resembles a post that i previously had on this topic.
Copy-pasta with my opinion injected :)

hehe. I have of course already made up my mind even before i ordered the body and neck.. aaand.. yeah.. you guys have.nt seen the neck...

I,ll post a pic real soon....  :icon_jokercolor:

/JZ

Back