White pearl Soloist - new pics on page 6

jzeilon

Hi all.

My first build ever.

Project name - Shredlicios  :headbang:

Body is basswood.

I have primed it, sprayed undercoat and also pearlcoating. ( The pics dont show the nice effect of the pearl thogh, i,ll try to get some better pics later on.

First picture shows it hanging being primed..

Next up is a couple of layers of clear coat... :guitarplayer2:

Attachments

• soloistprimer.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 131
  • soloistWhitepearl1.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Soloistwhitepearl2.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 122
Just curious, whats the recipe for a pearl paint job?          fill, prime, some kinda base, some translucent color ? hows it work? and is a candy paint job the same or similar?

Your axe looks great by the way

Thanx.! :)

Its just as you described it.

Filler/prime
Undercoat (basecolor, White in this case)
Then the "effect" pearl.

And last clearcoat,

Thats it.  :icon_biggrin:

/JZ

Yah thats deffinitly awesome i was thinking about doing an alpine white one but thats a MUCH better idea.

So is this gonna be an 80's type deal with like a maple on maple neck?

Yepp  :icon_smile:

Pearl white body
White humbuckers (with white mounting rings)
3A maple on maple neck
Chrome hardware

Albino guitar  :icon_jokercolor:

/JZ

NO NO you should do GOLD hardware. gold makes white pop out SOOOO much more than chrome. i mean obviously thats all up to you but its an idea. of coarse you probably bought everything already so what i just told you is void. but i just think that gold on guitars makes them sparkle soooo much.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/white%20jackson%20gold%20hardware/MakeAJazzNoiseHere/Guitars/IMG_1021c.jpg

http://www.musicstreet.co.uk/images/prs-navarro.jpg

hehe.

Thanx for the tip however my mind is set to chrome. I realy dont fancy the gold hardware that much  :sad1:

Looks nice on that pic though  :icon_thumright:

/JZ

(not that this thread needs this tangent, but i can't help myself)

I think gold looks good on a very limited number of styles and finishes, solid white definitely being one of them. But I think it's just a very specific kind of character and i think chrome or black hardware totally win out over gold for an alpine white guitar. if it was vintage white, gold+cream hardware might be the way to go. But it's hard to beat the simplicity of chrome:

JS2400WH.jpg

even the polepieces pop

Gold on white can look good for a little while, til the gold tarneshes,

Black hardware on white to me, just looks like a cheap mass produced item. I know someone will post a pic and probably change my mind

Gold doesn't tarnish. You may be thinking of silver. Gold looks like gold for somewhere between millions of years and forever. Problem with guitar hardware is the parts are only plated, and then usually only just barely. Gold has the unusual capabilty of being reduced to only a few atoms thick and still looking like gold, so you can plate things super thin. A mere ounce of gold could probably plate five thousand guitar's worth of hardware or more. Thing is, when it's that thin it's easy to wear off with simple friction, and if you have "acidic" sweat, you can eat it off in no time flat. Then you see the underlying metal, which isn't attractive.

Oh for christs sake cagey lighten up, I said basically the same thing, you just had to be confrontational didn't you, just like every other post from you, I guess your the smartest MF'er here arent you.

Splitten GD atoms with you, if this gets me thrown off, well thats a bummer.  But jesus, you know what I mean when I say gold hardware, or maybe you don't, you gotta take so much so litteral, EVERYONE else knew exactly what I meant.

I swear dude, lighten up, every post from you is this way, I'm not the only one who feels this way about you, I have friends on this post that I talk to outside of this forum. 

Now I know I'm not the most popular here either, I have my moments, like right now, but yours is constant, And you know what, sometimes I agree with you, but you have yet to win me over, and kow it seems like that will never happen.

And that's fine, you be your way, I'll be my way, I'm gonna call you out from here on.

And by the way, gold hardware on a guitar, for whatever reason, tarnish, or just grime, call it what you want DS, It happens.

I hope you know all your IM lingo so you can fill in the blanks.......Friends?

And by the way, to the people who care, I've been a good boy and don't wanna get booted, I feel I help here more than hurt

well i didnt really mean to start anything like this. i appologize for starting the chrome wars hahaha.

Alfang said:
Gold on white can look good for a little while, til the gold tarneshes,

Black hardware on white to me, just looks like a cheap mass produced item. I know someone will post a pic and probably change my mind
i may be that post that makes you think different about black Hardware on white Guitars lol

Attachments

• Model-Spec-PacerClassic.jpg
    Model-Spec-PacerClassic.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 58
Alfang said:
And by the way, to the people who care, I've been a good boy and don't wanna get booted, I feel I help here more than hurt

Forget your meds again? <grin>

Alfang said:

yah its cool ive only been here for a about a week or so and every post ive made that he relies to is very sarcastic and condescending. which sometimes isnt a bad thing, but must be used in moderation. i could see where he gets incredibly annoying. but you must also remember that this is a forum and what he says regardless of meaning effects you in know way. the best way to stop him is to ignore him. he wat you would call a troll (semi-troll in this instance because he does give a viable amount of proper information) he just wants attention.

and i think this forum may have a few just like any forum. just ignore it and heel eventually cool down. or heel just end up bothering someone else with his mindless banter about how dumb everyone else is. just dont let it get to YOU, hes not worth it.

Kain thanks your right, but i just get tired of kids on here, and i mean little kids, not max kids, max is cool.
Cagey has never given me crap before, and really he still hasn't, But I see him do it to a LOT of people, so in a way I was speaking for a whole bunch of people on this forum.

And his only response is not " I didn't mean it that way" or anything like that, It's " didn't take your meds?" Now that fires me up and I'd just as soon punch him in the kisser, I won't, but that's the kinda crap we don't need on this forum.

We don't need me or anyone else getting all fired up over some dumbass

Back to the Pearl white strat please

Back