White pearl Soloist - new pics on page 6

Is it me, or do frets 20-24 look flattened on the high E side of the neck?  :icon_scratch:

neck2h.jpg

reluctant-builder said:
Death by Uberschall said:
Is it me, or do frets 20-24 look flattened on the high E side of the neck?  :icon_scratch:

Not just you, but I think it's simply a glare v. shadow effect.
I'd have to agree, I think it's a lack of shadow that is giving the perception of the taper. :dontknow:

Death by Uberschall said:
Is it me, or do frets 20-24 look flattened on the high E side of the neck?  :icon_scratch:

No, it's not just you. Everybody sees it. He's probably profoundly ashamed on a deep and fundamental level. Offer him $27 for it to relieve his troubled soul, before his family sees it and disowns him.

Or, it could could be a photographic anomaly <grin>

Hahaha.. it looks kinda weird dont it?

BUT, it is just a strange shadow effect... The frets and everything is as perfect as it gets  :icon_thumright:

/JZ

My roommate is an amateur photographer with some pretty nice gear, and that's always the bitch - getting the lighting right. It'll make or break a shot, no matter how good your camera is. Framing, composition, subject matter, etc. are all important, but probably 70% of the job is the lighting. Nothing else works without it.

Well hopefully you get the proper parts hahaha. ive recently found out that i got the wrong Pots from my luthier and some of the screws dont fit in my guitar the right way. but i did get the neck on and ive got a picture with all the parts in it. but not like together, together.

now mind you this is only after the first coat of oil i have several other pictures throughout the oiling process but ill show the final coat of the top.

Attachments

• Freya (together).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 51
  • Gungnir (final coat).jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 30
yah ive been kind of back and forth with the name but ill probably stick with freya. considering it is a female name. i almost went with Gungnir but i decided not. but yah reykja is cool too.

THIS is what it looks like now. all i have to do is install the Pups and the bridge to DADGCF and ill have Freya all Fusioned up and ready to play.

this is just 3 different pictures so you guys can see the grain differences.

OH and the name Freyja does come from the Norse god of Fertility but Freya with no j is Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX (9.) Shes my favorite FF character in the entire series. though HER name is based off of Freyja for the basis of nobility, the name Freyja stems from the german word Frau which means Lady. i mean i could go deeper into this into how the 2 names are related but basically Freyja and Freya Crescent are the same so technically you arent wrong. not that i said you were either hahaha, i think this is a lot longer than it had to be.

Attachments

• Freya (almost DONE 1).jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Freya (almost DONE 2).jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Freya (almost DONE 3).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 55
I suppose we could care less, but I don't know how...

Call the thing whatever you want. It's your baby. You don't have to explain it. Hell, you know more about your guitar's fake name than I do about my real one  <grin>

The guitar looks great, anyway. Not sure I'd have gone with the cats and dogs pickup selection, but that's just me.

What do you mean cats and dogs. and BTW the PUPs are
Neck:  Dimarzio-Cruiser
Middle:Dimarzio-Chopper
Bridge: Suhr- Alrdich Bridge

>> What do you mean cats and dogs.

It's a euphemism. It's usually used when you want to say "wildly disparate". I used it because those pickups vary quite a bit in design, character and appearance. No offense intended, I just happen to prefer pickups to roughly match each other in appearance, at least in color. But, as I said, that's just me. As long as you're happy, everything is kittens and sunshine <grin>

Incidentally, that's another euphemism that means "as perfect, comfortable and desirable as can be".

Right, I went with the "j" because it's more Old Norse. I'm a big fan of the "ja" combo, as evidenced by Reykja, as well. And who doesn't love Eyjafjallajokull?  :icon_biggrin:

Remember that in nordic/germanic languages, there's no "d" in "j", pronunciation-wise. And it's Eyjafjallajökull ;)

It seems Icelandic is more into the letter "y" than its cousins: in Swedish we spell the name Freja and I'm pretty sure it's the same in the rest of Scandinavia and Denmark.

k-k-kboooman said:
Remember that in nordic/germanic languages, there's no "d" in "j", pronunciation-wise. And it's Eyjafjallajökull ;)

It seems Icelandic is more into the letter "y" than its cousins: in Swedish we spell the name Freja and I'm pretty sure it's the same in the rest of Scandinavia and Denmark.

Haha. The o with the umlaut was a little too hard for me to cut and paste. :)

I think (and this is not intended to disparage the Icelandic) that Norwegian, Swedish and Danish have been willfully evolved as languages; streamlined and simplified, somewhat. Whereas, in Iceland, they have intentionally tried to hold on to Old Norse conventions, akin to how L'Academie Française seeks to preserve French.

Well there's been an awful lot of foreign influence on many ways - for many years, French was the only language at the Swedish court for example, and Danish has simply incorporated many English words like "computer" and "download" instead of creating domestic versions. Iceland has historically been more isolated both geographically and wilfully. Often for good reason: they started out as a Norwegian colony, and we all know what a pleasant experience that can be.

Back