Which pickups are good?

leftyflip10

so i have a Fender strat that i want to replace with new pickups :help:,just wondering which ones would be good.im not really familiar with single coils so any suggestions would be nice:toothy10:  and also,i am a lefty,so can i just use righty pickups(like jimi hendrix) or would it be better to flip em? all i have to do is turn em around right?

Can't help you on the lefty part but I'm going to be buying an HSS strat from warmoth very soon and I'm looking at some DiMarzio Area 58's, to me the sound great. I've also heard that Fralin makes some fantastic single coils. Exactly what kind of sound are you looking for?

The cool thing about lefty pickups is if you put them in a righty guitar the sound comes out with this cool backward echo effect.  :laughing7:

Seriously though this page has sound clips of some of the best single coil pickups available:

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Strat_Pickup_Sound_Clips_W1.cfm

that ought to give you some idea

Rouse said:
Can't help you on the lefty part but I'm going to be buying an HSS strat from warmoth very soon and I'm looking at some DiMarzio Area 58's, to me the sound great. I've also heard that Fralin makes some fantastic single coils. Exactly what kind of sound are you looking for?

i mostly play metal,but i like to play anything form hardcore to alternative.i know the emg hums are good,but what about there singles?

Pickups are pickups, left-handed or otherwise. As long as they're wired correctly and don't have weird staggered poles, that is.

But for most all single coils, you're good to go.

Back